Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

AJ
Dec 3, 2016

Great presentations on what language instruction approaches have looked like in the past and present. Each approach is discussed and evaluated so the "best of's" can be applied in your own teaching.

226 - 250 of 1,436 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Thuy T

Oct 18, 2016

Inspiring lecturers! I enjoy every lesson with clear instruction and exciting moments. Thanks all for bringing the course online so that I can learn it conveniently. Highly recommended!!

By LingYu K

Jun 3, 2016

Love this study about different language learning approach! I learned a lot about ESL/EFL history. Teacher is so funny. He'll be a good actor if he no longer want to work as a teacher^^

By Oshin O

Nov 1, 2020

Great course! I enjoyed learning different theories of second language acquisition and sharing my ideas through assignments. The instructors are fun and knowledgeable about the topics.

By Valeriia

Jul 21, 2018

It is a very interesting course that let you know more about the history of langauge teaching. Our teachers made their best to present the information in the most exciting way! Thanks!

By Fernando C

Oct 17, 2020

Excellent form of transmiting knowledge of theories of Second Language Adquisition very comprenhensible and very didactic. thanks for giving me the opportunity to study with you ASU.

By Anas H A

Apr 7, 2020

Although it was an extensive course, I was really interested in the fabulous way of presenting the different teaching approaches. Many thanks for Dr. Shan Dixon and Dr. Jessica Cinco.

By Lee H

Apr 29, 2019

I learned a lot about the different aspects of language teaching approaches. I am able to identify with some approaches more than others but can see how every approach has some merit.

By Sunny V A

Jan 30, 2018

Great course if you want to know all the different approaches to language learning and where the techniques came from. Gives you a complete understanding of different teaching styles.

By Noorzada K

Nov 29, 2020

This course helped me to learn different ways of approaches, varieties of techniques for teaching certain language skills. Thanks a lot for very interesting course dear ASU teachers.

By Nguyễn H H L

May 23, 2020

I actually change my conventional belief about teaching after learning this course. The educators are passionate and knowledgable. I actually learn a lot from this course. Thank you.

By Pamela J V V

Jun 1, 2017

It has been fantastic to do these courses. I didn't realise how much I was actually taking in. And it's been something I have been able to refer back to when talking to other people.

By wyeth r s

Jan 3, 2017

i really liked the feedback from several classmates during this module... the lessons were all very informative, so i wish i could have more time this month to focus on my lessons...

By Tara D

Apr 17, 2019

This is a great module that not only has encapsulated pertinent theories in second language teaching but also provided concrete examples and techniques for actual class instruction.

By Janice P E B

Jul 15, 2018

I liked learning the different teaching approaches. It gives me a wider perspective on teaching. And still up to this day, I realized the value of the past. Nothing like old school.

By Kimberly S F

Jun 5, 2016

Really enjoyed this course. I am an EFL teacher trainer and really got some great ideas to use when I give my next English Teaching Diploma Course. EXCELLENT AND TWO THUMBS UP!!!!

By Atiba L M

Sep 25, 2020

An excellent and quite engaging course. The use of caricatures to represent each 'movement' of language learning techniques did help in keeping one's attention and retention,👏👏👍

By Erin F

Jun 21, 2016

This course was interesting and I learned a lot about teaching English as a Second Language. The teachers really make the material fun and relatable. I would recommend this course.

By Tetiana K

Sep 23, 2020

It's was a fascinating journey! I like this course. It was interesting and useful. I understood many things and will apply the mentioned approaches in my teaching! Thank you, ASU!

By Mostafa R A M

very well organized course, the visual aids are awesome and it used a very simple ways to deliver the information, I really Enjoyed the Course and I have found it very beneficial.

By joungjeeyoun

Apr 27, 2020

Thank you all professors.you all give me clean imformation.some times I would become a serious learner and some times I could become a eager teacher .I also expect next lessons.

By Rachel C

Dec 3, 2019

It's very very informative and you learn a lot about the philosophy of teaching and techniques for different situations. Highly recommended for any teacher looking for new ideas.

By Deborah O

Mar 18, 2019

While taking this course I found there are more methods one can use in a classroom setting. It helped understand more broadly how the different approaches may be used in lessons.

By Barskaya M

Feb 12, 2019

Great course! It helped me to understand language learning more deeply. Now I know a different approaches and how to use them in my classroom. Thanks for this useful information.

By EZZ E K

Sep 3, 2017

Amazing course , and actually I learned from the teachers styles and the way they conveied the course it was a real useful to me, thanks a million for this valuable opportunity .

By BIPLAB D

Mar 7, 2016

Very interesting, informative & important course for the teachers.

The course became very exciting, interesting & informatic mainly due to Dr. Shane Dixion!

Thank you very much!