Back to Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity by University of Colorado System

This course is all about starting to learn how to develop video games using the C# programming language and the Unity game engine on Windows or Mac. Why use C# and Unity instead of some other language and game engine? Well, C# is a really good language for learning how to program and then programming professionally. Also, the Unity game engine is very popular with indie game developers; Unity games were downloaded 16,000,000,000 times in 2016! Finally, C# is one of the programming languages you can use in the Unity environment. This course doesn't assume you have any previous programming experience. Don't worry if you've never written code before; we'll start at the very beginning and work our way up to building small games by the end of the course. Throughout the course you'll learn core programming concepts that apply to lots of programming languages, including C#, and you'll also learn how to apply those concepts when you develop games. Computer programming is really fun in general, and programming games is even better! Caution: Beginning (assuming no prior programming knowledge) is not the same as easy (not hard to do). Learning to program IS hard to do, especially since this course is essentially the first half of a freshman-level college course. Meeting the course challenges while you master the material will be rewarding to you, but doing that will require hard work and maybe even a few expletives along the way. Module 1: Write your first C# console application and Unity script and learn how we store data in our programs Module 2: Learn how we use classes and objects to implement our code Module 3: Learn the basics of Unity 2D games and discover how we make decisions in our code Module 4: Get and use player input in your Unity games Module 5: Complete final peer review and take "Final Exam" “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere. This course is an independent work and is not sponsored by, authorized by, or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates...

MM
Jul 29, 2020

The instructor extremely enthusiastic and passion which is really rare to see but amazing. Thank you so much for teaching this course it really helped to kick start my interest in game development :)

JT
Jan 17, 2020

Very good instructor walks you through every step and then has assignments for you to do on your own to practice your coding skills. Emphasizes using documentation and practicing fundamentals.

76 - 100 of 443 Reviews for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

By Agustin A M M

Jul 19, 2020

It was very useful for someone who doesn't know much about programming, like me.

Dr. Tim is a very charismatic instructor and he gives very good explanations in each lecture!

By Marcelo J R

Apr 8, 2018

Fantastic course!

Dr. T creates the best learning curve by balancing perfectly the level of difficulty in their courses. Worth it even for intermediate C#/Unity programmers.

By Solaiman A

Jul 6, 2020

Great Course!! Many challenges!!

Week 3 and Week 4 programming assignments were a little hazy in description. I had to sift a lot through internet to pass these assignments.

By Gorkem O

Jul 9, 2020

Dr. Tim has excellent teaching skills. When you complete tasks, you became able to implement them on your own. I will definitely take other courses of this speculation.

By Jeyson J M N

Oct 7, 2019

This course is excellent the instructor Tim and his book were a great help during the course i definitly recommend this course to anyone how want to create video games.

By David F

Apr 29, 2020

This is a great introduction to C# and Unity which was excellently explained and well presented. A big 'thank you' to Dr. T, The University of Colorado and Coursera.

By Gabriel A G d F

Oct 18, 2020

Great course! It really helped me kickstart my C# and Unity learning process, the tests are great and Dr T. is really in-depth about fundamental programming topics.

By Aman D S R

Feb 5, 2019

I really appreciated the course, lots of things to learn for newbies (like-me) at times it can get bit difficult but you have to keep trying its they way we learn.

By Brian G

Mar 31, 2018

I have never programmed before, and this made it approachable, it can feel a little 'advanced' at times, give yourself plenty of time to research topics if needed.

By Кочев Г Г

Aug 5, 2019

The course is very interesting, I enjoyed it so much. Instructor Dr. T explains everything very good so I can easily understand programming theory and practice))

By Shafiq I

Jul 13, 2020

Amazing course! Very beginner friendly and intuitive. It has really helped me grasp the basic aspect of C# programming considering that I'm totally new to this.

By Jamie K

Aug 22, 2020

Great intro to C# and Unity.

I wouldn't recommend this course for someone new to programming since I think it would be easy to get stuck in syntactical errors.

By Nithiya S U

Apr 17, 2020

One of the best courses on Unity and C#. The course teaches the basics with clarifity and gives hands-on experience in using the concepts in real-life games.

By MAURICIO I D S

Nov 8, 2020

This is an excellent course! You can start programming a videogame without having any knowledge about programming because everything is well explained here.

By Victor G

Thanks Dr. Tim for the wonderful course! It is very nice to watch your interesting videos. Your explanation of the topic is very clear. Thank you very much!

By deepak k

Nov 20, 2020

Very great course to learn programming and C# for beginners but

Tim have to buy some shirts his choice of shirts is awful pls buy some good shirt Tim 😁😁

By Mojtaba A

Sep 4, 2019

I already knew many things in this course before starting, and I wish I knew this course when I started programming games, Good knowledge and Good effort.

By Emma V

Sep 12, 2018

Excellent course, covers the basic ideas of programming as well as best practices, and gives tools to efficiently search for information and interpret it.

By Mani P

Aug 1, 2020

Thank you Dr.Tim, your teaching is in very attractive way, your class isn't boring and all the time long i want to watch your videos. Hope Best for you

By Chrysa P

Feb 14, 2018

Really nice and easy to follow. I really like how Dr. T approaches the learning for Unity and C#. I really enjoyed this course and had fun exercises!

By vincent g

Apr 19, 2018

Very helpful. User friendly. Good support material. Entertaining lectures.

All in all: nothing to complain about, learned a bunch and had a blast.

By Victoria K

Apr 13, 2020

It is really a great course for beginners. Lectures are simple and easy to understand. A lot of exercises to help you to understand and practice.

By Fernando H P G

Sep 20, 2020

The course is excelent and handy, I never work in game programming but now I feel very confident to try it in the projects which I have joined

By Aakmal b M Y

Jun 17, 2020

Introduces Unity and C# concepts in one fell swoop. Get ready to spend more time of your day digesting it all, it will be useful. Very useful.

By Prithvi D

Mar 6, 2020

It was one of the best courses i have ever done. The course instructor is very enthusiastic and he just made my experience exciting and worthy