Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

ZY
Oct 10, 2018

Teachers are great. The course is fun and informative. I love this specialization. I look forward to completing all the courses as soon as possible. I highly recommend this course and specialization.

1501 - 1525 of 1,544 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Zaki B T Z T

Jun 13, 2018

It was theoretical than practical .

By Margaret P

Sep 22, 2017

A great class. I learned a lot!

By Rukhsar S

Dec 9, 2016

the course till far is good

By Chatchakris C

Dec 20, 2015

L

By Armindo G F G

Jul 31, 2017

I had taken this course with a serious mind set, to go all the way till de end; it was very unfortunate that I travelled last year for treatment, due to my health condition; this happened on late March 2016. Later on, by the time I came back home, some unfortunate robbers had stolen my computer, as well as my tablet and other documents, all of them in a brief case. Since last year I could not do anything at all. I am working now with a borrowed computer form a friend of mine. I hope this time I will make up for lost time and move forward with faith, as far as I can. Thank you very much.

By Rodrigo M B S

Feb 10, 2016

A great course and fully packed with interesting information about different methodologies thought time. Wouldn't give it 5 stars because most part during the video lectures are just silly and although I know the professor is trying his best to convey an idea, it seems like there are moments it just drifts away from the point. Also, the "angel x devil" debates are equally silly, opposite to the following overview video which is excellent. I'd recommend everybody to take this course but I certainly wouldn't do it again and neither dowload the videos for future reference.

By Thomáz D M

Apr 19, 2020

Both teachers were great in providing an introduction to the different theories of second language acquisition. However, I wish the content was deeper regarding each approach, or, at the very least, that we were provided with more guidance regarding which books and articles to read from the most important authors in the field.

By Mariia N

Dec 2, 2019

Really annoying and unfunny, but I learned something through completing the table. Had to read transcripts because videos (especially angel and devil debates) were unbearable. The teacher is a bad actor and he could have explained it normally. So the contents are good, but the way of presenting material is just embarrassing.

By Joelle H

Nov 30, 2016

Some of the videos weren't as clear as the previous course's videos. I suggest less gimmicks and more focus on learning the history. I will admit there were times I was lost on the quizzes because the videos weren't clear enough.

By alba l

Jul 17, 2019

In my opinion, it's too much content, and the tasks are very repetitive. The information and the way the professor explains is excellent, as well as the examples he gives to the teachers.

By Reem K

Feb 26, 2016

i dont want to know the history of language and the pendulum swing i just want a list short and simple in a single 20 min video and move one. this was so boring