Back to Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems by University of California, Irvine

The explosive growth of the “Internet of Things” is changing our world and the rapid drop in price for typical IoT components is allowing people to innovate new designs and products at home. In this first class in the specialization you will learn the importance of IoT in society, the current components of typical IoT devices and trends for the future. IoT design considerations, constraints and interfacing between the physical world and your device will also be covered. You will also learn how to make design trade-offs between hardware and software. We'll also cover key components of networking to ensure that students understand how to connect their device to the Internet. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Define the term “Internet of Things” 2. State the technological trends which have led to IoT 3. Describe the impact of IoT on society 4. Define what an embedded system is in terms of its interface 5. Enumerate and describe the components of an embedded system 6. Describe the interactions of embedded systems with the physical world 7. Name the core hardware components most commonly used in IoT devices 8. Describe the interaction between software and hardware in an IoT device 9. Describe the role of an operating system to support software in an IoT device 10. Explain the use of networking and basic networking hardware 11. Describe the structure of the Internet 12. Describe the meaning of a “network protocol” 13. Explain MANETs and their relation to IoT...

ME
Sep 17, 2017

good course :)\n\nplease review my assignment to complete my course :(\n\nhttps://www.coursera.org/learn/iot/peer/qYW91/module-1-peer-review-identify-and-analyze-a-device/review/VBUuMpl_EeeuPhL2ByDlUA

PK
Oct 26, 2020

This course is full of benefit. Content of the course is very accurate. Teacher who was teaching was also good. I would suggest to all the beginner to learn this topic who are interested in IoT field.

251 - 275 of 2,657 Reviews for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

By Cynthia M

Nov 19, 2020

A good course that gives an overview of IoT. I learned what I wanted to learn and am now going to take more advanced courses.

By Jeevithesh J D

Jul 21, 2020

I completely enjoyed this course and learnt the basics of Internet of things , happy and eager to complete the specialization.

By Sheetal P

Nov 10, 2020

Really Interesting. The Course is designed in a very interesting way, pushes you to research more and study about this field.

By Aditya M

Jan 29, 2017

This course deals with the basics, and can be taken up by someone having very less or even no prior knowledge on the subject.

By L. S R

Aug 18, 2020

one of the best courses ever, the professor doesn't make our learning boring. Puts life into his explanation. amazing course

By Ashutosh S

This was very good course for stepping in into IoT. I would like to thank Prof. Ian Harris, for providing such good content.

By VISHAL J

Jun 19, 2019

nice coverage of the course. Some topics may be difficult to understand to some students but the way of teaching is awesome.

By TANMAY K

Nov 17, 2018

Excellent course,I am from mechanical engineering but still it taught me how this course is useful and why should we use IOT

By marco l

Aug 4, 2016

The basics very well explained.

I got every notion and learned also something completely new (MANET networks). Thanks a lot!

By Dr. F R M

Jun 30, 2020

Simple and easy lectures kept attention intact. And the assignments made me look beyond classroom teaching. Thank you Prof.

By Vatsal S

May 1, 2017

The professor teaches very well. I like the way by which he starts from and basics and use real life examples. Thank you :)

By Jelena J

Nov 10, 2015

Great beginners course, well balanced level of technical details with respect to fact that no previous knowledge is needed.

By Pavithra

Jun 19, 2020

Had the great experience in learning it.Excellently Made with germ .Really had joy while learning my most favorite topic .

By Gyana R B

Jun 11, 2020

Very well designed course for the beginners. Very good explanation by the professor, mostly with a lot of examples. Thanks

By Vijay B

Mar 27, 2020

It was very good experience to learn from coursera. I love the way of teaching of sir. He has explained everything nicely.

By EHAB-UR-RAHMAN

Nov 20, 2017

a very good intro for the beginners to the world of IoT and Embedded system . The instructor teaching style is marvellous

By Brad T

Nov 20, 2017

Fun and educational. Has professional benefits and also has great potential for future student projects with my daughter.

By Savion R

Jan 22, 2016

I am in week 2 of 4 of this class thus far and have enjoyed every moment of it thoroughly; its exactly what I anticipated.

By PIYUSH K

Sep 25, 2020

I learned about IOt devices and embedded systems.it improved my knowledge about network protocols and how internet works.

By Don R

Mar 21, 2018

Solid introduction to the IOT world. Professor really knows the subject, and has a great style and good information flow.

By BOPPE B V S V K

Jul 1, 2020

Good with neat explanation. But if there are more video explanation than Power point explanation then it could be better

By Md I M

Jun 1, 2020

This course is well organized and great to learn about IoT. Good content and assignments make this course up to the mark

By Mazin A

Apr 12, 2017

good course. it would be even better if you can provide a printable materials of the course. like the power point slides

By BIDHAN D

Aug 4, 2020

Learned a lot things about IoT and Embedded Systems. This is the best online course which I have done . Thank You !!!!!

By MAUSAM M

Jun 11, 2020

Faculty was extremely good and the way of explanation was also amazing.

I got lots of knowledge with clear understanding