Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

PW
May 27, 2021

useful course for fundamental learners. Everyone can take this course easily.\n\nthe instructor gives me good teaching and more information.\n\nI can basically talk to Korean after finished the class.

AN

9176 - 9200 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Amos T R S

Jun 3, 2017

Could have more lessons regarding communicating in Korea. For example "do you know how to speak English?" , "Could you please lower the price.", etc... I believe most of the students that are attending course would be future tourist or are tourist of the country and this would help with their communication

By Valérie V

Oct 27, 2019

I think the course was well done and very interesting!

The only minus is about the text transcript: except for the first video, all korean text was replaced by [FOREIGN], which makes it useles to take notes. The only transcript who seems to have kept the korean text in the transcript is Simplified chinese.

By Fabiola A M F

Oct 6, 2021

Me gusto el temario del curso y que explican bien. Aunque siento podrían agregar un descargable con vocabulario que sino toca buscar por la cuenta de una misma eso y a veces no viene bien la escritura. Y también agregar la estructura de como formar oraciones usando los adjetivos personales en presente.

By Tansara N

The contents are really good and it 's basically all the basic korean for a beginner that I got to learn how to greet in korean and also basic conversation. Also, the way the instructor explain stuffs to learners were quite clear and simplified. However, the voice of the instructor was in a monotone.

By shruti j

Jul 2, 2021

It's really good course for beginners who are willing to work hard because it will require you to review it again and again .I hope i can learn this language fast.I am looking for a little higher course than this now.Learning a new language with a teacher is much better than doing it by yourself.

By MARIA D L R

Apr 28, 2021

I enjoyed the course, it starts from the very basic forms as alphabet and letters, the topics are quite easy too, like routines, numbers, and family. It has a tool to keep notes regarding the video, which is amazing. However, it's not so easy to understand some modifications with verbs and words.

By Mariana

Jul 16, 2020

It was very helpful, but I think it would be better if some basic information was explained. For example: is it necessary to use the subject like in Enlglish, or if the conjugations learnt are used for all pronouns. Nonetheless, the rest of the information was clear and well explained. Thank you.

By Evangelin

Aug 29, 2021

I'm very happy to take part in this training for the first step Korean. Which I did not at first understand Korean, now I can at least introduce my identity in Korean language and know basic in korean language. Thank you so much for the instructor. I wish you stay healthy. sincerely, Evangelin

By Nikita N

Mar 12, 2016

I just previewed the course and the tutorials are hassle free and simple to learn from! I knew a few basic things about Korean and the videos helped me brush up on my past knowledge. I'm looking forward to the current session of the course to begin so I can complete it and be better at Korean!

By Alexandra P

Sep 23, 2020

Muy buen curso. Lo recomiendo para principiantes definitivamente. La profesora tiene muy buena dicción por lo que se entiende excelente al momento de pronunciar y diferenciar una palabra de otra. No le doy 5 estrellas ya que me hubiese gustado aprender otras cosas que me parecen más básicas.

By Dhanty P

May 16, 2020

At first I was able to follow the lessons until the 3rd part. But for the 4-5th lesson it's a bit hard, especially when I have to memorize the spell and the letters. Since it can be meaning different. After completing the course, I think I will need to learn again from my notes. 감사합니다 선생님

By Katherine M V

Feb 22, 2021

Para ser un curso básico de coreano es bastante completo. No le doy las 5 estrellas porque siento que le falta practicar más el abecedario coreano al inicio del curso. Desde el segundo pdf ya está todo en hangul. Eso hace que se vuelva un poco difícil.

Tiene mucha práctica y vocabulario.

By Chloe M

It was a really good course. The only feedback would be: sometimes there were words used in the dialogue that were not introduced to us before or after the conversation, or throughout the whole lecture video. I also wish there was an online method to fill out the notes and review.

By Kristyn S

Nov 7, 2016

The videos went a bit fast for me and the course tried to cover too many things in each video in my opinion, but overall it was a good introduction to Korean! The lecture notes were very helpful--I recommend printing them off and using them to follow along with the lecture videos.

By P. S

Jun 18, 2020

This course is very informative and help learners understand Korean language from the basic. Professor is really good at grammar explanation. However, I would like to suggest the course to provide the phonetic of vocabulary that will make the learners pronouncing them correctly.

By VAN T T

Aug 25, 2021

The course were great. The professor has helped me a lot along this journey. The teaching script were very thoughtful. But why do i give 4 stars to this course ? Its because they didnt teach how to put spaces between words so you wouldnt know when to stick them together or not.

By Brittany B

Sep 19, 2021

T​his course gives a very basic and informative introduction of the Korean language. I now feel like I have a solid foundation to continue on to learn more grammar and structure to the language. I recommend this to anyone who has absolutely no knowledge of the Korean language.

By Cecilia C

Jun 28, 2021

I​ hope that whenever the instructor speaks Hangul that at first, he or she would pronounce it slowly and then repeat it at normal speech. it is rather difficult to catch

h​ow each word is pronounced. I had to replay the video segments several times in order to get it. Thanks!

By Keziah H

Jun 22, 2021

I love the course so much, i have picked up a few thing to help me communicate in Korean language and I DEFINITELY recommend it to any one who wants to learn the language so yeah. Also watch kdramas they also help in pronunciation more. Thank you cousera and Yonsei university.

By Devillers A

Dec 9, 2020

The lessons are really interesant with many vocabulary, but it could be really nice to have some reaction expressions, banmal etc. I love the concept with the conversations, on the other part the exercices doesn't change. Also I really appreciate the quizz. Thanks you so much!

By Ariadna B

Aug 23, 2020

Me gusto mucho este curso, te explica muy bien las cosas básicas que podrías utilizar.

Las primeras lecciones fueron muy entendibles y con este curso termine de memorizar y aprender todo el hangul. Las últimas lecciones no están traducidas, así que me fue un poco más difícil.

By Jean D O O

Jul 20, 2019

¡Me gustó mucho este curso! cada vídeo me enseñó sobre todo lo básico que necesito saber para empezar a aprender coreano. Les recomiendo que se traduzcan mejor los subtítulos en español; los subtítulos de la semana 5 estaban en inglés aunque selecccionara el idioma español.

By Diana B

Nov 16, 2020

Personally, as a Foreign Languages graduated I was expecting for more grammar points. However, it's a good course for an introduction and basic Korean communication skills. The subtitles, however, could be better if they didn't ommit the korean words usind the '[FOREIGN]'.

By Cole B

Dec 31, 2020

This course offers a great introduction to the Korean language. This course covers reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Overall, the course was very pleasant and smooth. I do encourage students to devote as much time to studying as they can, in-between each module.

By Noemí R

Oct 4, 2020

El curso estuvo muy entendible, y te va guiando paso a paso, al final del curso tines la habilidad de formular una conversación con temas de la vida diaria, como presentarte, dar la hora, preguntar sobre qué hace la otra persona, etcétera. Para mí fue un excelente curso