Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

PP
Apr 24, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

226 - 250 of 3,970 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By khawla a

Jul 18, 2019

my firs language is Arabic and I took some English in school and university , this course was easy to understand the teacher is good , I would recommend this to anyone with no experience in this language . grateful for everyone who made this course possible

By Wilsen W

Mar 25, 2018

It was a great experience. Thank you for sharing the basic of Chinese.

But I hope you can also include some Chinese character. I understand that you might not want to confuse some participants but I think it is very important to learn some Chinese characters

By Grace K

Mar 24, 2020

Easy to complete, instructor speaks clearly with a lot of helpful repetition to help with speaking. She also points out common misunderstandings in pronunciation and spelling. I recommend taking this course, especially for pronunciation guidance. Xiexie ni!

By Olga V

Oct 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. Professionally done and very well structured. Never boring or too much info for a single week. Just perfect for my busy schedule. Thanks a lot! I've had my introduction to Chinese and will most likely further pursue this study.

By Nicole S

Dec 17, 2020

Such an amazing course, I'm feeling so good for taking the chinese classes, and being productive during the 2020 quarantine, finding coursera was the best, I will continue learning chinese, and it will be an amazing skill for my future, THANK YOU COURSERA.

By Nikola S

Great course with very practical content.

Mrs. Xiaoyu Liu is a great teacher with awesome english and learning skills, excercises were very usefull and I already learned a lot from this course. I am looking forward to use these experiences in the future.

By Martha L A M

Sep 3, 2019

Increíble! Un curso que contrariamente a lo que imaginaba me pareció muy bien explicado e interesante con un método que te atrapa hasta finalizar. Te aporta palabras importantes que te introducen a un idioma que jamás imaginé poder entender. Felicidades!

By Jaime C

Jun 28, 2020

Very complete and profitable course. I achieved what I wanted. One can learn very valuable stuff if true dedication is put into the course. In the end, I realized that learning Chinese was easier than I thought. And thanks to Xiaoyu Liu, a great teacher.

By Milca G

Jun 1, 2020

Recomiendo ampliamente este curso.

Los videos de aprendizaje duran menos de 5 minutos y la actitud de Xiaoyu Liu facilitan la compresión de los temas a tratar.

Sin duda alguna esta es la mejor manera para aprender una lengua extranjera de alta importancia.

By Ksenia R

Sep 18, 2020

Me encantó el curso, la profesora explica muy bien, es muy cortés y amable. Fue un verdadero placer de estudiar Chino. Me hubiese gustado conocer más pronombres personales y conocer algunos símbolos de escritura. Muchas gracias a Coursera por ese curso.

By Warunya P

May 14, 2020

I learned lot of Chinese words from this course . I think this course is suitable for the beginner and Who have learn Chinese before also . I can review my Chinese skill from this course. You Just spend a bit time to study . Thank you teacher. xiexie

By Harshal M

Apr 4, 2018

Good course for complete beginners.

Although i would suggest more explanation for measure words. More examples will also help.

Having said that, thaks once again for all your efforts. I look forward to learning more advanced chinese courses in the future.

By Kumar

Aug 26, 2020

I am very happy with this seven weeks online program. You go slowly to understand well, I think this is good way in teaching to the foreigners. I am very glad that I got a chance to learn from you dear mam. Thank you so much for your efforts and time.

By Patricio A

Oct 22, 2020

Thank you! for the professionalism throughout the course. I send you a great love. I am infinitely grateful for all the knowledge that you added to my Pekin University !!! They really gave me a new look at my ability to learn and transmit knowledge.

By Domingo C S

Jun 4, 2017

Me encantó que el curso sea tan simple para gente que no tiene noción de chino, aunque en las últimas "lectures" no escribian todo lo que aparece en la pantalla, así que tenía que ver la transcripción para entender o saber algunas cosas que entiendo.

By Naysla T T C

Sep 6, 2020

it was very gratefully to learn about china and chineese languaje in this way, it was a great introduction, now i want to learn more, thanks a lot, i thougt that it was a very very dificult languaje, but im not afraid anymore thanks to this course.

By Thando'luhle T T

Aug 17, 2020

The lectures were fun and easy to understand. I did find some difficulty in pronunciations, however, the quizzes helped with that as well as the explanations given by the lecturer. Thank you so much for making the Chinese language amazing to learn!

By DR B B

Apr 25, 2020

I am very much excited that I have learned one of the sweetest and oldest language of the world. The course is excellent and very well- organised. The instructor is outstanding. Her voice is very clear, she is a well presenterband a great speaker.

By Luiz H N

Sep 9, 2020

I liked it so much! The teacher helped me with a lot of expressions and structures in the Chinese language. The course do not have topics in grammar, but we can see the structures and order of the words as we study the concepts. That is very kind!

By Monica H

May 9, 2020

Wow! Professor Xiaoyu Liu was amazing!!!! Recommended!!

I really enjoyed her calmness and subtle friendliness in her class, now that I finished all the seven weeks content I am really going to miss studying with her.

Xiexie laoshi, wo hen xihuan! :D

By Carosio C

Apr 14, 2020

Great course with a great teacher! I enjoyed each lesson a lot, the teaching rythm is perfect for beginners and the pinyin writing helps if you are not familiar with chinese symbols. Thank you for making my first steps in Chinese such a great fun!

By Brenda N

Jul 9, 2019

Me gusto mucho este curso porque tuve la oportunidad de poner en practica mis habilidades auditivas. Ademas , el uso de imágenes y el reuso de palabras de lecciones anteriores hicieron posible que recordara el vocabulario de manera mas eficiente.

By Rakhshi T

Oct 8, 2017

This was very well designed and helpful course. I enjoyed learning Chinese with the teacher. However, i felt that quizzes were easy and they should be a little more challenging. Thanks a lot for providing us with the opportunity to learn it free.

By Nambajimana J d D

Jan 2, 2018

Firstly, I would like to thank those who established this website and the one who prepare this program, I have learned more and more, this time I can speak Chinese, communicate with people. Actually, I can do a lot of things because of Coursera.

By Nicolas S

Apr 30, 2017

This is an excellent foundation course for beginners. Prof Xiaoyu Liu has a clear pronunciation and a great pedagogy. Many thanks for this wonderful course! I highly recommend this course for everyone who want to begin learning Mandarin Chinese.