Back to Introduction to Virtual Reality

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Virtual Reality by University of London

This course will introduce you to Virtual Reality (VR). The course will teach you everything from the basics of VR- the hardware and the history of VR- to different applications of VR, the psychology of Virtual Reality, and the challenges of the medium. The course is designed for people who are new to VR as a medium. You may have experienced some virtual reality before, and may have some hardware- but this course is suitable to individuals who have never experienced VR and those who do not have much hardware- we will explain Mobile VR as well as devices such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. Introduction to Virtual Reality is the first course in the Virtual Reality Specialisation. A learner with no previous experience in Virtual Reality and/or game programming will be able to evaluate existing VR applications, and design, test, and implement their own VR experiences/games using Unity by the end of the specialisation....

MA
May 13, 2020

The course is highly recommended by me. Learned so many things at once. All the lecturers are too good in illustrating a complex issues and now my basic ideas about virtual reality is clear and wider.

NC
Jan 28, 2018

Very good overview of theory of VR and a great start to deepen the knowledge. The course encourages you to seek out additional information and prompts you to think of applications of the technology.

26 - 50 of 408 Reviews for Introduction to Virtual Reality

By Willie M D

Oct 18, 2020

Such an amazing course. I learned so much. I want to learn much much more. I'm hungry for knowledge and this course has lit a fire and I can't stop reading. The best decision I ever made was to take this course. It was well worth the time and investment and I look forward to learning more from these amazing professors.

By Athan S

May 16, 2020

This is a great introductory course to Virtual Reality. It explains the history of VR and its fundamentals in sufficient depth while also providing quality reading material. Having Prof Mel Slater explaining the theory behind Immersion, Place Illusion, Plausibility Illusion and Embodiment Illusion was the highlight for me.

By Ihendu B

Jul 28, 2020

It’s a wonderful course, at least I have learnt more about computer graphics, 360-degree videos, casualty, plausibility, how to be someone else, somewhere else and somebody else, I have really equipped myself with more knowledge. Thanks so much to our lecturer for clarifying us the more on this course.

By Yasas S W

Jul 19, 2020

Wow, this is one of the best online courses ever I have attended. Thank you Dr. Sylvia and all instructors who conducted did very nicely. And I really loved to see guest speakers and specially the professor's sessions. Learnt a lot and loved every bit of it. Looking forward to continue this series.

By Dinusha G J

May 2, 2020

I was very interested in this area and fortunately, I got this chance to study about VR through coursera. Today I've successfully completed the course and received the certificate. I would like to thank everyone. If you like to study something new and trending you must do this course. Thank you!

By Rohan S

Jun 7, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and learned alot about VR. I used to think it is just another tech but it made me realise that there is alot going for it. I really loved Mel's voice and how he explained things and kinda wished he stayed all the way to the end but then again other's were great too.

By Makhduma S

May 22, 2020

Informative course for beginners.This course contain various information like virtually reality , application of virtual reality as well as various VR hardware , content and imformation.moreover it also includes types of illusion and illumination.so overall recommend course to know what is VR?

By Luis R V

Sep 24, 2020

Los videos fueron muy interesantes y te dan a explicar lo suficiente para poder entender como es la realidad virtual y sus inicios, ademas te dan links para que puedas leer acerca del tema que estas haciendo, el curso es muy completo para entender lo principal sobre realidad virtual

By Vladyslav B

Aug 3, 2020

I'm a developer of software and games for smartphones and VR gadgets, I can say the following, in this course I learned a lot about virtual reality, a lot of useful material and began to look at the development in VR in a different way, which is very useful to me.

By Jonas C

Apr 7, 2018

Great introduction into Virtual Reality! No prior knowledge needed but even if with a lot of background, there are some new aspects and ideas. The production and instructors are very professional, and the guest appearances add another level of believability.

By Jess N

Really good course for someone new to the virtual reality world.

I was able to learn a lot of things about VR.

It has also increased my interest in VR.

The lectures and videos are well made and all the instructors were really good at teaching the new concepts.

By Collins, J B

Apr 22, 2020

This was a fantastic course that really garnered in-depth analysis and understanding of the grounding concepts of VR, from its history to its technical aspects. An instrumental course to entering the field taught in a highly engaging, educational manner.

By Nick C

Jan 29, 2018

This course gives you the history behind Virtual Reality. After you watch this you will definitely sound like you know what you're talking about. Can't get this from just random youtube videos.

If you want to become an expert you must take these classes.

By Candra S D

Jul 29, 2020

This course is really interesting and helpful in order to understand the basic of VR. The examples used in this course really give a better understanding about what is VR, the component of VR and what kind of application that could be built using VR.

By James C

Oct 8, 2017

Excellent introductory course to virtual reality and various considerations of designing experiences within virtual reality. The teaching staff is very knowledgeable and bring their lessons, perspectives, and findings clearly and concisely.

By Bhavin S

Oct 28, 2020

A good introduction to the technology

As someone who just wanted to learn the programming side of VR, I was pleasantly surprised to detour into the basis of VR and learn about the psychological principles that make a good VR experience.

By Jagruti P

Sep 7, 2020

A very well structured course for someone wanting to know about virtual reality. I can assure by taking this course, you will surely want to take the other courses in this specialization, to have hands-on experience in this domain.

By Luis A A A

Aug 4, 2020

This course gave me the foundation to understand the main concepts used in articles about VR and a good historical perspective of the VR as a new media. To know what has been done is important to take good choices about what to do.

By Jennifer T

Apr 13, 2018

Wonderful (and very accessible) introduction to virtual reality. Really love the bite size videos, the quizzes planted throughout the videos and the exercises. The professors and lecturers are well spoken and engaging.

By SOUMAY G

Jul 6, 2020

This course brings a lot of information about what is VR, different types of VR Systems. The discussion and the peer-graded assignment will help us to gain more knowledge, how VR can be implemented in different domains.

By Aakash s

Oct 1, 2020

I have learned more then I expected. I thank you to tutors and experts behind this course, and I thank Coursera to let it reach in every corner of the world.

I would say this is the best course for VR introduction ever.

By Richard C L

Jan 24, 2021

This is a well prepared course for beginners who have limited knowledge of VR. It is also inspiring for the experienced, especially the 2nd week during which Mel shared deep insights using easy-to-understand language.

By H R

Mar 12, 2019

Really thorough and well explained. All the instructor's are assets to their institution. The course also has a quizzes nicely peppered into the different weeks so you can keep a track on your learning. Thanks again.

By Devbrat

Jul 30, 2020

Awesome Course and the Instructors were good and talented, they have good knowledge and Sylvia mam is awesome teacher she knows her course and all the guest lectures are excellent. I will recommend to go this course

By Andrew M

Apr 17, 2020

Really interesting and well presented; having already been quite aware of VR I was surprised by the amount I actually learnt on this "introduction" course. I'd recommend to anyone with any level of interest in VR.