Back to Leadership Through Design Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership Through Design Innovation by Northwestern University

4.3

Today’s workplace calls for a new style of leadership to embolden and accelerate innovation. Design offers a novel way to discover market opportunities, experiment to validate concepts and mitigate risk, and deliver value to all stakeholders. This course offers hands-on experience applying human-centered design process to real-world challenges, and requires you to explore the world around you. Learn how to engage with end users, effectively frame problems, identify potential solutions, and build prototypes to test assumptions and learn what works (and doesn’t). Then dive into a range of ways large and small to bring design innovation into your organization....

MC
Apr 15, 2018

SO far I've enjoyed it and it's the course why I started the specialization for, and instead of taking it separate from the others, it's way better to have the full track to get the 360 view

PM
Sep 28, 2016

Enjoyed the journey through the course. The projects are integral to gain confidence on applying design thinking. However, they are time intensive and require commitment.

76 - 80 of 80 Reviews for Leadership Through Design Innovation

By Steven Z

May 8, 2017

I didn't like it.

By Douglas B

Jul 21, 2021

I really hated it to be honest. First, the spaces provided for writing are tiny and when you have to review someone else's work, you have to scroll up and down, up and down, again and again and again. Also, the formatting is all skewed and there are huge spaces and broken sentences. The amount of work they ask for, for example, 750 to 1000 words of notes about reorganizing break time or organizing a meeting. It's ridiculous. This isn't an MBA and the certificate has no real value so why create so much work. I am a Coursera premium subscriber and I don't think I will continue here as I am sure the Capstone will be torture. Pick something else.

By Jordan T M

Aug 8, 2020

This course has limited instruction, overly done assignments and limited merit in the specialization in my opinion. It is by far the worst course I have taken on Coursera.

By Elena M

Feb 3, 2021

This course was not easy to complete with the current COVID-19 restrictions here in Canada (and probably around the world). It should have been updated.

By Daniel G

Jan 7, 2020

The exam is not practical and has deterred me from advancing. I have been working on a project for the last month to be able to pass it.