Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

AA
Jan 25, 2021

I found this course very interesting and interactive. I especially enjoyed the week of extra videos where we went into detailed psychological concepts like dreaming. Thank you for an amazing 12 weeks!

HW
Feb 16, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

251 - 275 of 1,343 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Liz

May 4, 2017

Most Excellent. Professor was engaging, knowledgeable, and motivating. I looked forward to going home after work to learn from his videos. I would like to see more of his work if there is anything offered. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

By Giselle H

Jul 9, 2020

Having graduated with Psychology as one of my subjects I was impressed that the course covered a lot of content

I thoroughly enjoyed hearing about some of the Masters again

Thank you Steve for making it something I looked forward to almost everyday

By María d P R G

May 4, 2019

I deeply enjoyed learning about something completely unknown to me. Steeve makes the lectures fun and interesting. I like the fact that everything is made to be completed at your own time and preference. Thumbs up for coursera and Steeve! Thanks!

By David L

Mar 10, 2017

I was always looking for a course on psychology that provides a full overview through the evolution of psychology with its key concepts and how these shape our behaviours. The course provides all this with a great and fun way of content delivery!

By Elías J E G

Nov 2, 2020

I loved this course. After taking it my curiosity about psychology and how the brain works skyrocketed. It opened my appetite to keep learning about the subject. I definitely want to thank the professor Steve Joordens, he's an awesome teacher.

By Shu N

Jun 30, 2020

This is my first course completed on Coursera!!! It's totally because of Steve here!!! I love him soooo much that I have decided to minor in Psychology now OMG Thank you so much Steve, please please please have more videos and new courses now!!!

By Vaishnavi R

Jan 10, 2021

I had so much fun learning from Prof. Steve Joordens. I think he is an excellent teacher who communicated key psychological concepts in a very engaging manner. I thank him for making the entire learning experience so rewarding. I feel smart! ;)

By Pedram M

Jul 20, 2017

The course of Dr. Joordens was really interesting to me. However I am not student of sciences human, it was informative and useful to me. The course is highly recommended to those who want to explore the world of the psychology, systematically.

By HUOShimeng

May 4, 2017

It's been 3 years since I first laid my eyes on this course. Finally, I finished it because of Prof.'s cool instructions and the great layout of coursera. Thank you guys for doing sth amazing to this world. And I learned a lot about Psychology.

By Oliver R

Sep 3, 2020

A wonderful overview of the history and key concepts of psychology together with the basic anatomy of the human brain. Really well executed in clear expositions, with lots of examples and suggestions for further study. Very interesting indeed.

By Mr. V S N

Jul 28, 2020

Great intro course. Covers all the basics of Psychology while keeping it interesting through illustrations and examples. The professor was very clear in his explanations and provided very interesting extra readings/videos for those interested.

By Shivdev S S

Sep 20, 2020

Its Very interesting and useful course. I want to study from university of Toronto. I love mathematics and have keen interest in psychology as well. In Future i will love to join this university as a regular student. Thanks to My Professor.

By AIKATERINI I K

Feb 8, 2021

Excellent course! Steve Joordens also was a great teacher presenting theories through practice and appropriate examples. The material that was offered was very good presenting various aspects of the theories that depicted everyday phenomena.

By Li R

Jul 4, 2020

Absolutely loved this course! Especially loved the lessons about brain and brain damages. Also the lesson about Attention and how we absorb information without consciously attending to it. Hat off to the great professor Joordens. Thank you!

By L H

Nov 27, 2017

I used to watch shows while eating meals, but both the course and the professor are so engaging that I ended up listening to the lectures while eating all three meals. Strongly recommended, and thank you very much for this wonderful course!

By Parichay M

Sep 28, 2020

This is probably the best course on Psychology on Coursera. Professor Joordens makes every lecture interesting with his intriguing examples and insights. Do take up this course & stick till the end because it will change you as a person.

By Aishwarya S

Apr 23, 2020

I absolutely enjoyed this course. Prof. Steve did an excellent job with this MOOC. He is great! Will definitely join any more MOOCs he makes. The course helped me learn a lot of interesting theories and problems. Overall, a great course.

By Roar K

May 25, 2018

Everything I expected and more. A Huge Thanks to Steve Joordens who made this course extra Interesting and even fun. I learned so much more about Psychology than I thought it involved. Just straight out the best course I taken so far.

By Dora A G M

Mar 9, 2020

The course was great, I learned many things. To know how mind and every part in our head work is incredible !

THANKS A LOT to the University, Professor Joordens and Coursera. I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL OF THIS.

By Chobanyan S

Mar 26, 2018

Taking this course was a great pleasure! I enjoyed every single video due to Professor's enthusiasm, passion and approach to teaching! I will highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you, Steve and Coursera team. Kind of cool ;)

By Vanessa C M

Feb 26, 2017

This was the best course I ever did in Psychology. Professor Steve is very clear in his settings and can always bring theory into practice. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to get to know the hot topics in Psychology.

By Hira M

Nov 19, 2020

I have a great learning experience. Professor Steve Joorden is hard-working and excellent. His teaching style is exceptional. I enjoyed the course Thank you so much coursera and Mr Steve Joordens for this enjoyable learning experience

By Giovanna G M

Nov 16, 2020

This course is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn a little more about human behavior and psychological concepts with an incredible teacher!! You won't regret it!! I miss it alredy and wish it had a part two!!

By Malamati G

Aug 5, 2019

Me tomó mucho más tiempo del que esperaba por motivos personales, pero en realidad puedes avanzar muy rápido. Es muy interesante, especialmente cuando no tienes ningún tipo de conocimiento previo sobre psicología. Me gustó demasiado.

By Dimple Y

Apr 5, 2019

The course was extremely informative. Professor is quite fun to watch, he makes the subject even more interesting. The course comes from the love of the subject! Would recommend anyone who wants to understand the basics of Psychology.