Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

301 - 325 of 1,658 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Chung Y Y

Aug 3, 2020

I enjoyed this course, especially the content much more easier to digest and enjoyable! Great work Mr Shane, Mrs Jessica and Mr Justin! I'm looking forward to the next session.

By Andrew B

Jul 12, 2020

Another great course in the series. The characters the instructors created to present the different theories of second language acquisition helped me to differentiate each one.

By kittenjingjing

Oct 5, 2016

It's really fantastic! Learning in this course is like travelling by a time machine, and the professor leads you to know every teaching approach in detail. I like this course!

By Benedikta L

Dec 9, 2019

I learned a lot of new knowledge in this course. I got so many great experience during doing this course. I hope I can make this my material to teach in the future. Thank you

By Verbilovich I I

Jul 5, 2019

I love your videos and the teachers! Thank you very much. It was really interesting and easy to understand. I've improve not only my teaching skills, but my English as well.

By Oksana R

Feb 12, 2021

I love this course! Dr. Dixon is an amazing teacher! I have already used some techniques and my students enjoy our lessons more. I am so happy I could study here! Thank you!

By Caroline B M

Sep 20, 2020

I really like how this course has explained the Theories in a very fun and understandable way. I really learned a lot and was refreshed. Thank you so much and more power! :)

By Jovani D

Jul 29, 2019

Really detailed and practical course when teaching a languange, really flexible ways to complete courses. Thanks to both developers of the course and caoursera, great combo.

By Yersaiynova Z

Feb 15, 2021

It has been great to take time and reflect on my own practice. This course has greatly helped me to refresh my knowledge and enrich my teacher practice. I feel inspired now

By JayaKumar K

Jan 25, 2019

The course gave a very compact yet comprehensive input on the different approaches to language teaching, and perspectives of their origin against the historical background.

By Ashley K

Oct 27, 2016

This entire course series has been so helpful. Not only is just really fun to watch because of the well produced videos but it has relevant exercise and consistent quizzes.

By Anar H

Dec 16, 2020

Hello, I have completed 4 certificates period. I have gotten 4 certificates, but for all I must get one single certificate, I can't find it. It isn't in the site. Please

By Hannah Z

Aug 9, 2021

Learned all of these approaches really helped me to take a step back and see all the skills I'm using in my class is belong to which approach and the reason I'm using it.

By PAUL A M

Nov 23, 2020

Not only I've learned my teaching philosophy but also I have learned the history of the teaching methods and techniques that were based in historical approaches/theories.

By Anastasiia M

Jul 5, 2020

This course is great! The caricatures make all the approaches really memorable and distinct. The assignments are perfect and serve to consolidate the information learned.

By Овсяный И Ю

I am so excited by what I've learnt during this course. I've already told to all my colleagues about this course. This is a must for everyone definitely!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

By Chia-Ping L

Oct 9, 2019

this course helps people clarify and identify the scientific procedure within language learning, especially for those not having such second-language-learning experience.

By Arslan B

Apr 13, 2019

It's an amazing course in TESOL Specialization. It teaches several methods and techniques that a teacher should adopt for teaching English to speakers of other languages.

By Anthony V B

Oct 3, 2019

This course specialisation helps me to revisit the theories concerning teaching and learning a language, which are useful to face the demand brought by the 21st century.

By Altaf M

Apr 16, 2020

Very detailed mater related course with peer assignments and quizzes.It really fanatic to join it.I have learned a great deal of skills while studying these approaches.

By Verônica B B

Oct 31, 2016

This is a great course to learn more about teaching English, all the different approaches and techniques. It's really worth and fun! Dr. Shane is an amazing professor!

By Yani

Jul 20, 2016

I can really see how the professors try really hard to make this more engaging as they do not dwell on boring discussions. I also appreciate how enthusiastic they are.

By Ameer A

Jun 22, 2016

wonderful course that gave me a very strong historical background about methods of teaching. I would like to retake it again in this is available in the future.

Ameer

By Patricia K

Mar 13, 2021

I not only learned a lot from this course but enjoyed it very much. Very easy to follow and entertaining as well. Special thanks to Dr. Shane Dixon and Jessica Cinco.

By Jane M P

Dec 16, 2020

I learned a lot from this course and enjoyed the videos so much! They were presented very creatively yet full of meaning. I would love to watch the videos over again.