Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

SA

Jun 17, 2020

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

176 - 200 of 3,146 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By VALENTINA C

Jun 23, 2020

The course is amazing! thank you for this opportunity and the collaboration with Catania university. In the first time i was afraid to start it, because we know the chinese language is difficult!! but with the course i learned many words and helpful expression . Enjoy it!

By Emily Q

Apr 15, 2020

This course is good for anyone looking to learn how to speak simple Chinese. It's very thorough without going into too much detail. The phrases you learn will be helpful if you plan to travel to a Chinese speaking country or to make conversation. Thank you for the class!

By Thao D

Jun 04, 2020

The course is nicely designed for busy learners with very little or even no Chinese background knowledge. Within few weeks of fun learning, I am equipped with many popular vocabulary and useful sentences/ phrases for basic daily communication. Many thanks to Coursera!

By Malu C

Aug 11, 2016

I loved the course! Xiao Liu is an excellent teacher. She pronounces slowly and clear which makes all lessons easy to understand and follow. The additional material provided in each lesson is very helpful for practicing before answering the quizzes and submitting the

By C-na N

Sep 08, 2015

I found this lesson so valuable! I love how the video teach me and I've gained some new words in Chinese as well as using phrase.

I hope there are more Chinese lessons as well as other languages!

Thanks for having it online so that we can study when we have free time!

By Pelin D

Dec 24, 2019

It is a good course to start learning Chinese I think, I was afraid of difficulties in pronouncing Chinese but I believe this course helped me to get used to spoken Chinese. Now I am planning to continue with Chinese learning, thanks to the course and the lecturer!

By NAZAKAT A A K

May 13, 2017

That is very nice experience for learning Chinese for beginners. hope so we should have such courses with extended models, for HSK-Level2,3,4,5 respectively in Near Future, Regards, Khoso, Nazakat Ali,

PhD Scholar at Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, Hangzhou P.R.China

By Kleyton R W P

Jul 09, 2020

O curso é excelente e contribui bastante para ter uma noção básica da língua, falar coisas básicas, como apresentar-se, família, comida, rotina diária, entre outros vocabulários e diálogos. Achei maravilhoso e pretendo continuar os estudos sobre a língua chinesa.

By Md. S

Jul 15, 2020

This course was very simple and straightforward. And our teacher has been able to explain the utterances very clearly. As a result, this course has become useful for everyone. I would like to thank the course authorities for making this course easy for everyone.

By Sally R

Dec 11, 2015

The vocabulary was adult and useful.

I liked the amount of repetition; the beginner has a chance to actually hear spoken Chinese.

I also liked the short sentences. A beginner can't be expected to learn long discourses, especially in a tonal language like Chinese.

By Ammar M K

May 06, 2020

Great course! It Gave me a good start and now I am very motivated to continue my journey in learning the Chinese language.

However you may need to study the pinyin pronunciation rules first before having this course since it doesn't explain it in great details.

By Lazar

Aug 14, 2015

It was an awesome experience! I would totally recommend anyone to join in/enrol in the course. The professor is understandable, both English and Chinese. Useful phrases and sentences, while sentences are also covered during the course, as well as the dialogue.

By PRAPADSUANG T

This course is good for beginner. Short and easy to understand. Don't need to deeply know all chinese language but know chinese in the situation of the daily life. It's really can use! It's good basic for learning more. Thanks Teacher and all teams. :) 谢谢老师!

By khawla A

Jul 18, 2019

my firs language is Arabic and I took some English in school and university , this course was easy to understand the teacher is good , I would recommend this to anyone with no experience in this language . grateful for everyone who made this course possible

By Wilsen W

Mar 25, 2018

It was a great experience. Thank you for sharing the basic of Chinese.

But I hope you can also include some Chinese character. I understand that you might not want to confuse some participants but I think it is very important to learn some Chinese characters

By Grace K

Mar 24, 2020

Easy to complete, instructor speaks clearly with a lot of helpful repetition to help with speaking. She also points out common misunderstandings in pronunciation and spelling. I recommend taking this course, especially for pronunciation guidance. Xiexie ni!

By Olga V

Oct 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. Professionally done and very well structured. Never boring or too much info for a single week. Just perfect for my busy schedule. Thanks a lot! I've had my introduction to Chinese and will most likely further pursue this study.

By Nikola S

Great course with very practical content.

Mrs. Xiaoyu Liu is a great teacher with awesome english and learning skills, excercises were very usefull and I already learned a lot from this course. I am looking forward to use these experiences in the future.

By Martha L A M

Sep 04, 2019

Increíble! Un curso que contrariamente a lo que imaginaba me pareció muy bien explicado e interesante con un método que te atrapa hasta finalizar. Te aporta palabras importantes que te introducen a un idioma que jamás imaginé poder entender. Felicidades!

By Jaime C

Jun 28, 2020

Very complete and profitable course. I achieved what I wanted. One can learn very valuable stuff if true dedication is put into the course. In the end, I realized that learning Chinese was easier than I thought. And thanks to Xiaoyu Liu, a great teacher.

By Milca G

Jun 01, 2020

Recomiendo ampliamente este curso.

Los videos de aprendizaje duran menos de 5 minutos y la actitud de Xiaoyu Liu facilitan la compresión de los temas a tratar.

Sin duda alguna esta es la mejor manera para aprender una lengua extranjera de alta importancia.

By Warunya P

May 14, 2020

I learned lot of Chinese words from this course . I think this course is suitable for the beginner and Who have learn Chinese before also . I can review my Chinese skill from this course. You Just spend a bit time to study . Thank you teacher. xiexie

By Harshal M

Apr 04, 2018

Good course for complete beginners.

Although i would suggest more explanation for measure words. More examples will also help.

Having said that, thaks once again for all your efforts. I look forward to learning more advanced chinese courses in the future.

By Domingo C S

Jun 04, 2017

Me encantó que el curso sea tan simple para gente que no tiene noción de chino, aunque en las últimas "lectures" no escribian todo lo que aparece en la pantalla, así que tenía que ver la transcripción para entender o saber algunas cosas que entiendo.

By DR B B

Apr 25, 2020

I am very much excited that I have learned one of the sweetest and oldest language of the world. The course is excellent and very well- organised. The instructor is outstanding. Her voice is very clear, she is a well presenterband a great speaker.