Back to Introduction to Virtual Reality

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Virtual Reality by University of London

This course will introduce you to Virtual Reality (VR). The course will teach you everything from the basics of VR- the hardware and the history of VR- to different applications of VR, the psychology of Virtual Reality, and the challenges of the medium. The course is designed for people who are new to VR as a medium. You may have experienced some virtual reality before, and may have some hardware- but this course is suitable to individuals who have never experienced VR and those who do not have much hardware- we will explain Mobile VR as well as devices such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. Introduction to Virtual Reality is the first course in the Virtual Reality Specialisation. A learner with no previous experience in Virtual Reality and/or game programming will be able to evaluate existing VR applications, and design, test, and implement their own VR experiences/games using Unity by the end of the specialisation....

MA
May 13, 2020

The course is highly recommended by me. Learned so many things at once. All the lecturers are too good in illustrating a complex issues and now my basic ideas about virtual reality is clear and wider.

NC
Jan 28, 2018

Very good overview of theory of VR and a great start to deepen the knowledge. The course encourages you to seek out additional information and prompts you to think of applications of the technology.

51 - 75 of 406 Reviews for Introduction to Virtual Reality

By ALKESH

Oct 11, 2018

I love the course. The content is awesome. I want to give one message to coursera, that we are completing the course, so atleast give us one coursera T shirt. or the university t shirt from which we did the course

By Laura C

Nov 21, 2017

This was a really in-depth theory course that gave you loads of background and history. I feel more grounded in my knowledge of the history of VR and can use the research to help me design quality VR experiences.

By RAFAEL V F

May 5, 2020

Excelent course! Specially for the VR's History section!

GREAT GREAT WORK HERE!

This course provided inspiring learning! And it's only the begging! ^_^

As Buzz Lightyear would say: "for the Infinity and Beyond!"

By Jason R

May 23, 2018

What an amazing course. I learned a ton of material.

The course was very, very well taught and organized; a really seamless learning experience that has given me great confidence going forward.

Thanks so much!

By Nicole S C Y

Feb 4, 2021

Muy buena enseñanza por parte de todos los que conforman este curso, la verdad aprendí mas sobre lo que es la realidad virtual, felicitaciones, por saber incorporar conocimientos a nosotros los estudiantes.

By Lissa A

Feb 18, 2019

really fun learning about the history and interaction design principles for VR. Great time imagining and working out your own vr app; I look forward to completing this specialization and applying the skills

By Aesha A F

Aug 6, 2020

Great course. Got a deep understanding on Virtual Reality. Expressing sincere gratitude to all those who took big initiative to reach this course to many learners all over the world. THANK YOU once again.

By Orjuwan M A J A

Apr 23, 2020

Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience and inspiring people, very big thanks to Dr. Sylvia and Professor Mel and all who have been working in this course. stat save and best regards from Iraq

By Joshua S S

Aug 8, 2018

I have been able to learn quite a bit from this specialization and apply it to my startup, within the first course. Makes it very easy to understand how to use the tools effectively. Thank you Coursera!

By FRANKLIN P T

Sep 14, 2020

Realmente fue muy satisfactorio y confortador poder concluir este curso ya que pude aprender muchas cosas que no sabia sobre la Realidad Virtual que estoy seguro me servirán y los aplicare mas adelante

By Andrew W

Mar 24, 2019

This really is ally is one f the better VR courses to begin with. It doesn't just jump straight in to VR design but gives a valuable understanding of things to consider for a really good VR experience.

By Shariful A

May 14, 2020

By Ian C

Aug 28, 2020

Excellent introduction which provides great insights on the History of VR, what makes VR works, and how to describe VR systems. If you are interested in Virtual Reality, I can really recommend!

By Son Y

Aug 22, 2019

강의를 들으면서 가상현실 콘텐츠가 다른 콘텐츠와 어떻게 다르며 앞으로 어떻게 접근해야할 지 느낄 수 있었습니다. 감사합니다.

In the course, I learned how VR content is different from other content and how to approach it in the future. Thank you.

By Rodrigo M

Apr 17, 2019

It is a very good course to introduce yourself in the VR, to know its history, looks from different theories, future projection, current technology that supports it and current limitations.

By Abdul K P K

Jun 29, 2020

Excellent Course. This course will make you understand the Virtual Reality Concept and developments in the field so far. The use cases explained helped a lot to understand the concepts.

By Sanjana K

Aug 9, 2020

This course was well structured and helped me understand the basics and the theory part of virtual reality. I found this very interesting and it was definitely worth spending time.

By Carol S

Dec 17, 2017

This course was very informative. I also found it challenging, which is a good thing. I was introduced to aspects of VR that had not considered, such as the psychological aspects.

By Maitreyee M

May 4, 2021

According to me, it was a wonderful introduction to the medium of VR and the topics discussed surely help establish a strong base to ground my applications on, in the future.

By Jaya K

There could be more live things and more interaction with 3D interfaces.

Also if possible, Reading material should be converted to video lectures for better understanding.

By SECE E

Extraordinary Teaching by Dr Sylvia Xueni Pan ! Thank you Sylvia for your wonderful way of teaching.. I really impressed the way of your explanation... Thank you!

By Camilo H V G

May 22, 2020

Sylvia makes a very good effort to explain of all the basics of VR. I have now a lot of ideas and a good understanding of the impacts it might bring in the future.

By Kritika D

Aug 14, 2020

Experience was great and useful. Will forever cherish the knowledge I had from this course. Grateful to bith of the Universities. Thankyou for all your teachings

By Shirajul M

Jun 19, 2018

this course helps me to understand the basic concept of Virtual reality . i am glad that i finished this course with some cooperative classmates .thank you

By Chinonyerem C

Aug 22, 2020

This was a very nice course 🤗. I learnt a lot, and look forward to going deeper in my learning and understanding of Virtual Reality. Thank you so much.