Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by Yale University

What are people most afraid of? What do our dreams mean? Are we natural-born racists? What makes us happy? What are the causes and cures of mental illness? This course tries to answer these questions and many others, providing a comprehensive overview of the scientific study of thought and behavior. It explores topics such as perception, communication, learning, memory, decision-making, persuasion, emotions, and social behavior. We will look at how these aspects of the mind develop in children, how they differ across people, how they are wired-up in the brain, and how they break down due to illness and injury....

KJ

Dec 27, 2020

I just ended this course smiling & 'happy' with the final topic. 🎉 Thank you for the wonderful experience. Professor Bloom did a great job in explaining and a very pleasant, soothing voice to present!

NN

Sep 19, 2020

The course was helpful in gaining the foundation of psychology. It was clearly structured so that a person with any background can understand it. Thanks for helping me to gain knowledge on psychology.

76 - 100 of 5,138 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Ed A

Oct 14, 2021

Great lecturer and great content providing overview of Psychology. My concerns are that it doesn't cover quite as much material as the lectures on the Yale's own website (Open Yale Courses) and the assessment could have been more thorough. Why not more similar assessment to the actual lecture series and with peer grading based on guidelines.

By Matheus S N

Oct 24, 2021

It's the best Psychology course on Coursera! I learned a lot and now I can apply this knowledge as a student and as a human being, and continue to learn and evolve as a psychologist to help people. Thank you very much Doctor and Professor Paul Bloom for this course that is a gem for Psychology and for society today! May God bless you!

By NAIR S

Jun 15, 2020

I am extremely glad to receive this opportunity to pursue a course in psychology from your esteemed university. This course has provided me with such a learning experience that is difficult to express in words. Well explained and well conducted lectures were beyond expectation,,,, Thank you very much for providing so much insight ,,,

By Elsie Y

Jul 14, 2021

I know some people thinks that those illustrations and sounds are somehow disturbing, but I think this is a friendly way to make non-native English speakers to get the idea during the course. With the demonstrations, it motivates me to keep on learning without any pressure, it helped me to be more engaged in course until the end.

By Emily V

Jul 20, 2021

Este curso me ayudó a reforzar conocimientos básicos sobre la psicología y a aprender cosas nuevas e interesantes. El material de video y lecturas es muy bueno y dinámico. Este curso es definitivamente de los mejores para principiantes en el mundo de la psicología y cualquier aficionado que desee aprender.

By Ramya K

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course!! Extremly informative and brought about a new perspective to self. I'm mother to a 4 year old and now I know why he does what he does. And the course is just not limited to kids. It's given me a wide perspective on the everything!! Thanks to Prof. Bloom for being an awesome teacher!

By Sophia G

Excellent by all means!

Professor Bloom was absolutely amazing, providing significant knowledge, in a pleasant and yet totally scientific way, expanding our prior knowledge in the field of Psychology. I recommend this course to everyone that wants to have a valid insight into the human mind and soul.

By Ejimedo M

Jul 8, 2020

I loved every aspect of this course. The animated lectures reduced distractions and were captivating throughout. The amount of information in the course never felt overwhelming, even though there are a lot of materials. I found the assessments fair, and the extra materials (articles) really helpful

By Rithika

Jun 17, 2020

Introduction to Psychology was my online course, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Prof. Bloom's calm and soothing voiceover and the incredible accompanying animation in each lesson was great. I couldn't complete it on time, and took much longer than anticipated, but that's on me, not the course.

By Szimona N K

Jun 15, 2020

Engaging and inspiring. Highly recommended. Learned a considerable amount of information in a short period of time. Definitely gave me the inspiration to look further into the study of psychology. Amazing course. Thank you, Dr. Bloom! You rock.

By Yaman S

Jul 14, 2021

I never knew it would be so easy to do a course and at my age without going to a college. All these years I wanted to do course in Psychology but because of other commitments couldn't do, but thanks to Yale University and Coursera.

By Giovanni V

Jun 14, 2020

Great course, really engaging and well-structured. The material provided in the lessons is sufficient for developing a general understanding of the themes explored, which can be deepened quite easily with the additional readings.

By Shana M H

Oct 4, 2020

This course is knowledgeable and entertaining all in one. It was one of the best courses so far. I enjoyed the lectures , readings and additional insight from the Professor and his knowledge of Psychology.

By Bukhtawar W

Jun 15, 2020

Professor Bloom is an amazing instructor. The transition to online classes was made enjoyable due to rich animations and his concise lectures. Week 5 and 6 were particularly useful and memorable. Thank you!

By Japheth M N

Jun 15, 2020

Quite enganging, educational and variety of opinions from the availed links. As a minister I am now better equipped to understand the functioning and the events and effects of my congregants life events.

By eduardo c

Jun 4, 2020

This was such an incredible course this Professor made it very interactive and insightful and easy to follow and did not let his ego get in the way of teaching like other professors from ivy leagues.

By Hamdi H

Jun 15, 2020

Very good course to provide foundational knowledge to anyone who wants to refresh on Psychology (such as myself) or those curious to be exposed to the field before digging deeper in another area.

By Felix C V

Jun 14, 2020

Muy buen curso introductorio, Muy buen diagrama de temas. Muy bien logrado.

Se consigue una excelente visión general para todo quien este interesado en esta hermosa temática.

100% Recomendable.

By Maria M

Jul 8, 2020

A wonderful starting point for anyone who`s interested in psychology for everyday life or further education. The professor is engaging and offers different perspectives on each topic.

By Charlene G B

Jul 19, 2020

Professor Bloom was great explaining every detail of this course. I got engaged with how this was explained. I look forward to more course videos with Professor Bloom on it.

By Christie D

Sep 9, 2021

Loved the videos. Material is presented in a straight forward manner. It is easy to understand and extremely interesting. Loved the enthusiasm of Prof. Bloom.

By Mohini D

Jun 15, 2020

Amazing course if you want a starting point for Psychology, Touches almost every topic ! Thanks a lot professor .. The videos were really cool :)

By Crystal L

Jun 15, 2020

I learned a lot and gained a lot from this amazing course! Thanks to Professor Bloom who provided me with this Introduction to Psychology!

By Nishchal J

Jul 7, 2020

I was extremely happy about taking an finishing this course! It provided great insights and knowledge on human psychology.

By Karmen A

Jun 14, 2020

Very educational and interesting! I recommend it to everybody because it gives you great basic knowledge of psychology.