Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

101 - 125 of 3,820 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By vas m

Jun 24, 2020

As my first intro to learning Chinese, I found it enjoyable course, I found the tutor to be very good and I understood her well. An excellent presentation, short videos with plenty of exercises . I didn't pay for the certificate! One nice to have would be use of Chinese characters as well as pinyin - would have help to become familiar with from beginning.

By MARIA D L M G C

Xièxiè I

Gracias por este curso, me ha encantado comenzar chino, me ha resultado fácil y deseo seguir estudiando este idioma, me encanta la cultura y vuestro hermoso país.

Gracias

Thank you for this course, I have loved starting Chinese, it has been easy for me and I want to continue studying this language, I love culture and your beautiful country.

By Savannah O

Sep 2, 2020

I understand that everyone learns differently, and this course may not be for everyone; however, for me and people who learn like me, this course is ideal. The lessons were very straightforward and clear. I quizzes were exactly what you learned from the lessons before with no tricks or catches. I LOVED every second of this course. 10/10 would Recommend!!

By Elena W

Jul 30, 2016

The teacher was very clear and gave information at a nice, comfortable pace. I really liked the format of the class: vocabulary and grammar structures, dialogues, short quiz, and extra practice. The way she made distinctions between correct and incorrect pronunciation of certain pinyin combinations was really helpful, too. Excellent and enjoyable course!

By Machfudz A N

Jun 21, 2020

I am happy to learn this Chinese language. It is difficult in the beginning, but as time passes by, I gradually understand what is the instructor's speaking. She taught in easy way and had simple example. Nevertheless, there are some examples that did not show in her screen and sometimes there were no translations in the screen. Overall, great job!

By Milena T

Sep 4, 2016

I thought this was an excellent entry level course. I spent 10 months living in China, and was self-taught to a large extent. This course helped clear up some things I have been saying incorrectly, was simple enough to learn, yet useful for someone just starting out. I hope more advanced courses are created, I love learning the Mandarin language.

By Kelly L S

Dec 12, 2015

This was a great basic course that introduced simple pronunciation and words that can easily be transformed into building blocks for learning more Chinese. The instructor was excellent in her explanations and her articulation was extremely helpful in guiding the learner through each video. Thanks for much for a great introduction to Chinese!

By Alice X

It was a really good beginner's course. The professor carefully pronounced each word. I loved the fact that she repeated everything. It made it easier to follow and learn.

I know the focus was more on speaking and listening, but it would've been nice to have optional Chinese characters written out as we were learning rather than at the end.

By Florinda A A P G

Oct 6, 2016

It's not my first time to take a beginners course in Chinese so I already know some of the words and phrases, but this course was a good refresher course, too. The lessons were short and easy to remember. I think the expressions taught were also very practical. I hope there is a second part so I can continue my lessons in Chinese. Xie xie!

By Sayan B

Apr 20, 2018

It is a great course for anyone who wishes to learn Chinese from the absolute basics. She teaches in a manner that is very simplified and a manner in which everyone can understand. I feel that I couldn't find a better course for learning Chinese. After this course, you will be competent enough to say the most basic things about yourself.

By rajendra j

Sep 11, 2020

Thanks a lot for your teaching chinese words, pronounciation, day today activities in very simple and understanding method. it really creates interest in it. I am very happy to select the course and completed. Thanks to coursera for such a wonderful learning site and many more courses . Definitely it is advisable to opt corsera. Thanks.

By Nataliia I

Aug 24, 2015

Never expected that the Chinese language is so interesting. I'm so sorry that I have completed all weeks! I'm grateful for my pretty teacher. Thanks to her I would like to go on learning Chinese. I'll be in China on the 27th of August 2015. I hope my knowledge will help me to orientate in this country. Sincerely, Nataliya, Kyiv, Ukraine

By Maria J

Feb 24, 2020

Excelente curso con una excelente profesora! Amigable con aquellos que son completamente principiantes en el idioma permitiendo aprender de manera sencilla como comunicarse de manera básica en el idioma con una fonética correcta. Un curso que es 100% útil por lo cual totalmente recomendado a aquellos que desean insertarse en el idioma.

By Prerana P

Aug 9, 2019

This course was really amazing. It taught me basic needs to communicàte in Chinese. I loved the way the guide teached which patience , politeness and I loved this course a lot. Thank you😍 . Will learn more through coursera and if I get a chance, I'm happy enough that I'll go to China and experience my learnings through this course.

😊

By Соболев С

Feb 22, 2018

Excellent course, which is well balanced.

This course helps you understand phonetics and tones, as well as increases your vocabulary and helps start speaking Chinese.

A great teacher helps in this.

Her English is perceived as a native language for students.

She is very accessible and explains everything in detail.

Xiaoyu Liu thank you.

By Thitima B

May 12, 2020

This course is good for people who want to learn intensive chinese. especially for people who likely to travel to China or even having a chinese friends to talk with. I'm have learned a lot of chinese words and phrases , and I'm pretty sure that it will enhance my language skill for the work position in the future. Thank you. xie xie

By Maria M m M s

Jun 25, 2017

I think it was quite a nice course, nevertheless I think we need more time to practice and some more exercises. Mandarin is not an easy language and practice makes it all.It would be nice to have some short videos rehearsing the vocabulary we just learned. It would help us memorize the difficult words. Congatulations to the teacher.

By Moisés A M

Sep 9, 2019

Muy buen curso para quienes no saben nada de chino, sólo que por la complejidad del mismo, a veces las traducciones al inglés no son de lo más exactas, pero tampoco de lo más erradas. Me gustaría que se vieran caracteres chinos desde el principio, y no al final en una hoja de referencia. Sin duda tomaré los demás cursos de la serie.

By Miraflor M

Jun 12, 2017

I highly appreciate the efficiency of our dear moderator. Thank you very much for making your video lectures interactive and for providing extended exercises. But I do request to record the following in an increased volume: Tones & Simple Finals video, Initials and the Finals with nasal endings. Once again Thank you very much!!! :)

By Marian E D C

Oct 31, 2020

Very concise and informative. The course is was easy to follow for beginners with no Chinese (Mandarin) language background. So happy about taking this course. The professor also pronounces good English so I did not have difficulty learning. Recommended.

This is a course purely for simple conversations. No written exams or lessons.

By DEBASMITA B

Sep 20, 2015

One of the best language classes I have attended in my life. conceptual and easy to use. I used to think chinese is the hardest language of all, but her presentation skill really impressed me and I understood whatever she taught us. I would say she is really a nice teacher and I would like to have more advance courses from her.

By Clara G D L

Nov 27, 2016

Disfrute muchísimo el curso, esta diseñado para que personas como yo, con conocimiento nulo del idioma, aprendan de una manera fácil y libre de estrés el idioma chino. aunque seria bueno mencionar que la semana 5, me causo algo de confusión y todavía no logro entender de manera total el como dar direcciones de manera correcta.

By Reem

Jun 21, 2020

it was perfect to learn Chinese from this course and I really loved how Chinese is so beautiful and I have enrolled in the other course of the teacher because she is really cute and I love her

thank you for teaching us I am very grateful and I will learn more about Chinese because you are the reason that I loved the language

By Victoria O

Apr 8, 2018

I was studying chinese for myself, and i learned many things, but i think that with this course i learned more grammar and pronunciation. I have learned many things here, i'll still practicing for do my best. This is a nice course, you should try it! And the teacher looks like a peaceful person. i think i'll mis her! Regards!

By J C

Jan 25, 2017

The course starts very basic which is good if this is your first time learning Chinese.

A bit of warning; if you take this course you must work hard and practice, but don't worry there is not to much work.

This course is not my favorite but it is very good and it's cons get canceled out because the teacher is really excellent.