Back to Leadership Through Design Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership Through Design Innovation by Northwestern University

4.3

Today’s workplace calls for a new style of leadership to embolden and accelerate innovation. Design offers a novel way to discover market opportunities, experiment to validate concepts and mitigate risk, and deliver value to all stakeholders. This course offers hands-on experience applying human-centered design process to real-world challenges, and requires you to explore the world around you. Learn how to engage with end users, effectively frame problems, identify potential solutions, and build prototypes to test assumptions and learn what works (and doesn’t). Then dive into a range of ways large and small to bring design innovation into your organization....

MC
Apr 15, 2018

SO far I've enjoyed it and it's the course why I started the specialization for, and instead of taking it separate from the others, it's way better to have the full track to get the 360 view

PM
Sep 28, 2016

Enjoyed the journey through the course. The projects are integral to gain confidence on applying design thinking. However, they are time intensive and require commitment.

51 - 69 of 69 Reviews for Leadership Through Design Innovation

By Mona A A

Jun 3, 2020

good

By Emilia A V B

=

By Martha V

Mar 31, 2016

T

By Felipe M B

Nov 6, 2020

Good course, but does not make sense as part of Leadership Specialization. The amount of work required in the assignments is not proportional to the relevance of the subject in this specialization.

The name shouldn't be Leadership Through Design Innovation, but Design process, or Observation and Design.

The content is interesting and well built, but not suitable for the Leadership Specialization.

By Nishith

Jun 28, 2020

The quality of course is excellent and assignments are also perfect.

But the major problem is time it takes to get checked your peer assignment. It takes very long time due to which I am not able to go to next Capstone Course.

By Eduardo G

Aug 2, 2018

The Leadership through Design Innovation course was amazing. Everything I learned from it really helped me develop a new point of view on my work about how better developing product, services and systems.

By diana k

Mar 21, 2016

I liked the format and the assignments. The assignments did however take a lot of time to complete. I think you need to give more info about how to prototype as I'm still not confident with this

By SIVAKUMAR V

Apr 23, 2019

It really gives platform for innovate thinking and to create also... learned and enjoyed

By Albert S

Jan 26, 2016

Its a well crafted course and the insights provided are very useful.

By Dhababa S A R

By Nigatu W M

Mar 8, 2020

By Kathryn L

Apr 27, 2020

I thought this course was interesting. I enjoyed the professors and the case study with the teddy bear. Exercises were fun, though may have been better done with a group and in person (brainstorming and iterating solo is tough). I enjoyed attending, but am not sure it relates well to an Organizational Leadership Specialization.

By Thomas M

Mar 5, 2016

Videos are quite short, there is almost zero material to download. As alumni of NU / Kellogg I would have expected more depth of the lectures.

By Nicholas M

Jun 25, 2020

This course was likely very good with instructor engagement, but left to its own devices fails to provide the same level of value as other courses in the specialization. Much of the class would benefit from actual discussion, which is not really suitable for this MOOC format.

By MOUSTAFA A A E S

Jun 24, 2019

very long and time consuming and its hard to get your peer to grade your submissions

By Steven Z

May 7, 2017

I didn't like it.

By Jordan T M

Aug 8, 2020

This course has limited instruction, overly done assignments and limited merit in the specialization in my opinion. It is by far the worst course I have taken on Coursera.

By Daniel G

Jan 7, 2020

The exam is not practical and has deterred me from advancing. I have been working on a project for the last month to be able to pass it.