Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

PP
Apr 24, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

226 - 250 of 3,799 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Jaime C

Jun 28, 2020

Very complete and profitable course. I achieved what I wanted. One can learn very valuable stuff if true dedication is put into the course. In the end, I realized that learning Chinese was easier than I thought. And thanks to Xiaoyu Liu, a great teacher.

By Milca G

Jun 1, 2020

Recomiendo ampliamente este curso.

Los videos de aprendizaje duran menos de 5 minutos y la actitud de Xiaoyu Liu facilitan la compresión de los temas a tratar.

Sin duda alguna esta es la mejor manera para aprender una lengua extranjera de alta importancia.

By Ksenia R

Sep 18, 2020

Me encantó el curso, la profesora explica muy bien, es muy cortés y amable. Fue un verdadero placer de estudiar Chino. Me hubiese gustado conocer más pronombres personales y conocer algunos símbolos de escritura. Muchas gracias a Coursera por ese curso.

By Warunya P

May 14, 2020

I learned lot of Chinese words from this course . I think this course is suitable for the beginner and Who have learn Chinese before also . I can review my Chinese skill from this course. You Just spend a bit time to study . Thank you teacher. xiexie

By Harshal M

Apr 4, 2018

Good course for complete beginners.

Although i would suggest more explanation for measure words. More examples will also help.

Having said that, thaks once again for all your efforts. I look forward to learning more advanced chinese courses in the future.

By Kumar

Aug 26, 2020

I am very happy with this seven weeks online program. You go slowly to understand well, I think this is good way in teaching to the foreigners. I am very glad that I got a chance to learn from you dear mam. Thank you so much for your efforts and time.

By Patricio A

Oct 22, 2020

Thank you! for the professionalism throughout the course. I send you a great love. I am infinitely grateful for all the knowledge that you added to my Pekin University !!! They really gave me a new look at my ability to learn and transmit knowledge.

By Domingo C S

Jun 4, 2017

Me encantó que el curso sea tan simple para gente que no tiene noción de chino, aunque en las últimas "lectures" no escribian todo lo que aparece en la pantalla, así que tenía que ver la transcripción para entender o saber algunas cosas que entiendo.

By Naysla T T C

Sep 6, 2020

it was very gratefully to learn about china and chineese languaje in this way, it was a great introduction, now i want to learn more, thanks a lot, i thougt that it was a very very dificult languaje, but im not afraid anymore thanks to this course.

By Thando'luhle T T

Aug 17, 2020

The lectures were fun and easy to understand. I did find some difficulty in pronunciations, however, the quizzes helped with that as well as the explanations given by the lecturer. Thank you so much for making the Chinese language amazing to learn!

By DR B B

Apr 25, 2020

I am very much excited that I have learned one of the sweetest and oldest language of the world. The course is excellent and very well- organised. The instructor is outstanding. Her voice is very clear, she is a well presenterband a great speaker.

By Luiz H N

Sep 9, 2020

I liked it so much! The teacher helped me with a lot of expressions and structures in the Chinese language. The course do not have topics in grammar, but we can see the structures and order of the words as we study the concepts. That is very kind!

By Monica H

May 9, 2020

Wow! Professor Xiaoyu Liu was amazing!!!! Recommended!!

I really enjoyed her calmness and subtle friendliness in her class, now that I finished all the seven weeks content I am really going to miss studying with her.

Xiexie laoshi, wo hen xihuan! :D

By Carosio C

Apr 14, 2020

Great course with a great teacher! I enjoyed each lesson a lot, the teaching rythm is perfect for beginners and the pinyin writing helps if you are not familiar with chinese symbols. Thank you for making my first steps in Chinese such a great fun!

By Brenda N

Jul 9, 2019

Me gusto mucho este curso porque tuve la oportunidad de poner en practica mis habilidades auditivas. Ademas , el uso de imágenes y el reuso de palabras de lecciones anteriores hicieron posible que recordara el vocabulario de manera mas eficiente.

By Rakhshi T

Oct 8, 2017

This was very well designed and helpful course. I enjoyed learning Chinese with the teacher. However, i felt that quizzes were easy and they should be a little more challenging. Thanks a lot for providing us with the opportunity to learn it free.

By Nambajimana J d D

Jan 2, 2018

Firstly, I would like to thank those who established this website and the one who prepare this program, I have learned more and more, this time I can speak Chinese, communicate with people. Actually, I can do a lot of things because of Coursera.

By Nicolas S

Apr 30, 2017

This is an excellent foundation course for beginners. Prof Xiaoyu Liu has a clear pronunciation and a great pedagogy. Many thanks for this wonderful course! I highly recommend this course for everyone who want to begin learning Mandarin Chinese.

By Daniel S

Jul 30, 2019

This course had a good pace and covered several useful topics. The instructor also explained new words/characters when introducing a new sentence or phrase, which is nice to know - as opposed to just explaining the meaning of the new phrase.

By Karime A C

Mar 20, 2018

It was a really good courses, Xiaoyu Liu is an amazing teacher she explain you everything as best as possible. was a really good method of teaching, easy to learn, to been motivate and to practice. I cant wait to start the next course. Xiexie

By Mª D C S R P

Oct 25, 2016

Muy práctico e interesante. Perfecto para introducirte en este idioma y aunque sea básico, creo que aprendes muchas cosas que son muy útiles para al menos mantener una conversación sencilla para poderte desenvolver en Chino. Muy recomendable.

By CIRO M C

Sep 5, 2020

WONDERFUL TASK MADE BY YOU, THE PRESENTER WAS VERY GOOD AND THE EXRECISES WERE QUITE DEMANDING, THE SAME AS THE TIME. TIME IS GOLD NOWADAYS AND I USED IT TO DO THIS COURSE. MAY BE I WOULD TAKE THE SECOND COURSE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH COURSERA.

By Khushi K P

Jun 5, 2020

A really good course! The professor is engaging and easy to understand. Every word of every line is explained. Even the difficult sounds are easy to pick up when you move forward in the course. One of my favourite courses ever. Thanks a lot!

By ΧΡΗΣΤΟΣ Α

Apr 20, 2020

It was really amazing! The very last part includes the chinese symbols that you've learned to say during this course along with their pronunciation and their tonemarks (pinyin),so now I'm trying to learn how to write each word I've learnt!!!

By Erin B

Feb 22, 2020

Excellent course. I learned many new things including lots of new vocabulary words. The instructor also did a great job giving pronunciation and grammar tips. I feel more confident as I continue my self study portion of learning Chinese.