Back to Introduction to Virtual Reality

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Virtual Reality by University of London

This course will introduce you to Virtual Reality (VR). The course will teach you everything from the basics of VR- the hardware and the history of VR- to different applications of VR, the psychology of Virtual Reality, and the challenges of the medium. The course is designed for people who are new to VR as a medium. You may have experienced some virtual reality before, and may have some hardware- but this course is suitable to individuals who have never experienced VR and those who do not have much hardware- we will explain Mobile VR as well as devices such as the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. Introduction to Virtual Reality is the first course in the Virtual Reality Specialisation. A learner with no previous experience in Virtual Reality and/or game programming will be able to evaluate existing VR applications, and design, test, and implement their own VR experiences/games using Unity by the end of the specialisation....

MA
May 13, 2020

The course is highly recommended by me. Learned so many things at once. All the lecturers are too good in illustrating a complex issues and now my basic ideas about virtual reality is clear and wider.

NC
Jan 28, 2018

Very good overview of theory of VR and a great start to deepen the knowledge. The course encourages you to seek out additional information and prompts you to think of applications of the technology.

376 - 400 of 408 Reviews for Introduction to Virtual Reality

By BHUVANESHWARAN R (

Dec 1, 2020

It was super and simple to understand

By Ankit K

Jun 25, 2020

It was very good experience for me.

By NISHANTH S

Jul 25, 2020

This course was much interesting.

By Nikhil Y

a basic course to understand VR.

By Michallis P

Jan 10, 2018

interesting introduction in VR

By Marco M

Apr 28, 2020

A introduction course to VR

By Shaimaa G

Jun 27, 2020

very good i love it more

By Himani S

May 8, 2020

lllll

By Nikhil P

Oct 22, 2020

Good

By Tejas s h

Jul 18, 2020

Best

By Rahul k

Jun 3, 2020

Best

By VALLAPU A

May 14, 2020

good

By Alex H

Oct 12, 2020

Material is painfully outdated, has some good concepts but really needs an update, for instance they recommend mobile VR which is now officially dead as gear vr is discontinued. The course was somewhat short as well. The main women giving the lectures did so in a professional somewhat stoic manner but VR should be fun and enjoyable she was very serious and sterile and showed a lack of passion or excitement. Honestly the only lectures that were fun was when I guest lecturer showed some interesting visual and mental tricks. I really didn't invest to much in the reading as they are several years old and little out of date.

This course probably works better as a part of the whole program certificate which I haven't finished yet but as an independent course I think it was just ok.

I finished this course (all 4 weeks) in pretty much a single day, turned on 2x video playback and powered through it.

By Jeremy L

Apr 16, 2019

The content and instructors are great and I've learned a lot already in this first course of the specialization. I personally would like the important issues re-visited and highlighted a bit more (bullet points, etc. at the end of each week). For the initial quizzes, the user is unable to see what incorrect answer they submitted which makes it hard to know which areas to revisit for review. However, this issue seems to have been corrected/improved with the later quizzes. In the bigger picture, I'm not entirely convinced on the balance of self-paced work and peer evaluation as I tend to find myself waiting for others to review my work so I can complete courses. Also, the discussion forums seem to need closer monitoring as important questions can go unanswered.

By Steve A

Jan 19, 2019

Probably OK as an introduction to VR for someone who has no knowledge of the subject at all. Otherwise the usefulness is greatly reduced. As this is part one of the specialization in is probably weighted correctly against the following courses (we shall see).

By Utkarsh N B

Jun 2, 2020

very disappointing because of the peer review system. it took 2 days for just reviewing my one assignment. if other students are not reviewing the assignment then coursera should make an auto grade system for those whose assignment are not been reviewed.

By ATCHAYA

Sep 2, 2020

I like the course it is very informative and useful but the only thing is i cannot receive my certificate because i cannot do my peer graded assignments as it is locked.....So please unlock my peer graded assignments to complete this certification....

By AAYUSH K

Apr 13, 2020

The course was very good and the things which were taught were taught in the most simplest manner with a number of example.

Just an opinion the course lack videos of using VR like they were described but visualizing is really good.

By Snehal M T

May 1, 2020

This course taught me basics about VR.I learnt about displays in VR n different experiences i have seen through that videos.