Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

PP

Apr 25, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

SA

Jun 17, 2020

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

201 - 225 of 3,291 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Jaime C

Jun 28, 2020

Very complete and profitable course. I achieved what I wanted. One can learn very valuable stuff if true dedication is put into the course. In the end, I realized that learning Chinese was easier than I thought. And thanks to Xiaoyu Liu, a great teacher.

By Milca G

Jun 01, 2020

Recomiendo ampliamente este curso.

Los videos de aprendizaje duran menos de 5 minutos y la actitud de Xiaoyu Liu facilitan la compresión de los temas a tratar.

Sin duda alguna esta es la mejor manera para aprender una lengua extranjera de alta importancia.

By Warunya P

May 14, 2020

I learned lot of Chinese words from this course . I think this course is suitable for the beginner and Who have learn Chinese before also . I can review my Chinese skill from this course. You Just spend a bit time to study . Thank you teacher. xiexie

By Harshal M

Apr 04, 2018

Good course for complete beginners.

Although i would suggest more explanation for measure words. More examples will also help.

Having said that, thaks once again for all your efforts. I look forward to learning more advanced chinese courses in the future.

By Domingo C S

Jun 04, 2017

Me encantó que el curso sea tan simple para gente que no tiene noción de chino, aunque en las últimas "lectures" no escribian todo lo que aparece en la pantalla, así que tenía que ver la transcripción para entender o saber algunas cosas que entiendo.

By DR B B

Apr 25, 2020

I am very much excited that I have learned one of the sweetest and oldest language of the world. The course is excellent and very well- organised. The instructor is outstanding. Her voice is very clear, she is a well presenterband a great speaker.

By Monica H

May 09, 2020

Wow! Professor Xiaoyu Liu was amazing!!!! Recommended!!

I really enjoyed her calmness and subtle friendliness in her class, now that I finished all the seven weeks content I am really going to miss studying with her.

Xiexie laoshi, wo hen xihuan! :D

By Carosio C

Apr 14, 2020

Great course with a great teacher! I enjoyed each lesson a lot, the teaching rythm is perfect for beginners and the pinyin writing helps if you are not familiar with chinese symbols. Thank you for making my first steps in Chinese such a great fun!

By Brenda J N A

Jul 10, 2019

Me gusto mucho este curso porque tuve la oportunidad de poner en practica mis habilidades auditivas. Ademas , el uso de imágenes y el reuso de palabras de lecciones anteriores hicieron posible que recordara el vocabulario de manera mas eficiente.

By Rakhshi T

Oct 08, 2017

This was very well designed and helpful course. I enjoyed learning Chinese with the teacher. However, i felt that quizzes were easy and they should be a little more challenging. Thanks a lot for providing us with the opportunity to learn it free.

By Nambajimana J d D

Jan 03, 2018

Firstly, I would like to thank those who established this website and the one who prepare this program, I have learned more and more, this time I can speak Chinese, communicate with people. Actually, I can do a lot of things because of Coursera.

By Nicolas S

Apr 30, 2017

This is an excellent foundation course for beginners. Prof Xiaoyu Liu has a clear pronunciation and a great pedagogy. Many thanks for this wonderful course! I highly recommend this course for everyone who want to begin learning Mandarin Chinese.

By Daniel S

Jul 30, 2019

This course had a good pace and covered several useful topics. The instructor also explained new words/characters when introducing a new sentence or phrase, which is nice to know - as opposed to just explaining the meaning of the new phrase.

By Karime A C

Mar 20, 2018

It was a really good courses, Xiaoyu Liu is an amazing teacher she explain you everything as best as possible. was a really good method of teaching, easy to learn, to been motivate and to practice. I cant wait to start the next course. Xiexie

By Mª D C S R P

Oct 25, 2016

Muy práctico e interesante. Perfecto para introducirte en este idioma y aunque sea básico, creo que aprendes muchas cosas que son muy útiles para al menos mantener una conversación sencilla para poderte desenvolver en Chino. Muy recomendable.

By Khushi K P

Jun 05, 2020

A really good course! The professor is engaging and easy to understand. Every word of every line is explained. Even the difficult sounds are easy to pick up when you move forward in the course. One of my favourite courses ever. Thanks a lot!

By Christos A

Apr 20, 2020

It was really amazing! The very last part includes the chinese symbols that you've learned to say during this course along with their pronunciation and their tonemarks (pinyin),so now I'm trying to learn how to write each word I've learnt!!!

By Erin B

Feb 22, 2020

Excellent course. I learned many new things including lots of new vocabulary words. The instructor also did a great job giving pronunciation and grammar tips. I feel more confident as I continue my self study portion of learning Chinese.

By Svetlana P

Mar 19, 2018

I liked the course very much. I get confused with characters but since this course doesn't have them it was a lot easier for me to participate. Love that lectures are short and sweet and quizzes are right on the ball! Great learning videos!

By Aimée G F

Jun 21, 2020

I really like this curse. The 老师 voice is so calm and she explains everything in a way you can understand it. The quizzes were amazing, because even if we're not learning 汉字you can get the pinyin and also the listening part. Thank you, 加油!

By Artyom A

Jun 03, 2020

I did enjoy the course. I knew around 70% of words already, but still it was very useful and I improved my pronunciation, reviewed the old words, and learnt some new expressions, too. I am going to take more courses from Peking University.

By Olivia C

Oct 03, 2019

Very clear, systematic and useful for beginners to the language. For additional challenge, the student can attempt to write out the chinese text as the lecturer is speaking in the video. Or translate the pinyin into chinese character text.

By Amanda R Y

Apr 04, 2020

您好!I learned a lot from this course. The teacher was very good in organizing this course. She teaches useful words for travels to China or small talk with those who speak Mandarin in a way that it is easy to understand and remember. 很多谢谢!

By Rosario C A

Jul 23, 2020

A great course to gain some insight into the basics of the Chinese language. The instructor teaches at a slow pace and is very easy to understand so that the student is able to repeat the pronunciation properly.

Thank you, Professor Liu!

By Supannee S

May 05, 2020

course on Chinese speaking. In this class, I will introduce you to basic phonetics and daily expressions.After taking this class, you will have a basic understanding of Chinese Mandarin and make basic conversations of daily

Good luck!