Back to Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes by University of Michigan

This UX course provides an introduction to the fields of UX research and design. Learners will gain an understanding of what is involved in UX research, including conducting interviews, evaluating systems, and analyzing systems using principles of good design. Learners will also learn about the work involved in UX Design, including the generation of promising design solutions and the creation of prototypes at multiple levels of fidelity. By interleaving successive phases of UX Research and Design, learners will see how to learn from inevitable mistakes and improve towards a product with a great UX. What you'll learn: - The skills needed for UX research and design
 - How UX researchers discover and assess user needs and assess possible designs
 - How to conduct a micro-usability test
 - How UX designers use sketching and prototyping to develop design concepts - How to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process
 - Key features of human behavior and describe their impact on the design of interactive systems
 - Techniques for critiquing and designing interactive systems based on human capabilities and behavior
...

RK
Jul 25, 2020

I really liked completing this course. It has given me a push to start my own design journey. This is a very well planned syllabus and it is from my dream university made it even more special for me.

JG

Very well presented course. I took in alot of information. A little more guidance would have been helpful when completing the projects, but overall I am very pleased with this course and instructor.

76 - 100 of 251 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes

By sylvia

Jan 21, 2019

The lecture is helpful and clear, and I have learnt a lot knowledge of User Experience as well as some great practical tips.

By Hanyu F

Apr 25, 2020

Really like the way the lecturer taught us, very clear and accurate. And I also enjoyed the assignments, very challenging!

By Owen W

Oct 23, 2019

I would recommend this course to anyone interested in getting into UX design. I learned so much more than I was expecting.

By Usha M K

Apr 5, 2020

Very lucid explanations, appropriate examples, and the perfect mentor makes this course stand out. I highly recommend it.

By Joaco O

May 13, 2019

Great course overall. Very clear and easy to understand lectures, with challenging but exiting exercises. Will recommend.

By Lizhen Z

Mar 26, 2019

Great course! Learned a lot regarding UX research and design. Would recommend to anyone who's looking for a way to start.

By Lynn I

Aug 17, 2020

Great course, very comprehensive for an intro level course, with challenging but fair exercises and project submissions.

By Mark B

Very sound introduction, covering all the basics. The instructor and his presentation is professional, easy to follow.

By Lara M B S

Mar 11, 2020

Great course. Instructor is very objective, points are well illustrated, assignments are interesting. Really worth it.

By Amber W

Feb 8, 2019

Very informative and thorough. I finished the course ready to learn more. One of the better online courses I've taken.

By ONG W M

Feb 4, 2021

Content is presented in an easy to understanding way. The assignment is a little bit more challenging than I thought.

By Anastasia S

Aug 4, 2020

Amazing teacher! Recommend this course for everyone who wants to refresh knowledge in UX or build strong base skills!

By Ankur K

Jun 10, 2020

Great course! Lectures are short yet effective. Most of the time you're actually putting your learning into practice!

By Carla F A M

Apr 23, 2020

I liked the course and the practical examples, but I miss evaluation from professionals too, and not only students.

By Stephanie d R

Aug 22, 2019

Loved how practical and hands-on this course was - you really get the opportunity to apply what you're learning.

By de b

Jan 19, 2020

Lot of practical things to use in my everyday life at work :)

very interesting and straight to the point class!

By Vladislav M

Mar 23, 2020

It's a great course with really enjoyable and useful materials. Maybe some of them should be a bit renewed.

By Sze N P

Dec 29, 2020

I really enjoyed the activities and the type of learning you are presented with - really makes you think!

By vesvis

Jan 26, 2019

This is a great course that gives basic understanding of what is user experience. I would recommended it.

By Xing L

Sep 13, 2020

excellent course! this professor teaches everything in detail with examples and every point makes sense!

By Guadalupe A S

Jun 3, 2020

This a great introductory course! Goes through all the basis for someone with no experience in the area.

By Juangui J

Dec 12, 2018

Very hands on course where I learned the basic principles of UX and how to perform heuristic assessment.

By Lisa L

Jan 26, 2020

The structure of the course was just in-depth enough to be incredibly useful without being overwhelming

By Ili S

Apr 5, 2020

Absolutely valuable course, well conducted and with lots of precious information. Highly recommended !

By Tomas J

Jun 11, 2020

Muy buena intro al mundo del UX. Sumamente claro y se entiende si sabes un poco de ingles. Es simple!