Back to Know Thyself - The Value and Limits of Self-Knowledge: The Unconscious

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Know Thyself - The Value and Limits of Self-Knowledge: The Unconscious by The University of Edinburgh

A challenging but fascinating topic on the way to achieving self-knowledge is the unconscious. For well over a century, psychologists, philosophers, and many others have posited a level of mentality that is not immediately open to introspection; some would even say that certain unconscious elements cannot be known through introspection. This course will examine some of the most influential ideas about the unconscious starting with the work of Sigmund Freud, and follow the development of theories of the unconscious all the way to present research in experimental psychology. But be warned: some of the things you may learn about your unconscious mind may be surprising, and possibly even disturbing! --- This course was created by a partnership between The University of Edinburgh and Humility & Conviction and Public Life Project, an engaged research project based at the University of Connecticut and funded by a generous grant from the John Templeton Foundation....

DB
Oct 5, 2020

Wonderfully tied together, and certainly a lot more reading material provided - which I suspect will further enhance my understanding of the topic. Definitely a class that could help anyone.

IM
May 18, 2019

Amazing experience of blended learning. I think this course is a must do for anyone with a penchant for Neuroscience, Behavioral medicine and Phiolosophy. What are we; but rational beings.

26 - 50 of 105 Reviews for Know Thyself - The Value and Limits of Self-Knowledge: The Unconscious

By Kseniya N

Jun 7, 2020

Actually a great course, covering a vast variety of quite interesting topics of subconscious phenomena. I would absolutely recommend the course for those wh would like to learn more about one's behavioural patterns, which are actually subconscious.

By Miguel C M

Dec 10, 2020

I have learned very valuable information and tools such as the SEUT and also about the somatic markers. I am beyond happy to have enrolling in this course and I also want to congratulate the team that has created such valuable online course !

By Zsuzsanna B

Dec 7, 2020

Thank you so much for this course. I really enjoyed it, it was well structured, interesting and engaging. Also, I very much appreciated the instructor. I am looking forward checking out more courses from Mitchell Green!

By Malgorzata S

Nov 14, 2020

Ver informative. I have found out many interesting thing about the unconscious mind. I really liked professor Green's lectures on different subject. I really got me interested in Freud's work. Highly recommended

By Amy S

Jun 7, 2020

This is a wonderful course. It gave me insight into possible reasons for my own behavior and that of others, which has a practical impact on my life. I highly recommend it! And, I can't wait for part 3.

By DeVante B

Oct 6, 2020

By Arya K

Aug 18, 2020

Very insightful course, I really enjoyed it. It also gave a lot of extra source material that was very helpful in getting a better understanding of concepts.

By Rick S

Jun 7, 2020

Wonderful course and Prof Greene makes it not feel like any work is happening. Its worth the time and effort. More like a great book then a class.

By Martha C G

Sep 8, 2020

Even though I did not complete the assignments, I watched all the videos and read some of the material. It is a very interesting course.

By ROSA L C S

Apr 20, 2020

i enjoy this course, i just understand more the way our subconsciuos works, and can try to change the things i don't like of myself.

By Kristaps V

Oct 11, 2020

This course gave me a deeper understanding of my unconscious mind but, more importantly, a curiosity to explore the subject more.

By Maria C

Aug 11, 2020

Relevant material, explained clearly . It covered the key principles well and has made me want to continue to explore this area.

By Amitabha S

Really outstanding. The course lectures were extremely good. The supplementary material were of very high quality. Learnt a lot.

By Пархоменко Е В

Достойный и качественный курс, позволяющий более компетентно проводить саморефлексию и применять эти данные в исследованиях.

By Akanksha J

May 14, 2020

It was a wonderful experience to learn this course. the instructor had been really thorough with his knowledge.

By MH M

Dec 26, 2020

A highly intellectual and informative course covering not just the main theme but a lot under one umbrella

By Melissa A

Apr 27, 2020

My favourite class so far. Very insightful, great professor, truly enjoyed the readings and the material.

By Srinivasan L N

Oct 13, 2020

Insightful and thought provoking. Learnt a number of skills to pause and analyze the way I think.

By Abdrazakova A K

Apr 16, 2020

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed this course. I discovered lots of new things for my self.

By Kaveetha R

Aug 24, 2020

Really enjoyed the course, well presented and interactive, the topics covered very beneficial

By Claire

Nov 28, 2020

A fantastic and wide-ranging course. Covers a lot of material in a clear and concise way.

By Joanne M

Oct 15, 2020

Professor Green was wonderful; he is extremely knowledgeable and the course is practical.

By Alejandro B

Sep 20, 2020

Great content. It really helps to know yourself.

Can´t wait for the next one of the series

By Veronica R A

Dec 15, 2020

It was really interesting! I enjoyed to watch the videos and doing the Quiz. Thanks