Back to Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems by University of California, Irvine

The explosive growth of the “Internet of Things” is changing our world and the rapid drop in price for typical IoT components is allowing people to innovate new designs and products at home. In this first class in the specialization you will learn the importance of IoT in society, the current components of typical IoT devices and trends for the future. IoT design considerations, constraints and interfacing between the physical world and your device will also be covered. You will also learn how to make design trade-offs between hardware and software. We'll also cover key components of networking to ensure that students understand how to connect their device to the Internet. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Define the term “Internet of Things” 2. State the technological trends which have led to IoT 3. Describe the impact of IoT on society 4. Define what an embedded system is in terms of its interface 5. Enumerate and describe the components of an embedded system 6. Describe the interactions of embedded systems with the physical world 7. Name the core hardware components most commonly used in IoT devices 8. Describe the interaction between software and hardware in an IoT device 9. Describe the role of an operating system to support software in an IoT device 10. Explain the use of networking and basic networking hardware 11. Describe the structure of the Internet 12. Describe the meaning of a “network protocol” 13. Explain MANETs and their relation to IoT...

PK
Oct 26, 2020

This course is full of benefit. Content of the course is very accurate. Teacher who was teaching was also good. I would suggest to all the beginner to learn this topic who are interested in IoT field.

ME
Sep 17, 2017

good course :)\n\nplease review my assignment to complete my course :(\n\nhttps://www.coursera.org/learn/iot/peer/qYW91/module-1-peer-review-identify-and-analyze-a-device/review/VBUuMpl_EeeuPhL2ByDlUA

76 - 100 of 2,760 Reviews for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

By smiti p

Oct 20, 2020

The course was splendid, I was very happy to learn the concepts with applications and hardware. The concepts were explained in a very nice manner. The last assignment was very different and I developed interests in other domains like networking as well.

By Aarya P

Really Helpful in understanding the very basic of IoT. Don't just expect to jump straight to the coding and all. A very basic is first explained and different aspects about Iot devices are discussed. Nicely explained videos and then proper assingments.

By zerayines l

Aug 4, 2020

this course is much interesting than what i have expected before. so i want to say thanks to those who guide and teach me in this organization cuorera. thanks for all my instructores while doing in this course.interesting course with best explanation.

By Grant P

Mar 13, 2017

This course was a good introduction for me, a non-engineer. There was enough new material to make it worthwhile but not so much as to overwhelm me. The instructor explained concepts in an accessible way, using good examples drawn from daily life.

By A V

Jul 10, 2020

A great and intuitive startup for the persons and students who want to learn embedded systems and internet connectivity go hand in hand and learn many of the applications through practical reading rather than textual reading and quite interesting.

By K,Viswa S

Jun 17, 2020

It is a very good course for beginners to start from zero level.The professors explained everything in a very simple way so that all the users could understand everything easily.So overall it is a very good course to have a basic knowledge on IOT.

By Krunal M K 1

Jul 9, 2020

Prof. Ian Harris is very good at describing topics. He describes even the tougher topics very easily and it will surely get registered in your mind forever. The course has very good content. The best introduction to IoT and Embedded Systems.

By Randy C K

Feb 29, 2016

This is a very basic introduction to IoT. I found the course to well designed for an easily understanding, even for people with no background knowledge of computer science. It is an added advantage if you know a bit of computer basics though

By Abhishek R

Oct 30, 2020

Absolute gem!

Lecturer is very good and I really enjoyed learning.

If I knew few things, watching these lectures added cherry to the ice-cream.

Some of them were not even there in my knowledge basket and I just put few into my knowledge basket

By SOUVIK S

Oct 27, 2020

I thank Coursera Team and Introduction To Internet Of Things and Embedded Systems team for simplifying this course to make it understandable for everyone and also making it interactive with quizzes and peer to peer assignment. Thank you.

By Dr. B S P

Prof. Ian Harris is one among the best of the best. I am sincerely saying that, Prof Harris inspired me in improving my way of teaching learning methodology. Thank you GITAM and Coursera for giving this opportunity to learn this course.

By Vivek A

Nov 3, 2017

Excellent course , You learn IOT from scratch . Prof Harris is excellent , he has designed the course masses , he has understanding of issue/concept which might bother student and accordingly has taken of that . Recommend course to all

By Dominik M

Feb 2, 2021

You get exactly what is promised. An indroduction to the IoT. Surely there is a lot more to it, but you get a good overview and know what to search for if you want to learn more about it.

The professor has a very good way of presenting.

By Mahmoud A

Jan 2, 2021

Very good introduction to the IoT field with most comprehensive terms and concepts used are well explained. The networking part was very summarized and can still have more room for extra details but overall its a well prepared course.

By Krishna P P

Well, initially I had the faintest idea about IoT and Embedded system, but though they are basics such neatly and precisely explained by Ian Harris, and I've thoroughly enjoyed learning this course. Looking forward to the next course

By Dmytro M

Apr 21, 2020

The pronunciation of the lecturer is understandable for non-native English speakers. Good for beginners, but simple (maybe too simple) for those who have minimal experience with embedded systems. Also the course needs some updating.

By Dipanshu K

I have completed my Course of internet of things and embedded systems.I have learned about iot.this course is good for learning about IOT and embedded systems. I have enjoy during the course. And this course more helpful for me.

By Darwin G P c

Oct 26, 2018

Es muy bueno la verdad es que han diseñado una forma muy interactiva para mejorar el aprendisaje, ademas te brindan las herramientas necesarias para que te puedas especializar en el tema o curso que esteés o que estarás tomando.

By Nihad H

Aug 24, 2020

If you don't have any information about what the Internet of Things is, this course is for you. You can acquire basic knowledge thanks to this course, which may let you understand principles of electronic devices at your home.

By Nidamarty S A

Jun 4, 2020

It was just as smooth as you can imagine.

Ofcourse it was fantastic

Sir Harris has really drawn my attention, it was the best online thing I have experienced.

Thank you sir, for everything especially the interest you have created

By Himanshu S

Jun 16, 2019

This course helped me understand about the IoT and embedded systems. This will help me shape my career and advance more in this field. I'm thankful to the prof Ian Harris and I am looking forward to specialize in this course.

By Binod

Aug 30, 2017

Very nice and well covered all required topic to start learning on microcontroller. Learnt many new fundamental concept and want to recommend this course to all who want to learn something in in IOT. Thanks to Mr. Ian Haris.

By Rahul R

Apr 12, 2016

Course is very well structured and content is really easy to digest! Really liked the short video where actual components were shown in the instructor's lab. Made it easy to connect theoretical concepts with real-life stuff.

By Üsame S

Jul 18, 2016

Ian Harris, the lecturer, is a very cool guy. I really enjoyed learning about various concepts through his way of teaching. This course provided me with a solid understanding of IoT in general. Recommended for all. Regards.

By Katiuska M S

Oct 27, 2020

It is a fantastic course to understand what the internet of things is about, if you already have knowledge in networks or language at a low level, this course is very good to compact knowledge and gather topics of interest