Back to Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks by IBM

This course gives you the background needed to understand basic Cybersecurity. You will learn the history of Cybersecurity, types and motives of cyber attacks to further your knowledge of current threats to organizations and individuals. Key terminology, basic system concepts and tools will be examined as an introduction to the Cybersecurity field. You will learn about critical thinking and its importance to anyone looking to pursue a career in Cybersecurity. Finally, you will begin to learn about organizations and resources to further research cybersecurity issues in the Modern era. This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a basic understanding of Cybersecurity or as the first course in a series of courses to acquire the skills to work in the Cybersecurity field as a Jr Cybersecurity Analyst. The completion of this course also makes you eligible to earn the Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks IBM digital badge. More information about the badge can be found https://www.youracclaim.com/org/ibm/badge/introduction-to-cybersecurity-tools-cyber-attacks...

GV
Aug 14, 2020

The reading link to Week 03's Framework and their purpose is Broken. Please Fix it. Everything else seemed perfect. I would recommend this course for people who think of starting their careers in CyS.

RV
Dec 24, 2020

If you want to learn cybersecurity and you have no idea about that. Then this is the best course which covers all the basic topics and provide you a best knowledge about cybersecurity and their tools.

126 - 150 of 2,096 Reviews for Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks

By kelash k

Aug 28, 2021

This course provides learners with a baseline understanding of common cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. An overview of how basic cyber attacks are constructed and applied to real systems is also included.

By R V R

Sep 5, 2021

It is very informative, I learned many things. First I had no idea were to begin what I have to learn or How people really hack and is it good, etc. Now I am clear how they operates and how helpful it is to us and others.

By Aum A D

Nov 4, 2020

The course was very helpful for a beginner like me and very much informative to clear some of my basic concepts . Although I think there were some topics which needed more explanation from a beginner point of view .

By Obumneme N

Jul 23, 2020

It was an exciting learning experience. The content is very comprehensive and the quizzes were designed to bring out the knowledge in one. Thanks to all the presenters and IBM for organizing this excellent course.

By Ricardo d S R

Apr 2, 2021

Great training where you can learn various concepts used in the IT Security area. This course, although an introduction, is quite broad in its explanations and the professionals involved in it are highly trained.

By Beckett H

Dec 13, 2020

Was split up into manageable weekly workloads, and I learned a lot of new things. It's especially useful that I know the knowledge is coming straight from the experts. I would definitely recommend this to others.

By Rohan P

Oct 28, 2020

Very informative, interesting and really difficult to pass tests. The competitive tests made me review the course resources again and again, that I became an expert at the various tools and attacks.

By Ricardo C

Apr 20, 2021

It is a very interesting course that allows to know the basic notions about cyber attacks and it is very exciting the world of ethical hacking and how to help companies to safeguard the assets of the company.

By Kelvin k

Aug 26, 2020

With the skills acquired I can protect my sensitive data, personally identifiable information , intellectual property as well as governmental and industry information systems from theft and damage attempted .

By saif j

Aug 21, 2021

Pso much information for a beginner like much. Had to watch other videos and resources to get better understanding. Now i feel quite confident that I can study the next program involved. Thanks you so much.

By KOTAKADIRA V V K

Mar 7, 2021

a good course have a lot of information to have some basic understanding of how things work in the field of cyber security .I recommend to take this course for people who wants to land in cyber security ..

By Lalkiya J S

Sep 27, 2020

Very great learning experience...... It was with financial aid and I really loved this. Thank you coursera for providing such quality education and thank you IBM for sharing great great skilled knowledge.

By Robert G

Nov 8, 2019

Excellent course, content is suitable for anyone interested in Cybersecurity. Provides high-level and detailed content on origin of industry, government, cyber players, methodologies, tools and language.

By 18I6157_Taher A

Sep 13, 2021

Really informative course for the beginners getting started into Cyber Security. The course is well structed with the relevant topic links from where more knowledge can be consumed regarding the topics

By James M B

Jan 14, 2021

Great general overview into cybersecurity tools and cyber attacks. Great content and guidance. Constructive feedback, noticed many typographical errors through out the course which has to be rectified.

By Ing. K G

Jul 24, 2020

La información y recursos del curso son actualizados y aplicables en un entorno real laboral, aprendí conceptos nuevos, aclaré algunos con los que ya contaba y reforcé otros, espero seguir aprendiendo.

By Samario K

Jun 10, 2020

Great course that gave me a basic understanding to cybersecurity issues, the methods used to security data and the tools used to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of communication.

By Yerlan Y

Aug 20, 2021

Thank you for this course, I took more helpfull information for cybersecurity attack and crime also type of firewall, penetration test, method of cryptography like asymmetric, symmetric, hash and etc.

By Junaid

Jun 19, 2021

I Thanks Coursera ,IBM and its team to provide us such a grade knowledge to help the world for protecting, analyzing ,recovering from the cyber attacks and other

once again thanks Coursera and IBM Team

By Anna U

Dec 28, 2019

I like this course a lot, especially a more complicated test system than in other courses. Like other IBM courses, this course is very informative, simply explained, and useful. Definitely recommend.

By Mubashir-Ul-Hassan

Sep 13, 2021

G​reat course for beginners but it is better if you start that course with some know how regarding to field then it will be really helpful for you to understand what they are trying to say or taught

By Nisar A

Jul 2, 2021

Excellent course at beginning level about introduction of Cybersecurity tools and Cyber attacks. The information explore in the course will be most beneficial for higher level course in this field

By Anwar J M A K

Sep 27, 2020

Very Good Experience from IBM powered by Coursera. I learn some new thing and wondering about the Technology in today's world. Thanks to IBM and Coursera.

Kind Regards,

Anwar Jamal

Future IBM Employee

By NEHA J

Jun 20, 2021

I have got a knowledge how CIA Triads work, know more about the malware and ransomwares, cryptography and cyber security compliance. And also get a right knowledge in the cyber security field.

By Tanair G

Feb 11, 2021

I've learned a lot! Plenty of information to retain. I love the challenge, I look forward to furthering my education in Cyber Security to not only better myself, but the cyber world! Thank you!