Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

151 - 175 of 4,648 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Sebastian E M

Mar 19, 2020

Hola,

quiero antes que nada agradecer por el curso.

Soy de Argentina y he realizado este curso con éxito. La profesora es muy simpática, el contenido es muy bueno.

Jamás habia experimentado con el idioma chino y la verdad es que te hacen sentir muy a gusto. Quiero seguir aprendiendo y todo se lo debo a ustedes.

Xiéxié,

Záijián

By Tania T L

Sep 27, 2016

¡Me ha encantado! Lo más complicado para los españoles será la pronunciación de tonos y consonantes, pero se hace muy ameno y cortito. Tuve que hacerlo en un par de semanas/tres porque no me daba tiempo con la universidad y no hubo ningún problema. Lo recomiendo, sin duda, a quien le interese tener nociones básicas de chino.

By Mariam Y A M

Dec 16, 2016

Very useful for beginners. she speaks very slow and keeps repeating the words until you get it. I really recommend this course for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese. I wish they offer free certificate for the ones who complete the course. Anyway, I hope to see more courses from this university to learn more Chinese

By Maria S M

Oct 3, 2021

It is a great course but it is quite disappointing to receive the certificate and read that it has no credit. It should not state this because it gives the sense that it has no value. Even if it has not credit it should be written differently; for example, that we have satisfatorily completed with the course requirements.

By Christopher M

Jun 6, 2017

Although I come from a Chinese-speaking family, I've never been able to pronounce things correctly. While I understand Chinese, I generally reply with English. This was my first Chinese course, and it has greatly improved my ability to communicate with people like my grandparents who have difficulty understanding English.

By Christyn C

Feb 10, 2016

I enjoy this class very much. The instructor is very informative, patient, and easy to learn from from. I feel encouraged to want to go further and learn more with every passing week. It is an honor to be able to take this class and learn from such an extraordinary professor. Thank you for making this available to us!

By Miguel A M Z

Sep 11, 2021

Es un buen curso para iniciar a aprender chino. El único problema que le veo es que no hay explicaciones gramaticales. Al final, sí, terminas hablando, pero a través de un "analfabetismo" gramatical que creo no es positivo para ninguna lengua. Haré el segundo nivel, espero encontrar más explicaciones gramaticales. 谢谢,老师。

By NHUNG N T

Jun 17, 2021

this course is very useful, she teaches very slowly and easy to listen to, easy to understand. Very suitable for beginners. If I have the opportunity to come to China, I will definitely practice speaking Chinese with them. That's very useful. Thank you to the teachers of Beijing University for creating this useful course

By Pramath M

Sep 11, 2017

Great execution of a diverse range of materials, simple to understand and moving at a good pace. The only (small) consideration is the nature of how the content is given, namely; listing grammar each week to learn. However, given the nature of the platform, this is not something that can easily be solved - so five stars!

By Angie M C

Jun 3, 2020

这个课太好了!我喜欢了,恭喜了!我不久想去中国,但中国在很远!我想去中国继续学习中文!我太兴奋!谢谢你!。。。if you know how could I apply for next level chinese lessons I would appreciate it, or if you know how could I apply for scholarships to study at a distance please write to me, I'm from colombia and is too far away, but I love 中文! 我的电邮: angiemercadoching@gmail.com

By Jennifer W

Apr 28, 2020

Made learning complex material much more enjoyable! I learned so much and enjoyed it. The teacher is very sweet and works hard at getting you to understand. She is also very intelligent. They say if you cant explain something in simple terms you dont know it. She explains very very well! I am thankful for this course!

By christine l g

Oct 9, 2016

superbe possibilité d'apprendre quelques base de chinois. Les sonorités sont tres nouvelles pour moi, mais le cours est très bien fait et très clair, cela m'incite à continuer. Je serais très heureuse de pouvoir reconnaitre et apprendre quelques phrases de la vie courante

merci beaucoup pour cet excellent mooc

christine

By ITZEL T Z

Aug 16, 2020

I absolutely recommend this course. The teacher is great at explaining, she makes it very easy for you to understand the basics of this language. The lenght of the videos is good because they're neither too short nor too long, the topics are entertaining and the difficulty of the tests is the appropiate to the level.

By KALLIOPI K

Jan 18, 2021

Τα μαθήματα ήταν εξαιρετικά! Είναι απίστευτο πόσα μπορείς να μάθεις μέσα σε 7 εβδομάδες. Το μάθημα γίνεται με τέτοιο τρόπο που δεν σου αφήνει απορίες. Η καθηγήτρια είναι κατανοητή και ευχάριστη! Πάντα ήθελα να μάθω Κινέζικα και είμαι ευγνώμων που μου δόθηκε η ευκαιρία. Θα συνεχίσω και στο επόμενο επίπεδο. Xiexie!!!

By Richard F

Sep 25, 2021

Very good course but one must take time to revise and study in order to progress to reach a level of learning which is right for you.

The chinese teacher was very good and easy to understand.

Maybe an insight into chinese charestors would have been good to, but as this is only beginners level perhaps not so relevent.

By Kelly

Oct 17, 2015

I'm so sad that this course is complete! This was a wonderful class with a very good instructor whose logical and gentle approach made learning easy! I would highly recommend making additional courses in Chinese language. Luckily, there is a class in Chinese characters available, but I would love to see Xiaoyu Liu!

By Juan P T

Jul 28, 2020

Generally good course for beginners, can be easily followed especially for busy people. Topics are well structured and focused on the pronunciation too. Maybe need only at least a peer-reviewed assginment to verify our understanding on some, if not all, of the topics mentioned to further enhance our learning. 谢谢你!

By Julie

Nov 13, 2019

I have really enjoyed learning Chinese everyday with this course. It's been clear and easy to understand and a pleasure to watch the videos/take the quizzes! Thank you so much for a wonderful introduction-I am looking forward to starting your next course and learning lots more, before I move to Shanghai next year!

By phanchitru

Apr 24, 2018

Thanks a million, Dr. Xiaoyu Liu for a very condensed course that covers basic daily conversations. The course not only brings beginners fundamental conversation sentence structures with simple vocabulary but also very clear pronunciation and intonation, accompanied with an enthusiastic delivery manner. Thank you!

By Emerson C D

Jun 7, 2017

Maravilhoso curso em Chines / Mandarim. Apesar ser ministrado no idioma Inglês, a instrutora apresentou de forma clara e de fácil compreensão.

Gostei muito da forma de ser alertado quanto as tarefas a serem atingidas, pois me auxiliou na execução e entrega em tempo hábil.

Muito obrigado equipe Coursera e Liú Xiaoyu!

By Konda S

Jun 1, 2020

I found this course very useful and interesting. I mean, it was difficult for me in the first week of this course. However, I began to understood that Chinese is something that should be learned with these three aspects: Interest, Patience and Concentration. Then onwards, I started doing very well in this course.

By Galina Y

Mar 10, 2018

Thank you for providing me such a wonderful possibility to study Chinese!!! It's awesome thats now I can say standart and so important things in it!

I didn't purchaise the course, because I just like to study languages, that are "difficult" for others. Its a kind of hobby :)

Wish you luck in all of your beginnings

By Thanchanok T

Nov 21, 2020

This course is good for people who are new to Chinese and want to learn Chinese language. Teaching at the basic; alphabet, pronunciation, etc. This course also have a lot of example in many situations so I can learn how to apply and communicate in Chinese, Quiz in every unit makes me remember words in each unit.

By hsuzin h

Sep 15, 2020

This is a great course. The teacher is very good at teaching. Students are able to answer quizzes through watching lecture videos. And there are also extended exercises and reading to practice more. The teaching is with pictures ,so we can easily remember what the word is. I recommend you to attend this course.

By Pathaimas S

Apr 29, 2020

I love this course, it helped me improve my Chinese communication skill.

I've learned to pronounce correctly and read in pinyin as well.

Each video is pretty short and easy to catch up.

Teacher is very great, her pronunciation to each word is very clear both in Chinese and English.

Thank you very much! Xie xie!