Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

PP
Apr 24, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

101 - 125 of 4,197 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Hamid H

Apr 12, 2018

Really this course is very helpful. I learned many things from this course especially directions, weather,sports,time and many more things. Thank you so much to Xiaoyu Liu LAOSHI. You really did a great job. I suggest this course to all beginners who want to learn Chinese. As i am a student of Harbin Institute of Technology and i already know some basics but this course help me alot.

By Waqar A K

May 4, 2017

I had been interested in learning Chinese. I have completed this course. It has helped me a lot. I specially thank the course instructor Associate Professor Xiaoyu Liu, the Peiking University and the Coursera Team for providing such a good course for free.

I once again thank my instructor. I will respect her if I ever meet her. Her teaching method was very polite and understandable.

By Akram T B

Apr 26, 2020

I like this course because it does not follow the traditional way of immersion when teaching a language. It uses a bilingual approach and focuses on the speaking and listening aspects of the language which I strongly believe it is the best way to start learning a new language. Of course the accent the totally Beijing accent since it is a Chinese university, so keep that in mind.

By Eanna H

Nov 30, 2018

Currently living in Taiwan with some mandarin background and this was helpful in understanding grammar (sentence structure) and vocab. Although it's a different dialect, it helped with pronunciation and context of the language. It would be helpful to see some chinese characters, but I understand it's a beginner's course so that may confuse many newcomers. All in all, thank you!!

By Iryna W

Jan 12, 2021

Dieser Kurs hat mir sehr gut gefallen: Die Themen sind vielseitig und interessant mit Einblicken in chinesische Kultur. Der Stundenplan ist logisch aufgebaut und die Testaufgaben haben ein angemessenes Schwierigkeitsgrad. Besonders hervorheben möchte ich angenehme Stimme und klare Aussprache der Dozentin. Ich bin sehr motiviert und werde Chinesisch mit Coursera weiter lernen.

By Adam R

Apr 29, 2020

I loved this course! The professor is fantastic and I found it very helpful in learning a base of the language. While it isn't a course that will make you fluent in Chinese, it sets you up for the future of learning more and being able to speak the basics and to pick up on words when someone is talking to you in Chinese. Overall worth the time as long as you put in the effort!

By Miriam C M M

Jul 26, 2020

A comparación de otros cursos de chino en donde aprendes caracteres, en este aprendes la pronunciación, y es mas útil para tener una conversación con un nativo de China, es complicado al inicio como cualquier otro idioma pero después se te hace fácil y llevaras muy buen puntaje en tus cuestionarios, y los videos de explicación son muy buenos, y nos es aburrido para nada

By Ana C F

Aug 19, 2019

Excellent course! The professor was amazing, very calm and clear when speaking. I learned not only the basic of Chinese, but a lot about their culture and costumes. I am really glad for being able to do this course, it was a great experience and opportunity. Many thanks to the professor, University, Coursera and everyone involved at this modern form of classroom!

By Anuchit M

Jun 13, 2020

For someone who had no knowledge of the Chinese language, this course has taught me so much. I've had an opportunity to practice my pronunciations and everyday conversations with the native speaker without even knowing anything in Chinese beforehand. I've gained confident to further my knowledge in the Chinese language. This course was very fun and detailed.

By Lewis W S

Mar 7, 2020

This program is worth it! It took me about the second week to get used to the tones but once I did I really took off. I've learned around 300 words and phrases. The teacher is great! She teaches you in sentences so you can actually communicate and understand Mandarin in everyday life. You still have to apply yourself but it's a skill that's worth the effort.

By Melanie K

Oct 29, 2017

Wonderful! Im learning chinese since 9 years but i dont practice it. I would like to go to China next year for my exchange program. This course will help me to leave their and to ask what i need during my daily life. So i will be able to pratice the language and perform myself on place.

Thanks again !

Perfect teacher and the progam is all what everybody need.

By PHAM T C D

Sep 16, 2020

Thank you, Ms Liu. Although i'm not beginner at all, but i still studied something new here. The course is soooooooooo interesting that a person who haven't studied Chinese yet can learn manything, cuz it is just pinyin, with alphabets, not Chinese words at all, which make foreinger fell better when she firstly touch on this :3

By vas m

Jun 24, 2020

As my first intro to learning Chinese, I found it enjoyable course, I found the tutor to be very good and I understood her well. An excellent presentation, short videos with plenty of exercises . I didn't pay for the certificate! One nice to have would be use of Chinese characters as well as pinyin - would have help to become familiar with from beginning.

By MARIA D L M G C

Xièxiè I

Gracias por este curso, me ha encantado comenzar chino, me ha resultado fácil y deseo seguir estudiando este idioma, me encanta la cultura y vuestro hermoso país.

Gracias

Thank you for this course, I have loved starting Chinese, it has been easy for me and I want to continue studying this language, I love culture and your beautiful country.

By Savannah O

Sep 2, 2020

I understand that everyone learns differently, and this course may not be for everyone; however, for me and people who learn like me, this course is ideal. The lessons were very straightforward and clear. I quizzes were exactly what you learned from the lessons before with no tricks or catches. I LOVED every second of this course. 10/10 would Recommend!!

By Elena W

Jul 30, 2016

The teacher was very clear and gave information at a nice, comfortable pace. I really liked the format of the class: vocabulary and grammar structures, dialogues, short quiz, and extra practice. The way she made distinctions between correct and incorrect pronunciation of certain pinyin combinations was really helpful, too. Excellent and enjoyable course!

By Machfudz A N

Jun 21, 2020

I am happy to learn this Chinese language. It is difficult in the beginning, but as time passes by, I gradually understand what is the instructor's speaking. She taught in easy way and had simple example. Nevertheless, there are some examples that did not show in her screen and sometimes there were no translations in the screen. Overall, great job!

By Milena T

Sep 4, 2016

I thought this was an excellent entry level course. I spent 10 months living in China, and was self-taught to a large extent. This course helped clear up some things I have been saying incorrectly, was simple enough to learn, yet useful for someone just starting out. I hope more advanced courses are created, I love learning the Mandarin language.

By Kelly L S

Dec 12, 2015

This was a great basic course that introduced simple pronunciation and words that can easily be transformed into building blocks for learning more Chinese. The instructor was excellent in her explanations and her articulation was extremely helpful in guiding the learner through each video. Thanks for much for a great introduction to Chinese!

By Alice X

It was a really good beginner's course. The professor carefully pronounced each word. I loved the fact that she repeated everything. It made it easier to follow and learn.

I know the focus was more on speaking and listening, but it would've been nice to have optional Chinese characters written out as we were learning rather than at the end.

By Florinda P G

Oct 6, 2016

It's not my first time to take a beginners course in Chinese so I already know some of the words and phrases, but this course was a good refresher course, too. The lessons were short and easy to remember. I think the expressions taught were also very practical. I hope there is a second part so I can continue my lessons in Chinese. Xie xie!

By Sayan B

Apr 20, 2018

It is a great course for anyone who wishes to learn Chinese from the absolute basics. She teaches in a manner that is very simplified and a manner in which everyone can understand. I feel that I couldn't find a better course for learning Chinese. After this course, you will be competent enough to say the most basic things about yourself.

By rajendra j

Sep 11, 2020

Thanks a lot for your teaching chinese words, pronounciation, day today activities in very simple and understanding method. it really creates interest in it. I am very happy to select the course and completed. Thanks to coursera for such a wonderful learning site and many more courses . Definitely it is advisable to opt corsera. Thanks.

By Nataliia I

Aug 24, 2015

Never expected that the Chinese language is so interesting. I'm so sorry that I have completed all weeks! I'm grateful for my pretty teacher. Thanks to her I would like to go on learning Chinese. I'll be in China on the 27th of August 2015. I hope my knowledge will help me to orientate in this country. Sincerely, Nataliya, Kyiv, Ukraine

By Maria J

Feb 24, 2020

Excelente curso con una excelente profesora! Amigable con aquellos que son completamente principiantes en el idioma permitiendo aprender de manera sencilla como comunicarse de manera básica en el idioma con una fonética correcta. Un curso que es 100% útil por lo cual totalmente recomendado a aquellos que desean insertarse en el idioma.