Back to First Step Korean

AN

9126 - 9150 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By yanira l

Mar 27, 2021

Me pareció un curso excelente, empieza con una muy buena introducción al alfabeto coreano y sigue con frases cotidianas muy útiles, solo tuve 1 inconveniente durante las clases, en varias clases no estaba el subtitulo al español por lo tanto se traducía directamente al ingles , el ingles no se me da muy bien por lo que me dificulto entender algunas cosas y también me demore aun mas en completar las clases ya que tenia que estar traduciendo los términos que no entendía, pero el curso en si es muy bueno y util, muchas gracias!!!

By Catalina M

Sep 19, 2020

Me gusto mucho el curso! Sin embargo, para las personas que no entienden inglés se les hará un poco más "difícil" de entender porque las comparaciones del lenguaje se hacen con inglés, así como las referencias de los sonidos de pronunciación del Hangul.

Si entiendes inglés, es bastante fácil aprender (si le dedicas tiempo). Entregan harto vocabulario, y se hacen ejercicios de práctica (que recomiendo hacer varias veces a la semana de forma autónoma para no olvidarte).

Muy buen curso, felicitaciones-.

By Chandraprakash S

Dec 9, 2018

For some information on basic letters (complex vowels) I had to take help from google or some android apps otherwise this is the best course to learn Korean language. Be careful for word pronunciation and number systems as both differs from word to word and context to context. Same letter has different pronunciation for two different words and same count or number is pronounced in hours, minutes and for other context differently. Thanks for providing this course. Definitely recommended for everyone.

By Ernest C

Oct 18, 2021

Great course. I feel like it was structured in a way that was very helpful when learning the general way that Korean pronunciation and sentence structure functions. I liked that there was a lot of the same concepts that came back over and over again. I think it would have been helpful to have translations of the longer dialogues in the worksheets or the videos; it would be easier to learn the vocabulary while following along with the pronunciations and individual concepts this way.

By Silvia R

Aug 12, 2020

The teacher was very competent, she helped me grasp the basics of the Korean alphabet and how the language works. However i don't think it's suitable for absolute beginners, sometimes it was too fast paced with little to no grammar explanation. I would have appreciated it if there had been at least the romanisation of the Korean dialogues; that way it would have been easier to read them and understand the pronunciation, instead of just repeating the dialogues after the teacher.

By Rimsha N

Mar 30, 2021

It was easy to follow but roman Korean written in the subtitles would have made it a lot easier to follow. There should also be an option to download all files in the course rather than having to individually download each file which takes a lot longer. The teacher had clear pronunciation and it was overall easy to follow. 따라하기 쉬웠지만 자막에 로마자 한글을 써서 따라 가기가 훨씬 쉬웠을 것입니다. 또한 시간이 많이 걸리는 각 파일을 개별적으로 다운로드하는 대신 코스의 모든 파일을 다운로드 할 수있는 옵션도 있어야합니다. 선생님은 명확한 발음을 가지고 있었고 전반적으로 따라하기 쉬웠습니다.

By Widzz I

May 29, 2021

R​eally great for beginners first step in korean after learning hangeul - however at times got a bit too complicated with regards to particles, "interrogative" words, the way that verbs and stems were described could have been clearer - especially in Week 5 which seemed overly complicated compared to the rest of the course which was set at an even pace. But otherwise everything was great, there was lots of vocab and, for the most part, easy to understand and follow.

By Ana L C d O

Jun 21, 2020

O curso foi ótimo pra me ajudar a focar nos estudos periódicos, melhorou meu vocabulário e tirou duvidas que eu nem sabia que eu tinha sobre a gramática que eu já havia estudado antes, no entanto eu observei que tem aulas que não são usadas nas conversas de cotidiano entre coreanos, sendo só uma viagem no tempo, servido apenas para curiosidade, pois deve ser informação desconhecida até mesmos para os nativos.

Por fim realmente aproveitei o curso e recomendo!

By Bárbara R G

Al comprende un poco de ingles ayudo a poder entender las clases, debido a que en las ultimas, los subtítulos en español no estuvieron disponible en varias clases, por lo cual dificulto de alguna manera el aprendizaje claro de las clase. Por lo cual han quedado unas cuantas cosas no muy claras de entender, que espero poder resolver. Pero muy agradecida de poder participar en un curso de este nivel y herramientas. Ademas de ser parte de una Universidad.

By Kirti P

Jun 5, 2020

Amazing! Just amazing ! Learning Asian Language is both learning its syntax to write and the confidence to speak and that's why we need some great teachers like her . Just one thing, This course is just an introduction course ,at the end I was like,"okay , but how should one learn to converse the things which you speak daily like sharing stuffs with your friends, etc" .

Question yourself,"Can I translate any sentence from native language to Korean?"

By Chan K M

This course was very detail and the pace of the course was easy to follow. Highly recommended if you have no background knowledge of the Korean language and learning from scratch. Special thanks to Associate Professor Seung Hae Kang from Yonsei University for the lessons and and Coursera for the weekly deadlines for keeping me motivated and push myself to make sure I finish the lessons on time. All in all, this course was amazing! 감사합니다! =)

By Kelly M

Aug 6, 2017

En general, el curso estuvo muy completo ya que nos facilita las herramientas que necesitamos en un primer contacto. Sin embargo, en los últimos vídeos tenia la traducción al español incompleto y se dificulto un poco el aprendizaje. Pero, en lineas generales estoy satisfecha y agradezco por el esfuerzo y tiempo que han invertido en la realización de este material, para que el idioma y la cultura llegue a más personas del mudo. Gracias!

By Estefany N

Feb 1, 2018

Aprendí mucho con este curso gratuito virtual, pues se pudo ajustar a mis horarios ya que estudio en la universidad.

Le doy cuatro estrellas debido a que en algunos vídeos no estaba subtitulado a mi idioma así que fue algo dificultoso para mí y tenía que buscar en un diccionario de inglés para saber lo que decía.

Aun así agradezco a la profesora y al personal del curso; y espero que en el futuro pueda inscribirme en otros cursos.

By Priya K

Mar 11, 2019

To be frank, I have been trying to learn korean for 3 years but didn't progress well by myself. Through this course I could be able to learn most of daily conversation vocabularies and learnt how to pronounce correctly in such a short time. Professor Kang took the class gradually and helped me shape my learning progress quite smooth. Will recommend this course to everyone, beginner or intermediate to catch up the basics.

By MAYRA F M

Mar 13, 2021

Al inicio del curso, me gustaba bastante como se enseñaba, además los subtítulos eran bastante completos. Pero después de la semana 4 se empezó a hacer muy monótono y los subtítulos en español (mi lengua materna) no eran los correctos o estaban inglés y me costaba comprender ciertos tópicos. Aún así fue un buen curso de iniciación, respondí muchas dudas sobre el hangul que tenía. Claramente seguiré aprendiendo el idioma

By Gabriela F V

Jun 14, 2020

Las clases muy bien elaboradas en cuanto a su secuencia, lo cual me ayudó bastante para aprender los temas de manera sistemática y en orden, de menor a mayor dificultad. De igual forma los materiales fueron muy útiles y fue una gran herramienta de estudio y comprensión. Mi única sugerencia es en cuanto a la mejora de los subtítulos en español, hubo varios vídeos donde faltó la traducción correspondiente en ese idioma.

By Patnaree R

Jul 5, 2020

A very good start to learning the Korean language. The course is very well thought through and practical for basic uses. However, near the end of the course (last few chapters), the course seems to rush with so many information in little time that it's quite hard to catch up. All in all, the course is very insightful and I am able to understand and apply the Korean language around me more. It was a great experience.

By Matthew W R I

Apr 18, 2021

This course went in-depth and provided valuable learning via real conversations, worksheets, and instruction. I appreciated the focus on pronunciation. The only drawback was the omission of simple words and phrases I would have expected in an introductory course, such as the terms for "please" and "help", or how to ask "how are you doing".

Overall, a wonderful course that I will likely return to in the future.

By Arevik K

Oct 31, 2020

It was a fun course. It is very convinient to study the letters and how to read, and to enrich the vocabulary. Of course, it doesn't give the opertunity to understand a lot and the grammar part is still very weak, but for a beginner level this was fun and easy, I highly recommend it if you want to start the language, but if you want to continue the lesson you should start another course with a higher level.

By Deyna A A A

May 15, 2017

Un curso muy bueno para aprender lo básico en hangul... a pesar de no entender muy bien el inglés he podido comprender aunque con dificultad los ultimos temas.

Podrían los videos subtitularse con una mejor traducción del idioma español para una fácil comprención para los hispano hablantes, ya que hay muchos interesados en la cultura coreana.

Thanks Yonsei University for the great course!!

연세대학교 감사합니다!! ^o^

By Smriti B

Sep 12, 2020

Professor Seung Hae Kang is really great; her grip on both language's Hangul and English is exceptional. Professor made the course look so easy and understandable; her way of describing the words with correct pronunciation is very helpful. I wish, I could learn more through this course; it ended so fast.

I am very thankful to all the creators of this course; thank you for putting so much effort into this.

By Katy J

Jun 5, 2020

Me gusto bastante el curso, aprendí mucho, hace varios años había intentado introducirme en este idioma pero me costaba, y el curso fue una gran ayuda para ir empezando, lo disfrute mucho, la ultima unidad fue difícil ya que no había traducción al español así que me costo más, ya que soy de habla hispana pero aun así no fue imposible de entender o super complicado a pesar de las barreras idiomaticas.

By Cynthia L A

Aug 7, 2021

I do feel like I learned a lot from this course as a beginner. I was able to fill 2 notebooks of notes and information learned and reviewed during this class. However, I would like to have seen more repetitive review. At times I felt the lessons were slightly rushed, and when advising on pronunciation the professor did not slow her words enough for me to feel confident of what I was repeating.

By Mary K P

Mar 10, 2018

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to achieve another goal in my life. All the lectures were very interesting and challenging even though at first , I was trying cope up and adjust. I knew that the lessons I took up in this course can be useful to me since I am into kpop stars. And through this course, I was able to explore such wonderful things and backgrounds about the Korean language.

By Yanela G P

May 7, 2017

El curso me ha parecido muy ilustrativo y he aprendido mucho con él. Es la primera vez que estudio este idioma y me ha sido bastante sencillo seguir las clases, eso se debe a que las explicaciones son muy claras. Por el único motivo que no le doy las cinco estrellas es porque a partir de la semana 4 los subtitulos pasaron a estar en inglés en vez de español. Por lo demás un curso excelente.