Back to Know Thyself - The Value and Limits of Self-Knowledge: The Unconscious

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Know Thyself - The Value and Limits of Self-Knowledge: The Unconscious by The University of Edinburgh

A challenging but fascinating topic on the way to achieving self-knowledge is the unconscious. For well over a century, psychologists, philosophers, and many others have posited a level of mentality that is not immediately open to introspection; some would even say that certain unconscious elements cannot be known through introspection. This course will examine some of the most influential ideas about the unconscious starting with the work of Sigmund Freud, and follow the development of theories of the unconscious all the way to present research in experimental psychology. But be warned: some of the things you may learn about your unconscious mind may be surprising, and possibly even disturbing! --- This course was created by a partnership between The University of Edinburgh and Humility & Conviction and Public Life Project, an engaged research project based at the University of Connecticut and funded by a generous grant from the John Templeton Foundation....

DB

Oct 06, 2020

Wonderfully tied together, and certainly a lot more reading material provided - which I suspect will further enhance my understanding of the topic. Definitely a class that could help anyone.

IM

May 19, 2019

Amazing experience of blended learning. I think this course is a must do for anyone with a penchant for Neuroscience, Behavioral medicine and Phiolosophy. What are we; but rational beings.

26 - 50 of 85 Reviews for Know Thyself - The Value and Limits of Self-Knowledge: The Unconscious

By Rick S

Jun 07, 2020

Wonderful course and Prof Greene makes it not feel like any work is happening. Its worth the time and effort. More like a great book then a class.

By Martha C G

Sep 09, 2020

Even though I did not complete the assignments, I watched all the videos and read some of the material. It is a very interesting course.

By ROSA L C S

Apr 21, 2020

i enjoy this course, i just understand more the way our subconsciuos works, and can try to change the things i don't like of myself.

By Kristaps V

Oct 11, 2020

This course gave me a deeper understanding of my unconscious mind but, more importantly, a curiosity to explore the subject more.

By Maria C

Aug 11, 2020

Relevant material, explained clearly . It covered the key principles well and has made me want to continue to explore this area.

By Amitabha S

Really outstanding. The course lectures were extremely good. The supplementary material were of very high quality. Learnt a lot.

By Пархоменко Е В

Достойный и качественный курс, позволяющий более компетентно проводить саморефлексию и применять эти данные в исследованиях.

By Akanksha J

May 14, 2020

It was a wonderful experience to learn this course. the instructor had been really thorough with his knowledge.

By Melissa A

Apr 27, 2020

My favourite class so far. Very insightful, great professor, truly enjoyed the readings and the material.

By Srinivasan L N

Oct 13, 2020

Insightful and thought provoking. Learnt a number of skills to pause and analyze the way I think.

By Abdrazakova A K

Apr 16, 2020

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed this course. I discovered lots of new things for my self.

By Kaveetha R

Aug 24, 2020

Really enjoyed the course, well presented and interactive, the topics covered very beneficial

By Joanne M M

Oct 15, 2020

Professor Green was wonderful; he is extremely knowledgeable and the course is practical.

By Alejandro B

Sep 20, 2020

Great content. It really helps to know yourself.

Can´t wait for the next one of the series

By Полина А

May 03, 2020

Thant you! This course was useful for me to learn more about my unconcsious)

By PATIL A U

thank you so much i have liked this course and have gained much knowledge.

By Jeanette A A

May 01, 2020

A well constructed course which was immensely informative and interesting.

By Ibadurrahman B A

Jul 27, 2019

Useful course to identify self personality in relation with other people.

By Kainaat T

Oct 01, 2020

i learn many things from this course .this course enhance self knowledge

By Shyenne B

Apr 28, 2020

I learned so much in this class. I enjoy how everything is set up!

By Omar A M R

Jan 22, 2020

I really liked this course. Above all, the meditating moments!!!

By Adriana A

Aug 05, 2020

I found this course to be informative and thought-provoking.

By Rochelle S B

Jul 12, 2020

Thank you so much po. I've learned a lot from this course.

By Zuhal İ

Jun 27, 2020

This is a perfect course, and you're a perfect teacher!

By ANUKRATI J

Jun 07, 2020

Very interesting and knowledgeable. Thank you so much!!