Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

PP

Apr 25, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

SA

Jun 17, 2020

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

126 - 150 of 3,330 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Juan P T

Jul 28, 2020

Generally good course for beginners, can be easily followed especially for busy people. Topics are well structured and focused on the pronunciation too. Maybe need only at least a peer-reviewed assginment to verify our understanding on some, if not all, of the topics mentioned to further enhance our learning. 谢谢你!

By Julie

Nov 13, 2019

I have really enjoyed learning Chinese everyday with this course. It's been clear and easy to understand and a pleasure to watch the videos/take the quizzes! Thank you so much for a wonderful introduction-I am looking forward to starting your next course and learning lots more, before I move to Shanghai next year!

By phanchitru

Apr 24, 2018

Thanks a million, Dr. Xiaoyu Liu for a very condensed course that covers basic daily conversations. The course not only brings beginners fundamental conversation sentence structures with simple vocabulary but also very clear pronunciation and intonation, accompanied with an enthusiastic delivery manner. Thank you!

By Emerson C D

Jun 07, 2017

Maravilhoso curso em Chines / Mandarim. Apesar ser ministrado no idioma Inglês, a instrutora apresentou de forma clara e de fácil compreensão.

Gostei muito da forma de ser alertado quanto as tarefas a serem atingidas, pois me auxiliou na execução e entrega em tempo hábil.

Muito obrigado equipe Coursera e Liú Xiaoyu!

By Konda S

Jun 01, 2020

I found this course very useful and interesting. I mean, it was difficult for me in the first week of this course. However, I began to understood that Chinese is something that should be learned with these three aspects: Interest, Patience and Concentration. Then onwards, I started doing very well in this course.

By Galina Y

Mar 10, 2018

Thank you for providing me such a wonderful possibility to study Chinese!!! It's awesome thats now I can say standart and so important things in it!

I didn't purchaise the course, because I just like to study languages, that are "difficult" for others. Its a kind of hobby :)

Wish you luck in all of your beginnings

By Pathaimas S

Apr 29, 2020

I love this course, it helped me improve my Chinese communication skill.

I've learned to pronounce correctly and read in pinyin as well.

Each video is pretty short and easy to catch up.

Teacher is very great, her pronunciation to each word is very clear both in Chinese and English.

Thank you very much! Xie xie!

By MIGUEL A R S

Aug 03, 2020

Muchas gracias realmente es muy fácil de comprender, la metodología que se utiliza es acorde con el nivel de comprensión en el nivel básico que nos encontramos, ademas las practicas hacen de ello una experiencia única, practicar en casa con mi familia me ha ayudado a dar mayor fluidez respecto a lo aprendido.

By Tiziana G

May 07, 2017

Teacher is great. With her calm and kind voice, she makes chinese so easy to pronounce. The course is very well structured and flexible. It covers all basic topics for a beginner in very short time and effort. It also gives the opportunity to practise more if you are so lucky to have time to do it. Thank you!

By Mirela K

May 05, 2020

This course is good for beginners. They teach you all the necessary things without making it hard for you. After this course, I can talk on different topics, not only about my family and hobbies but also how to communicate while shopping and how to explain how I feel in case I am sick. I highly recommend it.

By Jennifer M M

Jul 14, 2020

I had to speed as usual but it was a fantastic experience. I would like to do a course with a Japanese lady that looks like my mother, it would be the best way to hook people to learn a language. I enjoyed very much with this chinese lady, she was marvellous. congratulations to the coursera team and to her.

By Fendi

Aug 20, 2015

Great videos, awesome explanations, amazing background history, fun ad libs, and professionally done!! I am looking forward to sharing my new skills and hopefully taking all subsequent courses offered in this series. She has ignited my desire/excitement to learn Chinese! Where is course 2 already?!?!??! :)

By Agnes C

Jun 08, 2020

I have learned a lot from the course. I just hope that I was able to submit the activities and exercises I did. And someone will check the grammar/structure of my sentences.

The review quizzes are quite short, some of the test are not more than ten items. Looking forward for another free lessons. Thank you

By Eugenia V

Aug 14, 2016

One should keep in mind that the course is only a guidance. It is way not enough to achieve any fluency. But it is a good starting point. The teacher is charming, and the vocabulary you are going to learn is really useful in many real life situations. Just keep practicing independently as much as you can!

By Tamura

Apr 06, 2020

This course is exactly what i’m looking for. Learn chinese without chinese alphabet, this might sounds strange but I gain much more when I study any language by learn how to speak first. Finally, I would like to thank you my teacher, Liu laoshi, for the best chinese learning experience ever! xiexie ni 🥰

By Vijayanand S

Chinese is a wonderful yet a hard language to learn for a non native speaker. But this course has been designed in such a way that, anyone who has zero exposure about the Chinese language and culture, can truly gain confidence to learn and use short Chinese phrases in daily routine. Highly recommended.

By Huyen N N

Apr 04, 2020

This course is beginner-friendly, very easy to understand and learn. The instructor has an amazing voice with clear pronunciation in both Chinese and English. The course covers a wide range of conversational topics that are familiar and useful in daily life. Thank you very much for a fantastic program!

By Nguyễn T H

Aug 04, 2020

The course is very helpful to me. I have learned some basic Chinese for communication purposes. The topics are really popular and familiar with learners. I really like the teacher's method, voice, and speed, which I found suitable for beginners. The course helps me interested more in learning Chinese.

By Luis E F

Muy buen curso, siempre pensé que aprender Chino sería muy difícil, inclusive lo básico y este curso me ayudó a superar mis límites y querer ahora si, aprender aún mejor y más Chino, para de esta manera poder visitar China y conocer más de esta cultura extraordinaria. Muchas gracias a la profesora!

By Rashmi

Jun 20, 2018

Best course for a beginner, I have begun communicating in Chinese these days with the locals, and tend to understand better. Just a suggestion: pronunciation of the initials and finals could be taught with equivalent examples from English language, since that is the only challenge that i faced here

By Mohamed A J

Nov 03, 2019

It is one of the best courses ever taken. It has lots of good example and simple ways of explaining. It is the best training for beginners to learn Chinese. I like it so much and especially the short quizzes after each section helped to learn the language. Thanks for having this treasure overhear.

By Ernesto N S

Oct 28, 2016

This course is very elementary and provides you with all tools you need to start learning Chinese for good. The material is very well structured and after these basics, especially in pronouncing, i am confident that i am able to move forward to the next level. Thank you for such an amazing course!

By Ahmad S N

Apr 25, 2020

Hi, I found this course so informative. The contents are truly fruitful. I recommend all the Chinese beginners to take this instructive course in order to learn the Chinese basics. I sincerely thank to all the team who have provided this amazing platform.

Best regards,

Ahmad Shah Nawazy

Afghanistan

By Emma

Feb 11, 2018

The course was really nice and easy to understand. I think it might have been better if it would have gone a little bit faster. There is so much vocabulary and it is so well explained by professor Xiaoyu Liu. I would highly recommend this course for anyone willing learn some useful basic phrases.

By Abida

Oct 30, 2016

i thought that learning this language would be difficult but this website makes it just so easy and fun to learn.

I just absolutely love this website,i really recomend this ypo people who are very low on studies or to people who want learn more.

This is a very,very,very good website,one of the bast