Back to Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity by University of Colorado System

This course is all about starting to learn how to develop video games using the C# programming language and the Unity game engine on Windows or Mac. Why use C# and Unity instead of some other language and game engine? Well, C# is a really good language for learning how to program and then programming professionally. Also, the Unity game engine is very popular with indie game developers; Unity games were downloaded 16,000,000,000 times in 2016! Finally, C# is one of the programming languages you can use in the Unity environment. This course doesn't assume you have any previous programming experience. Don't worry if you've never written code before; we'll start at the very beginning and work our way up to building small games by the end of the course. Throughout the course you'll learn core programming concepts that apply to lots of programming languages, including C#, and you'll also learn how to apply those concepts when you develop games. Computer programming is really fun in general, and programming games is even better! Caution: Beginning (assuming no prior programming knowledge) is not the same as easy (not hard to do). Learning to program IS hard to do, especially since this course is essentially the first half of a freshman-level college course. Meeting the course challenges while you master the material will be rewarding to you, but doing that will require hard work and maybe even a few expletives along the way. Module 1: Write your first C# console application and Unity script and learn how we store data in our programs Module 2: Learn how we use classes and objects to implement our code Module 3: Learn the basics of Unity 2D games and discover how we make decisions in our code Module 4: Get and use player input in your Unity games Module 5: Complete final peer review and take "Final Exam" “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere. This course is an independent work and is not sponsored by, authorized by, or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates...

PK

Mar 23, 2018

I've enjoyed this course. For anyone with previous development experience this course will be very easy. Also Dr. T is very positive person. Lot's of fun in video quizzes :) Thank you!

AV

May 24, 2018

If you have never done any coding this is going to be a though be rewarding class. The lectures are given in an upbeat and quick tempo, which I enjoyed. I plan to take the next course.

76 - 100 of 129 Reviews for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

By Dmitry V

Jun 07, 2018

Course is pretty nice and hands on. I would recommend it to anyone.

By Zheng L

Mar 26, 2018

The instructor (Doctor T) is very kind and patient and this course does really well for entry level of C# programming

By Vita R

Apr 11, 2018

Easy to understand and a good learning experience

By Danilo C

May 14, 2018

Awesome course!

It is an absolute joy listening to Dr T!

By vincent g

Apr 19, 2018

Very helpful. User friendly. Good support material. Entertaining lectures.

All in all: nothing to complain about, learned a bunch and had a blast.

By David L

May 23, 2018

Really good course, Dr. T really knows how to explain and teach programming properly.

By Louis g

Apr 23, 2018

Great course, awesome instructor. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in learning C# programming for Unity game development.

By Alejandro P

Apr 08, 2018

It's a well structured course. Starts really slowly at the start, but then it pushes you to learn more and search up on the web to understand better the libraries. The first course for now has been amazing, i'll be sure to continue it.

By Javier C V

Apr 20, 2018

Great course!

By Karina T C

Jun 20, 2018

Great course. Video and audio with good quality. Everything is carefully explained and well detailed. I learnt a lot from it.

By Pavel K

Mar 23, 2018

By Chrysa P

Feb 14, 2018

Really nice and easy to follow. I really like how Dr. T approaches the learning for Unity and C#. I really enjoyed this course and had fun exercises!

By Jumana A

May 30, 2018

amazing!

By Сергей П

Jun 04, 2018

Good material. But sometimes I have problems with the difference in versions of Unity.

By Prasun B

Apr 17, 2019

Excellent course and the instructor is really cool and a great teacher.Thanks !

By 宗佑 林

Apr 02, 2019

It's a great course for basic game developing.

By Christopher B

Apr 14, 2019

Comprehensive and well presented.

By Hasan S O

May 11, 2019

Great course, recommend it.

By swathi

May 13, 2019

It was very good to learn here,And easy to Understand each and every concept.Thanks a lot for supporting us through online course

By aaditya j

Apr 06, 2019

good

Apr 06, 2019

awesome teaching.

By Howard J C

Mar 23, 2019

Great course for absolute beginners. The Unity code does quickly become overwhelming when Dr. T starts going over some codes that was implemented off camera. I'd suggest just reviewing those codes afterwards since he does provide you the source. There are few things where you wish Dr. T could have gone over in more detail but I think those are in his book. I haven't bought the book but so far, I was able to find the answers via other sources.

By Ernesto B J

Apr 08, 2019

This is a great course for those who want to learn C# for Unity. Dr. T is very effective in his instructions plus the program exercises will make you learn C# in no time. :-)

By Kelsey G

Mar 29, 2019

Excellent professor! I really enjoyed the videos and the reference tools given. There were a lot of headaches, screaming at monitors, and rage quitting... but in the end I learned something to help me further myself in a new path.

By 许天鸿