Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

DS
Apr 25, 2018

DG
Dec 4, 2020

An absolutely engaging and challenging feat that I am so proud to have completed. I hope this opens new door and better job opportunities so that I can better enhance my future. Thank you Google :)

101 - 125 of 2,346 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By Siddhant K

Sep 12, 2020

A Very Important Aspect of IT which is Security and defense is covered brilliantly by google and it's instructor. Got to many things, adding to my knowledge. This Course Completes the Google IT Support Professional Certificate Program which was a very knowledgeable and helpful course to enroll too. Thank you google.Thank you all the Instructor's

By Paul W

Aug 12, 2020

I greatly enjoyed this course. I was a great intro in to the Security sector of IT and gave me a great foundation to move into my new career. The pacing and the information and well as the presenter were all fantastic. I especially enjoy the hands on labs, which gave me some much needed experience with the command line command use.

By Cecil K

Jan 4, 2021

The course is very good at giving a good summary of the security roles a System Admin may encounter. It helps to point the student in the right direction for more detailed instructions in each area. I enjoyed the course. It contained the correct amount of material. I am confident in continue my search on how to secure networks.

By Adegoke M O

Nov 3, 2020

I've never completed a course like this before (remote instruction) and I cannot express how great the instructor was and the overall content of the material. I would definitely recommend this to my co-workers as well as friends. I will be looking into taking more of these classes through COURSERA in the near future.

Thank you!"

By Harald M

Apr 12, 2021

I knew IT security is a complex matter. Nevertheless, it came as a surprise to me how comprehensive this course was. Malware, Cryptography, Firewalls, Policies etc. I would like to thank our instructor for his well-taught course. I have learned a lot. I am afraid, however, I can't keep all details in my long-term-memory.

By Susan O

Sep 24, 2020

This was an informative, interesting, and one of the more important modules. Some of the videos had a lot of details which could potentially lose the attention of the viewer, but Gian led us through it in a clear and concise manner. When he would interject his humor, it came across as natural and genuine, and not forced.

By Mauricio R R

Jan 14, 2020

It is vital to know how to protect our IT infrastructures from the digital dark arts. This course gives a valuable and overall introduction to preparing us to understand the many ways our systems and networks are exposed and how we can mitigate and prevent those risks using sound protocols, technologies, and behaviors.

By Outa J

Mar 15, 2021

IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts is a very good course since it equips one with the practical challenges that one may encounter in their IT support specialist role. I particularly have gained a lot from this course. I am very grateful to Google in conjunction with Coursera for offering this course.

By Dionmy A C D

Apr 14, 2019

Gracias a este curso, he conseguido nuevas herramientas y abilidades que antes no tenía y he afianzado las que ya tenia. Me ha hecho más conciente sobre la prevención en Internet, pero, a la vez, muy desconfiada, especialmente sobre descargar apps de otra organización. (Sólo descargo apps que pertenezcan a Google).

By Constantine K

Aug 3, 2018

A Big thanks to all instructors for what I've learned all those months and will continue this learning journey, because that is what makes successful as a whole. As the Greek philosopher Solon said: "Γηράσκω δ' αεί πολλά διδασκόμενος", which in a way means, even though I'm getting older, I am always learning a lot

By Nishant K G

May 7, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about Computers, but after completing this course I feel like I know about IT Security now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about Computers, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on IT Security.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Noel W J

Dec 14, 2019

The course has given me an in-site on how to understand security threats, Cryptology, AAA Security, Securing your Network, Defense in Depth, and Creating a company culture for your company. The information is just simply invaluable and i will use this to advance my career in the IT Professional world. Thank you.

By Cecelia R M

Jun 28, 2019

It was an excellent course! I definitely learned a lot from it. My perspective regarding security has changed a great deal from it. Even if you don't take this course for the certification, I would definitely recommend it for learning how to protect yourself and your devices on the internet and from attackers.

By Alejandro M

Jan 4, 2021

Everything has been interesting, what I have struggled with the most has been with the translations and the amount of acronyms, my next steps are to expose it to my employment counselor and together plan my spasos to follow, I think it will be to continue training, I would like to learn the Web development

By Parsuram P

Oct 24, 2020

It was totally worth it! I am happy and satisfied with the outcome. this course has been a difficulty journey but it was amazing for me. I learned a lot and this has given me confidence in my skill set and ability. I recommend this course to anyone looking the take that next step in Information Technology.

By Vineet J

Jul 25, 2020

THanks you for all your guidance and sharing the indepth knowledge which can be fruitful for me or for anyone who is willing to spend some time and learn about the IT secuirty . I would definetely do a refresher as to make to keep myself upgraded and share my knowledge and skill with my friends and family

By Marius K

Jun 26, 2018

This course is a very good one. My only concern is that it is less practical. We need some practical experience. If you cna include at least one software to exercise this new tool, it will be great. Too many new terms are digested here without any practical take away. Please take in consideration this.

By Kaniesha W

Aug 28, 2020

Of all of the five courses in the IT Support Specialist specialization, I found this one to be the easiest to grasp. That might be because by now we've learned a lot of different information in the first four courses. I definitely just had an easier time grasping new information in this course.

By Jonathan T

Dec 2, 2019

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AS FAR AS A DIVING IN COURSE FOR NEWTWORK SECURITY. I USED TO THINK I HAD SOME SOFT OF IDEA BEHIND WHAT IT TAKES TO SECURE A SYSTEM, OH MY GOD I WAS SO WRONG THERES SO MUCH GOING ON OUT THERE AND YOU GUYS SEEM TO COVER ALOT OF IT IN THE COURSE SO. IM HERE

By mengyi

Jan 23, 2021

It is absolutely amazing learning experience. I highly recommend it for new entrant to have an overview understanding of IT and master the skills to handle common IT problem. The explanation were detailed and right on the point. Highlighted concept is my favourite part. I am glad I made it!

By Ian S

Aug 6, 2018

My favorite course in the series. The other day, I was made aware of a major security breach in a top 10 social media news source. I UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING IN THEIR POST-MORTEM! In my opinion, this was the course that really pushed me for the first time in the series. Give me more Google!

By Akash S

May 22, 2021

This course provides some serious and technical insights on IT security. With good number of assignments and quizzes, you will be able to relate security practices that are being used in your current firm as well as use them when you get a chance to become sysadmin for an organization.

By Hawra F A

Sep 16, 2020

Wow was this comprehensive! Just basic information of course, but so many things! Recommend for people who want a basic overview of how IT security works. Managers and non-tech people will benefit by learning where their organization is lacking in security and how it can be improved :)

By Brandon M

Dec 30, 2020

Course 5 was very informative and gave me a new perspective on computer, networking, and online security. Nothing is 100% secure. But with the right methods and backups in place, you can minimize the impact of an attack and increase your security with a defense-in-depth mentality.

By OMKAR D

Nov 1, 2020

Please, complete the course fully. Because, at the last they giving to you an amazing 'Big Interview' Opportunity sponsored by GOOGLE where you can improve your Interview Skills for your Professional Career. and Finally, an Awesome Course which I've been looking so far... Thank you.