Back to Leadership Through Design Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership Through Design Innovation by Northwestern University

4.3

Today’s workplace calls for a new style of leadership to embolden and accelerate innovation. Design offers a novel way to discover market opportunities, experiment to validate concepts and mitigate risk, and deliver value to all stakeholders. This course offers hands-on experience applying human-centered design process to real-world challenges, and requires you to explore the world around you. Learn how to engage with end users, effectively frame problems, identify potential solutions, and build prototypes to test assumptions and learn what works (and doesn’t). Then dive into a range of ways large and small to bring design innovation into your organization....

MC

Apr 15, 2018

SO far I've enjoyed it and it's the course why I started the specialization for, and instead of taking it separate from the others, it's way better to have the full track to get the 360 view

PM

Sep 28, 2016

Enjoyed the journey through the course. The projects are integral to gain confidence on applying design thinking. However, they are time intensive and require commitment.

26 - 50 of 88 Reviews for Leadership Through Design Innovation

By Rafael C d N

Oct 31, 2021

This module does not seem to fit to the course main purpose, it is more fitable to an innovation course. Just some of the last videos are about leadership. Also, the tasks are meant to be outside and with some people. As we are under pandemic restrictions, some of them were not posible to be fullfilled what descrease the points.

By Sarah A J

Feb 23, 2022

This course is a valuable introduction to human-centered design and design innovation, however the coursework required for the completion of this class is enourmously disproportionate to the credit offered.

By MOUSTAFA A A E S

Jun 24, 2019

very long and time consuming and its hard to get your peer to grade your submissions

By Wasseem A

Apr 20, 2016

Totally irrelevant in terms of marketing & brand management perspective. It can a be a good course for designers rather than marketer.

I am stuck to take it, but if i have the option to drop it, I will do so. But I want to earn the specialization certificate.

By Lawrence D

Sep 16, 2016

I held a Design Thinking for Innovation workshop with my employees by asking them to identify pain points associated with completing their day to day tasks. 45 ideas were generated in the ideation phase. In a matter of 3 months we have already completed 30% of their ideas and another 25% are in various phases of development. These ideas have streamlined our communications and accelerated the learning curve for training of new hires. The activity also increased teamwork and job satisfaction, which is evident in the level of creativity and initiative shown by the employees.

By Teodoro O P M

May 31, 2021

Excellent course, very grateful to COURSERA and NORTWESTERN UNIVERSITY, now I know how to develop and test prototypes very important in design innovation. It will definitely help me a lot in my professional and personal life.

By Mariangela C C

Apr 16, 2018

By Pooja S M

Sep 29, 2016

By Cheryl H

Apr 18, 2021

Probably the hardest so far of the Org Leadership Specialization, but in a good way. This course really stretched me and gave me skills I can use with any job.

By mikkel B M

Sep 23, 2016

I highly recommend this course for anybody aspiring to become the best leader they can. Very useful exercises and tools for future use.

By ADAR D

Sep 6, 2020

Great great just enjoyed a lot and learn more by this course thank u team Coursera. It's helps me to develop my leadership skills

By Timothy P J

Jun 11, 2016

Probably the most eye-opening and useful class of all the specialization. Took significantly more time, but was very insightful.

By Bernard D V

Apr 17, 2019

Great course about Design Innovation. It's really clear, well-thought and entertaining. The assignments are great too.

By AJ B

May 8, 2020

This course extremely challenged me in my thought process and has changed how I will lead my teams moving forward.

By Alexander T

Feb 24, 2016

I found this one extremely useful for all managers who need to work with new products or improve existing ones.

By ISHIMWE G F

Nov 30, 2020

This is a course anyone willing to be an aspiring leader with a thousand of opportunities would not miss.

By Sue S

Feb 10, 2022

Excellent focused course that put design principles into pratice. I learned far more than I expected!

By Maria C J D C

Jun 30, 2019

Challenging course that would really open your mind and think about solutions to problems.

By Antonio L

Jun 1, 2017

Excellent course which provides the foundation to make Design a part of Leadership

By Eric N

Loved the process, quite insightful. I will definitely apply the skills learnt.

By Dr. M W

Jun 1, 2020

Overall Great Course I was challenged to think using a different process.

By dimpi S

Oct 5, 2020

Leadership skills very help me. I very excited.

Cousara is a good cause.

By Juan D T E

Apr 24, 2020

Good course. A lot of self-discipline to complete it!

By Sergio

May 18, 2021

Great course. Very relevant for today's challenges.

By Rizka M

Dec 2, 2020

Thank you so much. I really enjoy all of the class