Back to Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software by Duke University

Learn to code in Java and improve your programming and problem-solving skills. You will learn to design algorithms as well as develop and debug programs. Using custom open-source classes, you will write programs that access and transform images, websites, and other types of data. At the end of the course you will build a program that determines the popularity of different baby names in the US over time by analyzing comma separated value (CSV) files. After completing this course you will be able to: 1. Edit, compile, and run a Java program; 2. Use conditionals and loops in a Java program; 3. Use Java API documentation in writing programs. 4. Debug a Java program using the scientific method; 5. Write a Java method to solve a specific problem; 6. Develop a set of test cases as part of developing a program; 7. Create a class with multiple methods that work together to solve a problem; and 8. Use divide-and-conquer design techniques for a program that uses multiple methods....

FA
Oct 7, 2017

Excellent explanations and amount of course work for practice, the tests made good use of the examples and work given, I am satisfied with what I learned in this course and see it's real world usage.

VM
Oct 15, 2019

This is an Awesome Course . The best thing About this Course is that It has weekly quizzes and Assignments as well as Practice Quizzes for particular Topics which helps in learning it more easily .

226 - 250 of 1,177 Reviews for Java Programming: Solving Problems with Software

By Nikhil V

Jul 20, 2020

The course was good. This course give me a confidence so that i can apply my java skills gained in this course to solve real world problems.

By Luiz F d A M

Aug 30, 2020

Great course with various challenges and a fast introduction to the basics of Java, a most useful language and entrance door to many others

By KOUTILYA B

Jul 19, 2020

In the middle, it seemed hard as I was not able to debug one of my programs but this course is great at it covers a wide variety of topics.

By Abu R O

Aug 1, 2019

Although the course was a bit difficulty in the beginning but with determination and focus, in the end you will be happy for not have given

By Eugeny K

Nov 7, 2018

This course presents some very interesting and challenging tasks. For a newbie like me it takes some time to solve the course assignments.

By Riaan F V

Apr 1, 2017

The Java Programming Course is helping me learn this imperative language and one that is very often used in large enterprises. Thank you!

in some quises answer gets wrong due to round of misunderstandings.Other than that everything was very good and very interesting.Thanks

By chetan k

Apr 5, 2020

This course allows me to build my JAVA concepts and it allowed me to think and analyze code which gave me the confidence to learn more.

By Jeff H

Mar 30, 2020

Extremely well put together and easy to follow. This went a long way in supplementing my online degree program! Thanks to all involved!

By DILEEP K

Feb 3, 2020

This is really great course, and very hard to crack some problem anyway Thanks All Dear Instructors, Duke University and Coursera Team

By Trần C L

Oct 5, 2019

I have been struggling a lots with code that works but not as expected. Taught myself how to debug my code. Thanks for a great course!

By Crystiane M

Sep 9, 2016

This course was really awesome!

I enjoyed doing the assignments and the way how the content was being taught was impressive. Very good!

By SULEYMAN Y

Jan 6, 2020

Quiz questions was really great. I learned much more to solve those questions. I would like to thank to Duke university and Coursera.

By Pranav L

Jul 19, 2020

Fantastic Course. Cleared Most of my Concepts and I also many of the new concepts and methods of object-oriented programming in java

By Peng Y

Aug 7, 2016

I join this course without no java programming experience. This course is really helpful and also challenging. It is worth the time.

By Vamshi D

Mar 29, 2020

The course has explained everything from the scratch and the practise assignments are enough for what we learn through the course.

By Digvijay K

Jan 23, 2020

Nice course, but library that we are practicing is of duke and I'm not sure how can we use that in our project.

Is it open source.?

By Anant S

Jan 16, 2020

Simply amazing course cleared my many doubts and i guess helped me building my main foundation which is required for programming.

By Frank S

Dec 11, 2017

Great course with challenging assignments. If you want learn Java seriously, you may consider take this one. Strongly recommend.

By Yiran Z

Jun 24, 2017

Great course, walk through several examples and let you work with some real tasks on your own. Learned a lot as a Java beginner.

By Paul H

Feb 13, 2016

Another great selection of topics and problems. I enjoyed this course. Very good balance in terms of concepts and test problems.

By AMAN R

Nov 7, 2020

This coures really helped me a lot in learning and applying java funamentals. It is a must do course for every Java enthusiast.

By Mihai D

Jul 22, 2020

Great course for Java beginners, excellent for understanding all you need to know. The assignments are well done and engaging.

By Oussama D

trés belle expérience avec beaucoup des informations bien expliqué par les profs et bien détailler grand merci pour les profs

By MOHAMMAD H

Jan 18, 2020

very useful course and have so many examples and practices, I advice every one want to start coding with java to enroll in it