Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

PW
May 27, 2021

useful course for fundamental learners. Everyone can take this course easily.\n\nthe instructor gives me good teaching and more information.\n\nI can basically talk to Korean after finished the class.

RN
Oct 6, 2021

This course is really a great start to learn Korean language. It taught me Hangul, particles used, vocabularies and how sentences are made. Thank you to Professor Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University.

626 - 650 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By ANAKHA S

Apr 10, 2021

"First Step Korean" is really a good course in COURSERA. We don't feel bored Seunsengnim: SEUNG HAE KANG teaches us very simply and humbly😊,each classes contains pdf notes that's really helpful.also contains additional vocabularies so we can learn more words in Korean. Thank you 🙏🏻

By Glen A S

Feb 5, 2017

I would recommend First Step Korean to anyone wishing to know the basics of this fascinating language. Korean is a really cool East Asian language that shares lots of similarities with Japanese, I like how the script is unique and sets it apart from Mandarin and Japanese respectively.

By Lady K C C

Oct 28, 2020

Muy agradecida por la beca, quiero acceder a más cursos con ustedes, como lo exprese desde un principio me gusta estudiar idiomas. Fue de mucha ayuda para reforzar el coreano ya que tenia solo algún vocabulario en mi memoria por las novelas coreanas. Muchas Gracias Yonsei University.

By Larissa M O

Sep 25, 2020

Professor Kang explains really well. This whole introduction is a good step for everyone who wants to learn korean, you will be able to get the basics and evolve from there. For those who doesn't have english as native language like me, I was able to understand things pretty clearly.

By Ashlie A M R

Aug 10, 2020

ESTOY MUY FELIZ GRACIAS A ESTE CURSO YA PUEDO LEER PALABRAS EN COREANO Y PUEDO PRONUNCIAR, SEGUIR PRACTICANDO ARDUAMENTE. DE VERDAD ME GUSTA MUCHO LA CULTURA COREANA, TAMBIÉN AMO A BTS ES POR ESO QUE ELLOS ME INSPIRARÓN A APRENDER ESTE HERMOSO IDIOMA COMO ES EL COREANO.

MUCHAS GRACIAS

By Nurul I A

Prof. Kang explained each topics well, I like that she explained the syntax of Korean sentence structure and some pragmatics like honorifics too. It's my first Korean language class so I can't say for sure that I can interact in Korean language but I'm excited now I can read Hangeul!

By BrendaFC

May 14, 2020

I was looking for a course that let me fully experience a type of presence course. So I'm really happy to been able to take this one. I can slightly read more hangul and some things that i've been learning helped me more to confidently speak now. I'm beyond happy. Thank you so much.

By Wendy M F

Oct 29, 2019

Me gustó bastante. Me hubiera encantado poder ser corregida en mi pronunciación, pero es obvio que por el tipo de curso no se puede, pero lo demás muy bien. Lo bueno, al ser vídeos, es que aunque no tengo a la profe para hacerle preguntas, puedo devolverme para escucharla nuevamente.

By 리사

Jul 4, 2019

I am well above this level of Korean but it was a really helpful and useful way to brush up on my Korean. I would recommend this free online course to anyone interested in learning Korean but also those who just want to get some practice in even if you're at a higher level of Korean.

By Mimi A

Oct 30, 2021

​As a visual learner, this was easily one of the best courses for me. I'm a college student and the courses were very easy for me to learn and finish in a timely manner. I hope to go to Yonsei one day and strengthen my Korean skills. This was amazing and the teacher is great. 고맙습니다!

By May

Jun 8, 2021

This course was really helpful and I definitely think that I have improved my grammar in conversations, my level in Korean is much higher than this course and I knew most of the words however this course helped to practice and get better at grammar structure and conversation skills.

By Angie P S G

Apr 7, 2021

Muy buen curso muy practico...gracias por la oportunidad de aprender este hermosos idioma , aun falta un poco los subtítulos en español pero aun así esta muy bien explicado, además me gusta el método de los cuestionario después de cada lección ya que hace que uno repase lo aprendido

By Victoria A R C

Apr 5, 2021

Es un curso que me sorprendió por ser tan completo. Traté en varios sitios y apps pero no encontré un lugar en donde me explicaran tan bien y pudiera entender las bases del idioma hasta que por fin comencé este curso. Es muy completo al incluir escuchar, hablar y escribir. ¡Gracias!

By Srishti S

Feb 16, 2021

THE Korean language was taught in a way that it was interesting and valuable. i have tried many times learning languages, but ended up quitting it. But this course was different, as the way teacher explained was way too awesome. Thankyou so much, for helping me learn a new language.

By Kianna J

Oct 25, 2020

I enjoyed the videos. But I especially enjoyed the pdf files that were given for review. They helped me while I was studying for the quizzes. The files will continue to aid me while learning the language. I cannot wait to take another Korean course from Yonsei University. Thank you!

By FJ S

Oct 22, 2020

Thank you so much ! I've no prior online learning experience, Coursera is my first; and this is the very first online course that I've completed. I am ecstatic. I had fun learning your beautiful language. I am hopeful that all that I've learned from here would help me in the future.

By Benain d J C E

Aug 3, 2020

Las lecciones siempre fueron las más practicas para el uso cotidiano del idioma coreano. Me gusto mucho el espacio dedicado para la pronunciación correcta de cada palabra. La dramatización de cada diálogo fue muy bueno porque así se contextualizaba las conversaciones. Me encantó. =)

By Aneesh M

A very profound course.Easy for a beginner with absolutely no prior knowledge in any foreign language to learn,grasp and understand.Meticulously crafted curriculum and a lucid way communication and picturization of words helps one to retain what he/she just learned.Loved the course!

By Minahil N

Jul 14, 2019

Personally, I found this course extremely helpful and affable. Easy to learn and easy to understand. As a conscientious person, I have always wanted to learn Korean well. I have tried many courses and websites to learn but this one was definitely the most comprehensive one. 5-stars.

By Ronja J

Jun 18, 2016

I've attempted Korean through a self-study textbook before, but this course is a lot more accessible. Dialogues, vocabulary, pronounciation, the alphabet - all is presented very clearly. Obviously, it really only is an introduction to the language, but as that it is very successful.

By Anastasia D

Dec 12, 2021

This course was very helpful, I started to be able to read and understand hangul a little bit, I also started to be able to speak korean a little bit. Now that I want to try to communicate directly with Koreans while learning new vocabulary, I need a Korean friend who I can talk to

By Hisrai C D S M

Mar 23, 2021

Amei o curso. Estou fazendo um outro curso online, porem achei que as aulas deste curso são mais focadas no que realmente precisamos para a sobrevivência em um País com um idioma tão diferente. Adoro esse idioma ! Obrigada professora por uma didática tão boa!!Obrigada Coursera.org

By Aprilyn W

Apr 16, 2020

This is a great introduction course! I already knew some Korean, but not enough to make conversation. I feel that my conversation and recognition skills improved, as well as my speaking skills. It will be great review for some as well as others who want to know more Korean grammar!

By Atheek A

Apr 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and it provided me with an appropriate foundation. I hope to start the Learn to Speak Korean 1 course soon to supplement my studies.

Just one question -are there any further structured resources that could guide me to fluency?

Thank you very much!

고맙습니다!

By Rose L A

Nov 24, 2019

I really liked the course. At times it was hard because Iʻm a visual learner and when I read the script, instead of showing the characters sheʻs saying, Itʻll say [foreign] In the script. I enjoyed learning and will continue on to the next Korean language course they have to offer.