Back to Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems by University of California, Irvine

The explosive growth of the “Internet of Things” is changing our world and the rapid drop in price for typical IoT components is allowing people to innovate new designs and products at home. In this first class in the specialization you will learn the importance of IoT in society, the current components of typical IoT devices and trends for the future. IoT design considerations, constraints and interfacing between the physical world and your device will also be covered. You will also learn how to make design trade-offs between hardware and software. We'll also cover key components of networking to ensure that students understand how to connect their device to the Internet. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Define the term “Internet of Things” 2. State the technological trends which have led to IoT 3. Describe the impact of IoT on society 4. Define what an embedded system is in terms of its interface 5. Enumerate and describe the components of an embedded system 6. Describe the interactions of embedded systems with the physical world 7. Name the core hardware components most commonly used in IoT devices 8. Describe the interaction between software and hardware in an IoT device 9. Describe the role of an operating system to support software in an IoT device 10. Explain the use of networking and basic networking hardware 11. Describe the structure of the Internet 12. Describe the meaning of a “network protocol” 13. Explain MANETs and their relation to IoT...

PK
Oct 26, 2020

This course is full of benefit. Content of the course is very accurate. Teacher who was teaching was also good. I would suggest to all the beginner to learn this topic who are interested in IoT field.

ME
Sep 17, 2017

good course :)\n\nplease review my assignment to complete my course :(\n\nhttps://www.coursera.org/learn/iot/peer/qYW91/module-1-peer-review-identify-and-analyze-a-device/review/VBUuMpl_EeeuPhL2ByDlUA

2851 - 2875 of 2,877 Reviews for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

By Amit k

May 7, 2020

Nice

By su r

Feb 20, 2017

I was so excited for this course, but IT failed miserably. I am a complete newbie, I didn't know one thing about IoT before engaging in this course. I gave it one star due to actually learning a small something IN SPITE of the fact the prof is extremely inarticulate. The course is extremely short and vague. There was no care in detail or discussion or presentation. There's no forum to ask questions or to even start or engage in a discussion.

By Athindra B

Jun 14, 2017

A wonderful course, but the quizzes aren't unlocked until we pay up. Some of us cannot afford it and we do it only for the sake of knowledge. The verified certificate means nothing to us. You need to cater for people like us and unlock quizzes for those who are auditing the course.

By Gershon P

Dec 13, 2015

Won't teach anything to anyone with the most basic computer science background and knowledge.

The most useless assignments in any Coursera course I've ever seen, that require no useful (or any) knowledge to complete.

By adham m o m

Aug 7, 2017

very little load with very little information. generally, I have not learned much. I think getting deeper might be useful for the first three courses of the specialization ( I watched three of them)

By Kristoffer H

Oct 2, 2015

The peer reviewed assignments in this course are discriminatory towards people with learning disabilities. Coursera is unwilling to provide any accommodation to relieve this discrimination.

By Michael J H

Mar 7, 2016

Would not let me leave course after signing up. Due to family issues, I could not continue, but due to some weird policy, after purchasing this class, I could not drop. (Still can't)

By VIJAY V A

Apr 20, 2020

Representing more formalities and hurdles in finishing this course..No more extension to this course..Thanx a lot

By Harsh A

May 14, 2020

nothing useful other. 1st 3 weeks could be summed up in an hour video. 4rth week is quite better(comparatively).

By nicholas m

May 6, 2016

got to pay, but besides that it's more about him talking less learning about anything

By Alexander L

Mar 19, 2017

Way to basics, just to much explication but nothing actually to implement or to do.

By Aakanksha S

Sep 24, 2020

You guys have kept me waiting for my certificate for a very long time

By Aharon N

Sep 7, 2016

Not good- weak lecturer- repeats himself endlessly- waste of time

By M. A K

Jun 24, 2020

Bad course with no discussion box. Really upset with this one.

By Mohamed Z

Oct 18, 2015

till week 2 i think there is no useful information till now

By Raymond C

Aug 4, 2016

Stunning waste of time. There is nothing of substance.

By Priyansh S

Sep 14, 2019

this introductory course is very very basic

By Rajat J

May 1, 2020

Very disappointed with the course service.

By Gerry F

Nov 25, 2015

No forum, what are you thinking!

By Bernie V

Jul 11, 2020

I want to refund my payment.

By Amr E