Back to Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems by University of California, Irvine

The explosive growth of the “Internet of Things” is changing our world and the rapid drop in price for typical IoT components is allowing people to innovate new designs and products at home. In this first class in the specialization you will learn the importance of IoT in society, the current components of typical IoT devices and trends for the future. IoT design considerations, constraints and interfacing between the physical world and your device will also be covered. You will also learn how to make design trade-offs between hardware and software. We'll also cover key components of networking to ensure that students understand how to connect their device to the Internet. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Define the term “Internet of Things” 2. State the technological trends which have led to IoT 3. Describe the impact of IoT on society 4. Define what an embedded system is in terms of its interface 5. Enumerate and describe the components of an embedded system 6. Describe the interactions of embedded systems with the physical world 7. Name the core hardware components most commonly used in IoT devices 8. Describe the interaction between software and hardware in an IoT device 9. Describe the role of an operating system to support software in an IoT device 10. Explain the use of networking and basic networking hardware 11. Describe the structure of the Internet 12. Describe the meaning of a “network protocol” 13. Explain MANETs and their relation to IoT...

ME
Sep 17, 2017

good course :)\n\nplease review my assignment to complete my course :(\n\nhttps://www.coursera.org/learn/iot/peer/qYW91/module-1-peer-review-identify-and-analyze-a-device/review/VBUuMpl_EeeuPhL2ByDlUA

PK
Oct 26, 2020

This course is full of benefit. Content of the course is very accurate. Teacher who was teaching was also good. I would suggest to all the beginner to learn this topic who are interested in IoT field.

101 - 125 of 2,706 Reviews for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

By Jose L R H

Oct 11, 2017

This class is fundamental to understand the core of this new technologies. It goes straight to the point, the assignments are engaging. It motivates to do your own research and it is reasonable paced. I recommend it.

By sai d s d

Jun 23, 2020

This course is very useful and easy to understand.

I really liked this course and I will do more courses in Coursera.

I don't have any complaints, video lectures ,quiz, assignments everything made my concepts clear.

By Almas A A

Nov 7, 2018

I loved and enjoyed this course..

thanks from the core of my heart.

thanks to you sir, for proving this course for free. thank you so much.

May Almighty Bless you all honorable lectures a good health n peaceful life.

By Jamal S

Jan 22, 2017

A brilliant course conducted by the down-to-Earth professor Ian Harris. Really enjoyable, presenting real-life common-to-all terms and application!

I can't wait to complete the Specialization after such a fun course!

By Deepesh P G

Jan 6, 2017

Being from Nepal its really hard to get such course. I really enjoyed this course till now. The best part of this course is cheap hardware almost available everywhere........even in so called third world countries,

By Sadat H

Jun 26, 2020

The course was informative! It gives a basic understanding of IoT, Embedded systems, and Networking. Good for beginners to start with this course, I highly recommend it. The professor is well versed in the topics.

By Shubham Y

May 6, 2020

Course was great and interesting to learn. Explanation of concepts was nice and easy to grasp. Good building block for beginners and students looking forward to enroll in next course in series of specialization.

By Alejandro E

Jan 17, 2017

Great introductory course for beginners, the simple teaching and instructions allowed me to understand the information while the intuitive module assignments helped me figure out topics i didnt fully understand.

By Mayur P B

Nov 2, 2015

So far I've been reading and watching course material pretty much seriously. And I can tell from my experience that I've liked this course so much that I will give try to another courses down the stream.

Mayur B

By Venkatram B

Jan 4, 2021

Prof. Ian Harris makes it a pleasurable learning breaking it down into as many simple terms as possible, making it comprehensible for a wide range of participants with diverse background. Thank you Prof. Harris

By Alberto S G

Oct 25, 2016

It was a very well presented description of what IoT is and specifics.

It does not go into details that need special knowledge but it is also not boring for someone that comes from electrical - electronics field

By SAAKETH M

This course is perfect for beginners who would like to learn about IoT and Embedded Systems . The content provided is very good. Assignments provided enables us to learn on our own and quizzes are also good .

By Corey W

Nov 7, 2016

I loved it. I learned about something that was completely unfamiliar to me(computer programming) prior to starting, and I have now continued to learn it because of this course. Professor Harris is the man.

By DIANA J J

Jun 27, 2020

The Instructor covered the basics of IoT and Embedded Systems in a very good manner. The assignment part was very nicely framed.

Need more hands - on session on installation and working of embedded systems

By Mattapalli V S K

A very valuable course for students who are in search of knowledge. I really appreciate the hard work done by the team to bring up this course and I thank everyone for providing such valuable information.

By ABESHEK B B

Apr 20, 2020

I had a good experience with the iot and embedded systems.

The explanation by the professor was really understandble and knowledgeable. This course helped me out to understand these concepts and chapters.

By M R

Oct 23, 2015

I like this course Introduction to the internet of things and embedded systems conducted by university of California,Irvine,it gives clear picture of what is internet of things,it is really good course.

By Pankaj K

Oct 27, 2020

By Dinoj S

Jan 11, 2021

Good course series if you are new to IOT and embedded systems. The instructor gives weekly assignments and it is easy to understand. Highly recommend to people who is new to IOT and Embedded systems.

By Tejaswini P

good and not only learning of course here, am glade to hear your rapid english ......i am feeling happy to do course in this coursera.....well feeling happy for completion of this course.Bye Bye....

By Utkarsh S

May 23, 2020

Thanks Ian Sir for introducing in such a great way about the IoT devices and Embedded systems, about Networking and its various related terms like router,server,switch etc.

I really enjoyed learning.

By Islam B

Jul 17, 2020

Very Great Professor and University. I really enjoyed this course, Of course this Course was not so sophisticated but I highly recommend this course to who ever is interested in Embedded Systems.

By Christian C

Jul 15, 2020

Please Review my Assignment!! I don't want my subscription to end!

By Harikrishnan S

Jul 3, 2020

A great course to learn as a beginner, gave intense knowledge about the basics of Embedded systems and their applications in Internet of Things. Thanks for this great experience and learnings.

By Sarvesh J

Apr 30, 2020

Very Helpful to get started with IoT and Embedded System. The Instructor is very skilled and presented the course very neatly. Good Job! I would surely Recommend this course to my classmates.