Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

RN
Oct 6, 2021

This course is really a great start to learn Korean language. It taught me Hangul, particles used, vocabularies and how sentences are made. Thank you to Professor Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University.

AP
Aug 27, 2021

I have learned so much and I really enjoyed learning this beautiful language. I know that I will learn to speak and read with lots of practice and perseverance. Thank you so much for this opportunity!

9401 - 9425 of 10,000 Reviews for First Step Korean

By VAN T T

Aug 25, 2021

The course were great. The professor has helped me a lot along this journey. The teaching script were very thoughtful. But why do i give 4 stars to this course ? Its because they didnt teach how to put spaces between words so you wouldnt know when to stick them together or not.

By Brittany B

Sep 19, 2021

T​his course gives a very basic and informative introduction of the Korean language. I now feel like I have a solid foundation to continue on to learn more grammar and structure to the language. I recommend this to anyone who has absolutely no knowledge of the Korean language.

By Cecilia C

Jun 28, 2021

I​ hope that whenever the instructor speaks Hangul that at first, he or she would pronounce it slowly and then repeat it at normal speech. it is rather difficult to catch

h​ow each word is pronounced. I had to replay the video segments several times in order to get it. Thanks!

By Keziah H

Jun 22, 2021

I love the course so much, i have picked up a few thing to help me communicate in Korean language and I DEFINITELY recommend it to any one who wants to learn the language so yeah. Also watch kdramas they also help in pronunciation more. Thank you cousera and Yonsei university.

By Devillers A

Dec 9, 2020

The lessons are really interesant with many vocabulary, but it could be really nice to have some reaction expressions, banmal etc. I love the concept with the conversations, on the other part the exercices doesn't change. Also I really appreciate the quizz. Thanks you so much!

By Ariadna B

Aug 23, 2020

Me gusto mucho este curso, te explica muy bien las cosas básicas que podrías utilizar.

Las primeras lecciones fueron muy entendibles y con este curso termine de memorizar y aprender todo el hangul. Las últimas lecciones no están traducidas, así que me fue un poco más difícil.

By Jean D O O

Jul 20, 2019

¡Me gustó mucho este curso! cada vídeo me enseñó sobre todo lo básico que necesito saber para empezar a aprender coreano. Les recomiendo que se traduzcan mejor los subtítulos en español; los subtítulos de la semana 5 estaban en inglés aunque selecccionara el idioma español.

By Christina L D

Oct 27, 2021

A​ll around it's a great course, Only complaint I would say is the teaching style is way too fast. I know you can pause and rewind But some of the lessons I feel didn't give me a good sense of understanding. Thank you for this lesson though! I really did learn quite a bit!

By Diana B

Nov 16, 2020

Personally, as a Foreign Languages graduated I was expecting for more grammar points. However, it's a good course for an introduction and basic Korean communication skills. The subtitles, however, could be better if they didn't ommit the korean words usind the '[FOREIGN]'.

By Cole B

Dec 31, 2020

This course offers a great introduction to the Korean language. This course covers reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Overall, the course was very pleasant and smooth. I do encourage students to devote as much time to studying as they can, in-between each module.

By Noemí R

Oct 4, 2020

El curso estuvo muy entendible, y te va guiando paso a paso, al final del curso tines la habilidad de formular una conversación con temas de la vida diaria, como presentarte, dar la hora, preguntar sobre qué hace la otra persona, etcétera. Para mí fue un excelente curso

By Anusowmiya A

The lectures were very fruitful. This was my first attempt in learning Korean and I am happy to have begun it with a course in Yonsei University. The Lecture notes were helpful too. As a beginner I am proud of my comprehension of Korean. I owe this to the online course.

By Paula A P A

Mar 21, 2021

Es un curso muy completo y claro, Además de que te enseña no solo sobre el idioma sino también sobre la cultura. Lo único que creo es que deberían poner subtítulos en español en todos los videos, ya que en los últimos cuando le das click en español, aparecen en ingles

By somaya T

Mar 22, 2020

I really liked the videos and the explanation, and i want to keep learning ❤

I'm currently studying Korean at The Korean Culture Centre in Egypt '세종학당에소 한국어를 배워요', but because of the Corona virus we are taking a break, so i enjoyed keeping in touch with Korean.

감사합니다 ❤

By Susan E

Feb 25, 2016

I have studied Korean for about 10 months and still found some of the information useful. The numbers and dates always confuse me till this day. Quizzes were on average too easy, just listening or multiple choice. The answers were easy to find without much thought.

By Guillermina L G

ME GUSTO, PERO EL LA SEMANA 5 NO ESTA TODA TRADUCIDA AL ESPAÑOL Y ME COSTO MAS TRABAJO POR QUE NO SE INGLES, ME CUESTA TRABAJO EL VOCABULARIO, NO ENTENDIA LA CONJUGACION DE VERBOS Y LAS PARTICULAS.

SI RECOMIENDO EL CURSO ME DIVERTI APRENDIENDO, GRACIAS POR EL CURSO

By Shaina K R

Sep 30, 2020

Professor Kang was excellent in her teaching! I learned a lot! Although since it's a beginner course, I have hoped there was a 'romanization' part in every new word presented--especially since correct pronunciation is imperative in any language! Still, thank you!

By Ana S

Feb 8, 2021

Very useful to start learning.

I would give it 5 stars but I find the structure a bit mixed up sometimes, with vocabulary repeated and words in the assignment that are given in the following unit.

All and all, thank you very much for the opportunity to start up!

By Nidaa Q

Jun 21, 2020

Really loved this course, it was really easy to follow. Only thing that I would have liked was for the spoken examples to be repeated more than once to properly understand, as when speaking it can be a bit too fast for beginners. However, overall a great course!

By Nathakorn A

Apr 20, 2020

When I already finished the course, I have a simple skill to read easy words but use a lot of time. I should study this course with more practice. Some sentence speaks too fast but it's okay if replay and repeat many times. Thank you so much to have this course.

By Irina J

Jun 8, 2020

Overall it was a very good course and really easy to do! i found that week 4 and 5 were a bit challenging due to the amount of material you need to learn but regardless im really happy I took it and now i can read,write, and understand some words which is great

By Jhamile G

Aug 10, 2020

Estas semanas fueron una experiencia muy divertida! Las dos ultimas semanas no están por competo en español, pero por suerte sé un poco de ingles y no se me dificulto entender. Mi próximo reto es el chino, pero creo que seguire estudiando ingles y coreano haha

By Lindsay A L R

May 17, 2021

Una muy buena forma de aprender este idioma tan especial sobretodo para aquellos que estan recien partiendo. Sin embargo las ultimas unidades no tenian las traducciones completas al español por lo que debemos trabajar en eso para lograr llegar a más personas.

By Ishita S

Apr 11, 2021

The course is very well adjusted for beginners starting with a basic understanding of the language and tackles important elements like time, work and verbs. More assignments would provide even better learning environment for students across the world. 감사합니다

By Damarís R

Jun 20, 2020

Me gusto mucho el curso, lástima que los últimos videos no esten en español, pero estan los documentos en la sala de discusión.

La manera en la enseñan me gusto. No es q sea fácil, pero en muy práctica y muy bien estructurada.

Espero actualizen los videos