Back to IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

DS
Apr 25, 2018

DG
Dec 4, 2020

An absolutely engaging and challenging feat that I am so proud to have completed. I hope this opens new door and better job opportunities so that I can better enhance my future. Thank you Google :)

1901 - 1925 of 2,220 Reviews for IT Security: Defense against the digital dark arts

By Nsengiyaremye T

Jul 3, 2018

G

By M. D

Jun 28, 2020

Some of the questions were not as well written as they could have been. The criteria I use in this is the following: If I get a question wrong, am I able to learn something from the feedback? That is, as a student that has actually watched all the videos and reviewed all the written material, does any mistake that I make and the feedback provided help me clarify my understanding of the material? In some cases, it was just a matter of learning "the test believes the answer is A and C". It is completely fair to ask me to go back to this or that video or section, but in the cases where I did so, the questions often were not any clearer. Many of the questions were excellent, but I hope that there is analysis of the questions that students miss that is analyzed in terms of final score to better identify which questions created a struggle. In some cases, they are well worded and the struggle is the concepts or breadth of material, in some, a later reading might make it obvious that the question is poorly phrased. This will be even more pronounced in terms of impact for translated questions or second language learners.

By Tony L

Jul 2, 2019

Great for beginners. This course will help you start learning new things. Remember that are so many things the program can teach you. This helped me a crash start and this motivated me to learn more things outside this course. It can be overwhelming sometimes. I didn't give this a 5 star because there are some assignments that aren't helpful because there are so much that the program can teach you that it's rushed or not explained very well when you start doing assignments.

The nicest thing about this program is that you can start and finish it whenever it's convenient. There are deadlines but you can reset them. Although it's great that you can reset deadlines, you can get lazy and put it off. Believe me, it's hard. It has happened to me. The community and administrators in the forums are also helpful if you have problems or need help.

Hopefully, this certificate helps me land a job and every that finish this course.

By Sterling H

Aug 1, 2019

Pros: There is a lot of helpful information about security practices, malware, authentication and various security concepts. I learned about the types of tasks IT security professionals accomplish and some challenges they face with technology. The discussion prompts are fun and watching the career tip videos are helpful.

Cons: Many of the supplemental readings are links to complex and often confusing Wikipedia articles. I would prefer if google wrote their own content for the supplemental readings. Focusing more about troubleshooting IT security. The instructor wore a T shirt instead of professional clothing. Wearing a T shirt to teach a course reminds me of the unprofessional toxic bro culture that the tech industry is struggling with. Also I'm not fan of the peer graded assignments.

Overall: I recommend the course because one will gain exposure to the world IT security.