Back to First Step Korean

Jan 07, 2018

226 - 250 of 4,353 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Tatianac

Jun 27, 2018

Even if you know some korean this class is a great refresher course along with a great way to further your korean and really learn and understand why certain words are the way they are. This buids a great foundation for furthering the learning of korean language and making learning and studying much easier.

By Wai L R S

Apr 26, 2020

It's a very well laid out course, covering the basics of self introduction, introducing your family, telling time/place, and what you're doing. All useful vocabulary and grammar structure for basic conversations.

Highly recommend to anyone who is starting out with Korean -- I learned a lot from this course!

By Mariel J L

Jun 06, 2020

Learned a lot through this course! It will teach you the basics so that you can learn the Korean language easier. It is very helpful when it comes to practicing pronunciation and writing. Practice worksheets are also very helpful. Vocabulary and conversations taught can be used for everyday conversation.

By Jonathan B S

Jan 26, 2019

Before I join this courses, I just learned some words and basic expressions from korean tv shows and dramas and songs. Now I can know the basic expression in Korean, especially the ones that related to numbers, times, and activities. Big thanks to Yonsei University and Coursera for providing this course.

By Kristin G

Jul 02, 2020

It was an easy and fun way to learn Korean. Professor Seung Hae Kang made this class interesting and incredibly easy to follow and understand. I will highly recommend this to anyone who wants to start learning Korean as this teaches you the fundamentals to have a normal, basic conversation with someone.

By Susan L

Great for introduction to new information and revision on what I have already learned prior to the course. Well planned out, the text narrative for videos is really helpful, but not all were translated as Korean text. The addition of Korean text for the conversations along with English would be useful.

By Veronica C

Jun 07, 2020

Well-paced course. You're thrown in headfirst into grammar and sentence making. Of course, it is expected to take time on your own to learn Hangul, which I feel is best to get a grip on before starting. This course is perfect to build a solid foundation and I hope to continue learning Korean on my own.

By Ricardo G

This is a very useful course with a complete base for a very beginner like me. This course coveres all the basic topics that you need to start making a conversation with more than a simple guide, I mean, ir has it but it goes beyond expected and that's what it makes it very useful. I'm really thankful.

By Chelsie P

Sep 23, 2019

This course has a lot of great information for both language and cultural insight. This class has helped me to learn to introduce myself and my family; something I wasn't able to do from learning on my own. Definitely a great start for those you are trying to learn Korean and don't know where to start!

By NAGATI P

Aug 27, 2019

This course is easy to learn and understand. As I've already learned the Korean language, this course seems so easy. But I hope that there should be a practice session for vocabulary along with the quizzes on grammar. I think that there should be more questions in the quizzes. Thank you for the course.

By Alejandro G

May 15, 2017

i loved everything, the time you took to do this, the effort, and patience, i'd really want to lean more if i got the chance, go to korea sometime and see the daily life with my own eyes, i'm really thankfull for the opportunity to study with a great teacher like Seung Hae Kang, thanks again, Alejandro

By Cate A

Apr 19, 2020

Very helpful! However, may I give a suggestion regarding the vocabulary part? I personally think it would be better if there is one lecture note that contains only the vocabularies used (with illustrations for visual memory). I believe it would be helpful in memorization and familiarization. 정말 감사합니다!

By Lola O S W

Sep 20, 2019

This is a great course! Definitely pick this course if you want to learn Korean, but you are a total beginner and you don't know where to start. The teaching methods are really good, and I recommend this to everyone beginning to learn Korean. The teacher is so nice, and she makes you feel comfortable.

By Zahra A

Oct 02, 2018

The instructor for the course made the new language so easy and interesting to learn. I attribute my success in finishing this course to my passion for hangul and the teacher. She made the lessons fun and highly effective while being precise and comprehensive. I would take another course with her.👍🏻

By Aya M

Jul 04, 2020

최고의 코스를 정말 고맙습니다.이 코스를 통해 들어본 적이 없는 이야기를 다수 교수해 주셔서 세계 제일 시스테마틱한 언어 중 하나인 한국어에 점점 더 매료됐습니다.대한민국을 대표하는 대학 중 하나인 연세대학교와 강 박사와 직원·교원 여러분께 두껍게 감사드립니다. 거듭 참 감사합니다.

Someone who is interested in my review, please translate by Kakao i 번역, https://translate.kakao.com/ Korean technology is really wonderful.

By Natthaya C

I really like this course.

I have learned and practiced Korean grammar skills.

Speaking, writing and others in this course.

Thank you to teacher Seung Hae Kang for each lesson in detail and easy to understand.

You help me understand Korean better.

And thank you for the free courses and certificates.

By Arvi M A

Jul 04, 2016

Very good! I already learn the basic before actually. But after join this class, i learn a lot since we learn it from a native speaker. Thank you for Professor Kang, i really enjoy your class. Hope you will open the next level so i can learn more about korea, the language and also the culture. :)

By Ong S Y

Jul 03, 2020

Interesting slide content with illustrator and important notes. I love the way of teacher in explaining and elaborating the content. Highly recommend for beginner learner to take this course. You definitely can learn in fun environment.

Thank you, Professor Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

By Silvina R C

May 02, 2020

I really liked the teaching metod, it is very organised and easy to follow. I was a really nice learning experience and I feel that this course is a great introduction into Korean culture and, of course, language. I recommend it 100% for anyone wanting to start learning this wonderful language.

By Khyara V

Jun 20, 2020

Es un curso muy útil que me permitió aprender las bases de la lengua coreana, me gustó mucho la manera en la que se presentan los ejercicios de práctica para mejorar la pronunciación. Así mismo me gustó que explican situaciones que son particulares de la cultura y que también afecta la lengua.

By Watan K

Jun 13, 2020

It was really good to start using coursera for improving my korean skills.

Hope this course could be able to give a free certificate to those who are willing to learn, and study korean, also to work there but still a poor student in their country

Watan from Syria ( second year medical student)

By Jesse O

Sep 18, 2019

I liked this course a lot! I just wish that more of the sentences would have had a literal translation so that during a lesson or test you could be able to recall certain vocabulary words. Often ties during tests I could not figure out which words were which and the proper grammar structure.

By Савчукова А Е

Aug 01, 2017

Quite a good system of learning the basics of the language within a short period of time though after this course I still don`t get the sentence structure and the main grammar rules. However, this course helped me to understand Hangul which is very important for my feature studies. Thank you!

By Marselina U W

Jul 02, 2020

The course is very useful and the teacher helps us easily understand the materials. Before this course, I tried several learning materials, but this one is really cover the whole basic understanding quickly. I highly recommended this course for anyone who wants to understand Korean language.

By Melissa Y L

It’s easy to follow. Information is in bite sized and doesn’t overwhelm you. The patterns and irregularities in verbs are explained so clearly so that everything makes sense. I really like how the sentences and words are pronounced so clearly so you get a very good sense of how it is spoken.