Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

4151 - 4175 of 4,182 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Eva T C

Oct 21, 2015

the classes are sometimes extremely boring and some things are not clearly explained

By Gorret F

Oct 12, 2015

A submission too complicate to learn chinese-Three submission is too reasonable.

By mayank m

Jan 13, 2016

good good fdsfdsfsjjfjnefvk ekjvbkvh brkh4 3vk vk4r vk4 kv k34v rk4r vg4 kv

By Carissa S

Mar 24, 2021

hard to understand for beginners

By Christian

Feb 17, 2016

Very basic, we need sequels

By LucasDeGrecia

Apr 12, 2020

very difficult

By Gloria N

Dec 10, 2020

boring.

By Carolyn D

Dec 27, 2020

This course for me was sadly frustrating as it did not seem to be tailored for a beginner. If you are tone deaf, you're really going to have problems as this language relies heavily on pitches and sounds. I found myself looking for outside sources like "children's video's" on You Tube and Duolingo to try to understand. I passed this course "Thank you Lawdy". If you sign up, just keep an open mind and stick with it. Breakthrough is sure to come. Maybe this is just the first step to unlock the door.

By TASHIA P J

The level that this class starts out is like teaching a toddler to speak Russian. I have no idea how to pronounce anything Chinese. This class kind of assumes you're familiar with the way the words sound. It's very difficult to begin. I have a language degree. If the language that studied started off like this, I wouldn't have studied it.

By Art S

Does not seem like a class for someone who has no exposure to the Chinese language. First tipoff should have been the question that asked if I had studied Chinese. It forced me to pick yes although I made several attempts to select no.

By John G

Feb 11, 2016

This is very basics hence getting a certificate is not valuable. I would consider getting a certificate, if it means something hence beyond a very basic crash course. The certification, should be, I can really use and means something.

By Benya C

Jun 17, 2020

My name in the certificate is not correct I just would like to change my name this name is correct Benya Christmas change for me please because I need to apply to the job Thank you so much

By Yanjuan F

Mar 15, 2021

I had purchased this course with a certificate but at the end I don't received my certificate. I don't recommend coursera to anyone.

By Martin B

Apr 3, 2021

I'd give no staqrs but not possible. How tf are you supposed to learn when the instructor dosn't give english instructgions

By Vrunda T

Dec 4, 2020

It doesn't give the logic, or easier ways to relate to English. just the translation and tone understanding

By Chanunchida P

May 4, 2020

i want a certificate for free now !

why my friends get certificate free but i have to pay ?

By Ivan L

Dec 14, 2015

Im not finishing it since in the test are missing a lot of sounds ..............

By Paola R

Apr 22, 2021

No logro tomar el curso en español,el video no deja ver subtitulos en español.

By Kimberly K

Mar 26, 2016

I'm not a conversational learner. I like to learn via the puzzle method.

By Latif M

Sep 28, 2015

Goes waaaay too fast to actually learn anything. Not very useful.

By Victoria C

Jun 17, 2020

There should be fun Chinese gamesbut this is boring.

By Sana A

Oct 6, 2015

not practical, some audio files are not working ...

By Pratham P

horrible cannot differentiate between tones

By Annashwa C

Aug 4, 2020

I didnt like the way she taught us

By Fielding I

Mar 15, 2021

Cannot unenroll from this course!