Back to Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity by University of Colorado System

This course is all about starting to learn how to develop video games using the C# programming language and the Unity game engine on Windows or Mac. Why use C# and Unity instead of some other language and game engine? Well, C# is a really good language for learning how to program and then programming professionally. Also, the Unity game engine is very popular with indie game developers; Unity games were downloaded 16,000,000,000 times in 2016! Finally, C# is one of the programming languages you can use in the Unity environment. This course doesn't assume you have any previous programming experience. Don't worry if you've never written code before; we'll start at the very beginning and work our way up to building small games by the end of the course. Throughout the course you'll learn core programming concepts that apply to lots of programming languages, including C#, and you'll also learn how to apply those concepts when you develop games. Computer programming is really fun in general, and programming games is even better! Caution: Beginning (assuming no prior programming knowledge) is not the same as easy (not hard to do). Learning to program IS hard to do, especially since this course is essentially the first half of a freshman-level college course. Meeting the course challenges while you master the material will be rewarding to you, but doing that will require hard work and maybe even a few expletives along the way. Module 1: Write your first C# console application and Unity script and learn how we store data in our programs Module 2: Learn how we use classes and objects to implement our code Module 3: Learn the basics of Unity 2D games and discover how we make decisions in our code Module 4: Get and use player input in your Unity games Module 5: Complete final peer review and take "Final Exam" “Unity” is a trademark or registered trademark of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere. This course is an independent work and is not sponsored by, authorized by, or affiliated with Unity Technologies or its affiliates...

MM
Jul 29, 2020

The instructor extremely enthusiastic and passion which is really rare to see but amazing. Thank you so much for teaching this course it really helped to kick start my interest in game development :)

JT
Jan 17, 2020

Very good instructor walks you through every step and then has assignments for you to do on your own to practice your coding skills. Emphasizes using documentation and practicing fundamentals.

101 - 125 of 524 Reviews for Introduction to C# Programming and Unity

By Кочев Г Г

Aug 5, 2019

The course is very interesting, I enjoyed it so much. Instructor Dr. T explains everything very good so I can easily understand programming theory and practice))

By Shafiq I

Jul 13, 2020

Amazing course! Very beginner friendly and intuitive. It has really helped me grasp the basic aspect of C# programming considering that I'm totally new to this.

By Jamie K

Aug 22, 2020

Great intro to C# and Unity.

I wouldn't recommend this course for someone new to programming since I think it would be easy to get stuck in syntactical errors.

By Nithiya S

Apr 17, 2020

One of the best courses on Unity and C#. The course teaches the basics with clarifity and gives hands-on experience in using the concepts in real-life games.

By MAURICIO I D S

Nov 8, 2020

This is an excellent course! You can start programming a videogame without having any knowledge about programming because everything is well explained here.

By Victor G

Thanks Dr. Tim for the wonderful course! It is very nice to watch your interesting videos. Your explanation of the topic is very clear. Thank you very much!

By Prakhar B

Apr 25, 2021

The concepts were explained in a simple manner making it very easy to understand, and apply the knowledge learned into th assignments which were provided.

By deepak k

Nov 20, 2020

Very great course to learn programming and C# for beginners but

Tim have to buy some shirts his choice of shirts is awful pls buy some good shirt Tim 😁😁

By Mujtaba A

Sep 4, 2019

I already knew many things in this course before starting, and I wish I knew this course when I started programming games, Good knowledge and Good effort.

By Emma V

Sep 12, 2018

Excellent course, covers the basic ideas of programming as well as best practices, and gives tools to efficiently search for information and interpret it.

By Mani P

Aug 1, 2020

Thank you Dr.Tim, your teaching is in very attractive way, your class isn't boring and all the time long i want to watch your videos. Hope Best for you

By Chrysa P

Feb 14, 2018

Really nice and easy to follow. I really like how Dr. T approaches the learning for Unity and C#. I really enjoyed this course and had fun exercises!

By vincent g

Apr 19, 2018

Very helpful. User friendly. Good support material. Entertaining lectures.

All in all: nothing to complain about, learned a bunch and had a blast.

By Ismail S

Jun 30, 2021

Absolutely amazing course. I came into the course with already some knowledge of programming, but the amount that I've learnt here is incredible.

By Victoria K

Apr 13, 2020

It is really a great course for beginners. Lectures are simple and easy to understand. A lot of exercises to help you to understand and practice.

By Bruno G A L

Aug 15, 2021

I loved the course!!! Although I took me a while to get used to Dr. Tim Chamillard humor... just kidding! Excellent professor! Thank you Dr. T!

By Rahul M

May 3, 2021

One of the best course to enroll when you are getting started with unity game developemnt and C# programming.A very good course for beginners.

By Fernando H P G

Sep 20, 2020

The course is excelent and handy, I never work in game programming but now I feel very confident to try it in the projects which I have joined

By Aakmal Y

Jun 17, 2020

Introduces Unity and C# concepts in one fell swoop. Get ready to spend more time of your day digesting it all, it will be useful. Very useful.

By Prithvi D

Mar 6, 2020

It was one of the best courses i have ever done. The course instructor is very enthusiastic and he just made my experience exciting and worthy

By Louis g

Apr 22, 2018

Great course, awesome instructor. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in learning C# programming for Unity game development.

By JAVAN T

Jul 17, 2021

Loved it. I HIGHLY recommend this for anyone who wants to get into game programming. Having a little bit of knowledge in coding will help.

By Marek H

Apr 26, 2020

Great course! Loved Dr. T's humour and the way he explains things. I'm definitely looking forward to completing the whole specialization!

By Brian R N

Nov 20, 2020

Really interesting course, and a fun way to learn the basics of unity and c#. The tutor enthusiasm makes the course a lot more engaging.

By Guilherme C

Feb 21, 2019

Dr T delivers a good introductory lecture and makes you research more about how Unity and OOP works. Recommended to do the whole series!