Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS

Sep 17, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

FR

I really enjoyed this course. The explanations are clear and, as suggested by the title, the lecturer uses intuition and daily-life examples rather than abstract and formal definitions and notations.

51 - 75 of 351 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Harish S V

May 03, 2020

Superb course!! I am not new to probability. However, while teaching Machine Learning, I realised that it would help if I have a deeper understanding of Probability. This course was a great help!! Thanks to Prof. Karl for giving me that intuitive understanding.

By Enrique

Apr 06, 2020

This is an excellent course. Professor Schmedders not only provides an good introduction to probability; he also explains how our most common intuitions are often based on probabilistic thinking. I would definitely take another course with Prof Schmedders.

By Dariusz J

Feb 04, 2020

The course introduces to probability in a very simple and friendly maner. Real life examples helps to understand better the topics.

For things to change, I would add more practical exercises for the audience, so we may try it more.

By Tarun

Feb 16, 2018

Excellent course with lucid explanations and illustrations, quite easy to understand for those with no background knowledge. Congratulations to Prof Karl and his team and coursera for this wonderful module. Expecting many such course series from Prof Karl!

By Praveen K

Aug 19, 2017

The way Karl taught the probability was more practical and intuitive rather than theoretical. I also liked the enthusiasm in teaching . As promised in the beginning of the course it was fun and i enjoyed a lot. Thanks once again for the cool stuff!!

By Amit m

Mar 11, 2018

Very good introductory course. Teacher was passionate and explained even the smallest of details, which some professors tend to gloss over. It was a little too easy for me, so I'm hoping to see some intermediate/advanced courses from the professor.

By SongNan

May 04, 2017

Very cool course let me dive into probability from very different traditional Math Formula perspective, and give me many chances as I can to apply what I learned into real application. I will definitely recommend this course to any other people.

By Kiryl A

Oct 16, 2019

That was one of the most awesome courses I've ever seen. Professor Karl explains extremely nice and now I think that probability is really fun! Thanks for all your efforts, Jose and Karl. I was really enjoying your lessons. Cheers from Belarus!

By Damian S

Jan 19, 2019

I have learned that "An Intuitive Introduction to Probability" explain basic concepts very clearly. I could learn basic concepts and did small application of theory. Very good for the people searching for an introduction to probability.

By vikram s r

Jun 14, 2020

This course is as it says i.e.very intuitive only due to the great efforts of Karl who makes it so easy for a novice and inspires confidence at each step. My hats off to a wonderful and intuitive teacher that he is! A rare breed indeed

By Ashish D S

Sep 24, 2017

I always struggled in solving probability related problems. This course has definitely helped me in understanding my misconceptions in this area. Thank you for good content and examples which made this course fun to learn.

Thank you.

By Ammarah F

Apr 10, 2018

this course is really helpful in building basics about probability. it explains with examples and also make us think about the wrong approaches we have been tricked by. in lecture quizzes are really nice aspect and keeps me engaged.

By Tomasz K

Feb 17, 2019

The course was great, thank you! The only thing I would change are the exercises, which required to repeat some values presented in the associated videos, somehow I did not find it exciting/teaching me anything... Still, thank you!

By Manideep L

Aug 25, 2017

This is a superbly crafted course, as it truly gives an intuitive introduction to probability. You'll get a sense of how important a role this intriguing subject plays in the real world thanks to the inclusion of its applications.

By Piyanka D

Apr 18, 2019

The teaching technique of Professor is awesome. Loved to continue this course for his extensive delivery of lectures with easy real life examples. Thank you Sir, love to take part other courses where you will teach in Coursera.

By Nguyen M

Sep 28, 2018

Thank you so much! All the explanation in the course were clear and intuitive! I have looked for explanation for probability and random variables in many places and still could not grasp the ideas. and Karl is the best teacher!

By Prashant C

Oct 05, 2019

Karl is exceptional. Love the way you teach, especially the real life examples and cases.

Thanks to Karl, I am no more scared with the word 'Probability'...!! Kudos to you..!!

Would love to attend more MOOCs conducted by Karl.

By Rahul S

Oct 26, 2019

This is a very good introductory course to the challenging topic called Probability. My approach is to start from this course and then take advanced courses on the topic in my journey to Data Science, and Machine Learning.

By christopher w

Feb 23, 2018

Excellent course, the instructors were engaging and succeeded in making the course fun. I learned a lot from this and it did not feel like work at all, rather it was a pleasure to participate. Very nicely done indeed!

By Ioana D

Feb 21, 2017

Very good introduction to probability, the concepts were really well explained, I wish there was a sequel to this course covering other subjects in statistics. I highly recommend this course for absolute beginners.

By Kelsey H

May 14, 2017

This is an excellent course! I highly recommend it to anyone struggling to make statistics and probability feel natural and intuitive, or to beginners in the subject. I hope this team makes some more courses soon!

By Lakshmi N N

Aug 09, 2017

Awesome course and learnt probability. More than the learning, the course kindled the interest to learn probability further. Thanks to Professor Karl and Jose. Looking forward for next course from you. Thank you.

By Mary F

Feb 26, 2020

Professor Karl Schmedders is an amazing instructor and made the course a pleasure by describing probability in away that is easily understood using practical examples. I wish he had other Coursera classes.

By Anantkumar B

Aug 12, 2019

Prof. Schmedders discusses concepts, demonstrates how to use functions in Excel and neatly ties them to real world scenarios. For all those intending to learn funadmentals of probability, look no further.

By Joseph L

Dec 30, 2017

This is an amazing course that Pr Karl's lively lecture make difficult and complicated concept simple and clear, not only easy to understand but also easy to apply. I do appreciate Pf. Karl and TA Jose.