Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

PP
Apr 24, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

126 - 150 of 3,811 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Sebastian E M

Mar 19, 2020

Hola,

quiero antes que nada agradecer por el curso.

Soy de Argentina y he realizado este curso con éxito. La profesora es muy simpática, el contenido es muy bueno.

Jamás habia experimentado con el idioma chino y la verdad es que te hacen sentir muy a gusto. Quiero seguir aprendiendo y todo se lo debo a ustedes.

Xiéxié,

Záijián

By Tania T L

Sep 27, 2016

¡Me ha encantado! Lo más complicado para los españoles será la pronunciación de tonos y consonantes, pero se hace muy ameno y cortito. Tuve que hacerlo en un par de semanas/tres porque no me daba tiempo con la universidad y no hubo ningún problema. Lo recomiendo, sin duda, a quien le interese tener nociones básicas de chino.

By Mariam Y A M

Dec 16, 2016

Very useful for beginners. she speaks very slow and keeps repeating the words until you get it. I really recommend this course for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese. I wish they offer free certificate for the ones who complete the course. Anyway, I hope to see more courses from this university to learn more Chinese

By Christopher M

Jun 6, 2017

Although I come from a Chinese-speaking family, I've never been able to pronounce things correctly. While I understand Chinese, I generally reply with English. This was my first Chinese course, and it has greatly improved my ability to communicate with people like my grandparents who have difficulty understanding English.

By Christyn C

Feb 10, 2016

I enjoy this class very much. The instructor is very informative, patient, and easy to learn from from. I feel encouraged to want to go further and learn more with every passing week. It is an honor to be able to take this class and learn from such an extraordinary professor. Thank you for making this available to us!

By Pramath M

Sep 11, 2017

Great execution of a diverse range of materials, simple to understand and moving at a good pace. The only (small) consideration is the nature of how the content is given, namely; listing grammar each week to learn. However, given the nature of the platform, this is not something that can easily be solved - so five stars!

By Angie M C

Jun 3, 2020

这个课太好了!我喜欢了,恭喜了!我不久想去中国,但中国在很远!我想去中国继续学习中文!我太兴奋!谢谢你!。。。if you know how could I apply for next level chinese lessons I would appreciate it, or if you know how could I apply for scholarships to study at a distance please write to me, I'm from colombia and is too far away, but I love 中文! 我的电邮: angiemercadoching@gmail.com

By Jennifer W

Apr 27, 2020

Made learning complex material much more enjoyable! I learned so much and enjoyed it. The teacher is very sweet and works hard at getting you to understand. She is also very intelligent. They say if you cant explain something in simple terms you dont know it. She explains very very well! I am thankful for this course!

By christine l g

Oct 9, 2016

superbe possibilité d'apprendre quelques base de chinois. Les sonorités sont tres nouvelles pour moi, mais le cours est très bien fait et très clair, cela m'incite à continuer. Je serais très heureuse de pouvoir reconnaitre et apprendre quelques phrases de la vie courante

merci beaucoup pour cet excellent mooc

christine

By ITZEL T Z

Aug 16, 2020

I absolutely recommend this course. The teacher is great at explaining, she makes it very easy for you to understand the basics of this language. The lenght of the videos is good because they're neither too short nor too long, the topics are entertaining and the difficulty of the tests is the appropiate to the level.

By Kelly

Oct 17, 2015

I'm so sad that this course is complete! This was a wonderful class with a very good instructor whose logical and gentle approach made learning easy! I would highly recommend making additional courses in Chinese language. Luckily, there is a class in Chinese characters available, but I would love to see Xiaoyu Liu!

By Juan P T

Jul 28, 2020

Generally good course for beginners, can be easily followed especially for busy people. Topics are well structured and focused on the pronunciation too. Maybe need only at least a peer-reviewed assginment to verify our understanding on some, if not all, of the topics mentioned to further enhance our learning. 谢谢你!

By Julie

Nov 13, 2019

I have really enjoyed learning Chinese everyday with this course. It's been clear and easy to understand and a pleasure to watch the videos/take the quizzes! Thank you so much for a wonderful introduction-I am looking forward to starting your next course and learning lots more, before I move to Shanghai next year!

By phanchitru

Apr 24, 2018

Thanks a million, Dr. Xiaoyu Liu for a very condensed course that covers basic daily conversations. The course not only brings beginners fundamental conversation sentence structures with simple vocabulary but also very clear pronunciation and intonation, accompanied with an enthusiastic delivery manner. Thank you!

By Emerson C D

Jun 7, 2017

Maravilhoso curso em Chines / Mandarim. Apesar ser ministrado no idioma Inglês, a instrutora apresentou de forma clara e de fácil compreensão.

Gostei muito da forma de ser alertado quanto as tarefas a serem atingidas, pois me auxiliou na execução e entrega em tempo hábil.

Muito obrigado equipe Coursera e Liú Xiaoyu!

By Konda S

Jun 1, 2020

I found this course very useful and interesting. I mean, it was difficult for me in the first week of this course. However, I began to understood that Chinese is something that should be learned with these three aspects: Interest, Patience and Concentration. Then onwards, I started doing very well in this course.

By Galina Y

Mar 10, 2018

Thank you for providing me such a wonderful possibility to study Chinese!!! It's awesome thats now I can say standart and so important things in it!

I didn't purchaise the course, because I just like to study languages, that are "difficult" for others. Its a kind of hobby :)

Wish you luck in all of your beginnings

By hsuzin h

Sep 15, 2020

This is a great course. The teacher is very good at teaching. Students are able to answer quizzes through watching lecture videos. And there are also extended exercises and reading to practice more. The teaching is with pictures ,so we can easily remember what the word is. I recommend you to attend this course.

By Pathaimas S

Apr 29, 2020

I love this course, it helped me improve my Chinese communication skill.

I've learned to pronounce correctly and read in pinyin as well.

Each video is pretty short and easy to catch up.

Teacher is very great, her pronunciation to each word is very clear both in Chinese and English.

Thank you very much! Xie xie!

By MIGUEL A R S

Aug 2, 2020

Muchas gracias realmente es muy fácil de comprender, la metodología que se utiliza es acorde con el nivel de comprensión en el nivel básico que nos encontramos, ademas las practicas hacen de ello una experiencia única, practicar en casa con mi familia me ha ayudado a dar mayor fluidez respecto a lo aprendido.

By Tiziana G

May 7, 2017

Teacher is great. With her calm and kind voice, she makes chinese so easy to pronounce. The course is very well structured and flexible. It covers all basic topics for a beginner in very short time and effort. It also gives the opportunity to practise more if you are so lucky to have time to do it. Thank you!

By Mirela K

May 5, 2020

This course is good for beginners. They teach you all the necessary things without making it hard for you. After this course, I can talk on different topics, not only about my family and hobbies but also how to communicate while shopping and how to explain how I feel in case I am sick. I highly recommend it.

By Jennifer M M

Jul 14, 2020

I had to speed as usual but it was a fantastic experience. I would like to do a course with a Japanese lady that looks like my mother, it would be the best way to hook people to learn a language. I enjoyed very much with this chinese lady, she was marvellous. congratulations to the coursera team and to her.

By Liliana

Aug 18, 2020

Me gustó mucho este curso, tenía un conocimiento nulo del idioma, aunque si bien aun no me creo capaz de comunicarme de forma oral, si soy capaz de comprender oraciones escritas, aprendí vocabulario, puedo identificar palabras en una conversación. Me gustó tanto el idioma que continuo aprendiéndolo.

gracias