Back to First Step Korean

May 1, 2017

301 - 325 of 9,276 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Emmanuel d L

Dec 5, 2020

This course is very helpful to first-time learners of the language. It was well-paced and well-structured. Learning the language here made it so fun and easy. However, people should take note that this is really just for the basics. What I did was to mix it up with memrise so that I learn more effectively as well, since some lessons would be tackled in both platforms.

By Linda

Nov 25, 2020

In the beginning I found the course very difficult because the tempo of the course was too fast for me as a beginner. So I started to buy a workbook outside the course and studied for a few weeks with that book. Then I restarted the course and it was much easier. But the best way to learn for me was to study the Lecture notes first and then I listened to the video's.

By Kazi S M

Jun 20, 2020

This course was very helpful.Thanks for making it available.The learning process was easy and simple.If someone is interested in Korean i would highly recommend it.The teacher that teach the class very graciously guided through the whole thing.

-고맙습니다

By Thanasorn T

Apr 28, 2020

The content is very good. With both basic knowledge of Korean such as letters, vowels, numbers, and sentence usage in a variety of situations.

English used in teaching is easy to understand. Also, they have subtitles as well, I think it can help people who are not good at English to understand the lessons more easily.

Overall, I received many benefits from this course.

By dafna k

Jul 18, 2021

I'm so honor to get the financial support. This course really helpful! I really enjoyed every single moment during this course. this was informative and it will boost my language skill. Prof Kang's teaching method also great and fun. I fully understand and being content. thank you very much. those have interest in learning Korean language i recommend this course ^^

Oct 1, 2018

I, myself, was once clueless and would go blank whenever i'd hear a Korean person speak. Thanks to this course, i have learned to much to the point in which I am able to quite get a basic understanding of what the conversation is about and I am able to hold a conversation. If you apply yourself well and want to devote yourself into learning Korean, you will succeed.

By Jemie U

Nov 25, 2020

This course was very useful for me since I wanted to refresh my basic Korean. It was really easy to learn and follow the lessons of each module and the study notes and quiz really helped me in retaining what I have learned. I also appreciate that the video lessons include the pronunciation, vocabulary, and conversations we can use to learn and practice our Korean.

By Karla H L L

Nov 24, 2020

Es un excelente curso, nos enseñan desde las vocales y lo necesario para poder crear conversaciones de diferentes tipos, a mi consideración es muy agradable como llevan a cabo los videos, notas y exámenes, enseñan vocabulario, la forma correcta de escribir, pronunciación y significado, además lo complementan con la practica y ejemplos lo cual lo hace muy dinámico.

By Tara B

Sep 30, 2017

This was a great introductory course to the Korean language. I've self-studied Korean before, but always struggled with pronunciation, this course is great for getting pronunciation correct. The units will get you into everyday conversation which is easy to use and practice! By the end I find myself reading, writing, and listening to Korean much better. Thank you!

By Reinaline M M

Jan 31, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. Before I started the course, I already have an idea of how to read and write Hangeul. However, I struggle to differentiate between the sounds/pronounciations sometimes and could barely form sentences. This course was fantastic as I learned so many words that I can use to get by the time I get to go and travel to Korea. 고맙습니다 강승해 선생님!

By Emely M

Oct 23, 2019

for me this module really help. I think it does cover the basic that you need in order to learn basic korean words starting from the alphabet or hangeul. There's a lot of time i struggle with the pronunciation. In the future, i think it would be better if there's a guide in written in alphabet as to how to properly pronounce the words. Over all I enjoyed learning

By Maggie D

Apr 18, 2021

This course was very helpful. The material was laid out nicely and was easy to follow. Make sure you give plenty of time to watch the lecture, although it says it's only 10 minutes you need to constantly pause the lecture to take notes and write down how to pronounce every new word and phrase. Would recommend this to anyone who was interested in learning Korean.

By Jeena J

Apr 6, 2021

An amazing course for people who are interested in learning Korean. This course covers topics from basics ie Hanguel to topics required in daily life. I really enjoyed taking this course. The instructor explains each and everything in a lucid manner. The important factor in any language learning is practice, with practice, one can surely ace the Korean language.

By veerisa s

Apr 24, 2020

this course that make me to learning during this summer

so i had gotten the new vocabularies absolutely i will remember it after this class

and very thanks to SeungHae Kang Seonbaenim to teach to learnners so i really like it because i'm enjoying this class so much & let me know Korean's Cultures more and more

finally i hope i learn Korean with Yonsei again!!! ^^

By Suman Y

Dec 15, 2020

Prof. Kang is has nicely delivered all lectures and explained very well. For me, this course was life saver. Due to this pandemic, I was unable to take admission in Korean language course in my country as all institution were closed but through this platform I learned Korean at home without any difficulty with top Korean language professors. Thank You Coursera.

By Pimjai C

May 5, 2017

It needs a lot of hard work by yourself to remember the vocabulary but totally worth it! There are many things I don't understand studying Korean by myself but with the help of the instructor, Ms. Kang, and all the mentors, I get better every week. This is really fun! Thank you for such a good course and all the people involved who made this course possible! :D

By Nguyễn V P A

Nov 27, 2020

This course provides the fundamental knowledge about Korean with easy- learning method. Each video has short period of time therefore I often learn 3 to 4 videos at once. 5 years ago, I learnt Korean but I dropped out; however, my passion has come back after I found out this online course. Thank teacher and Coursera <3 who make knowledge has no boundary limits

By Jane M

Sep 24, 2020

The course is a very good intro to the Korean language. It is packed with information and I often needed to spend extra time to master the lessons especially when it came to the native and sino number systems. The course materials were very helpful and I enjoyed Professor Kang's presentation of the materials. Thank you to Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University.

By Martha L

Oct 26, 2019

Primero , muchas gracias por darnos la oportunidad de hacer el curso gratuitamente. En verdad me gusto mucho porque esta muy bien estructurado a parte de que aprendi me diverti mucho. Pienso volver a hacerlo si se me permite, porque quiero dominar bien los verbos y la pronunciacion. Tambien me gusto porque esta muy bien explicado. En verdad muchas gracias!!

By Laura G P

Oct 22, 2020

firts step korean ha sido una de las mejores decisiones de mi año, el idioma es maravilloso y la forma en que este curso es explicado en Coursera, específicamente, es muy fácil y útil. Te ayuda con los primeros pasos y como empezar a comprender un lenguaje completamente diferente. agradezco muchísimo esta oportunidad y espero seguir aprendiendo con Coursera.

By Omar E M M

Sep 28, 2020

Thank you a lot for allow me be part as one of your students in this First Step Korean, i've never thougth that I'd learn Korean .... but thanks to you, it was possible... nothing more to say, i'll keep studying all the lessons you gave me, grammar,pronunciation, vocabulary, practice and pranctice it's all I need to speak fluently the Korean Language. 감사합니다

By Brenda R

Feb 10, 2021

I'm applying for Yonsei University next GKS, waiting for the guideline to be released in the middle of Feb. Built an intense passion for Yonsei, really grateful for being able to do a free course with them, can't wait to graduating with Yonsei.

Great content, great explanation, graphics and figures. Amazing teacher, she's a person of good will.

감사합니다, 연세대 학교.

By Bridget I

Sep 17, 2020

Perfect course for beginner learners, while still providing a lot of interesting information not touched on by other apps or courses, such as differences in pronunciation in certain situations/how syllables change the sound of those around them, and some of the origins of the writing system etc.

Ms Kang is a great teacher and makes the course very enjoyable.

By Esraa A M S

Nov 13, 2016

I recommend this course for all who want to learn the language.

It is well organized.

Easy to follow.

Contains important topics which u need for your daily life in Korea.

You won't loose your time.

On the other side, the quizzes, I think, are too short or too easy.

It would also be perfect, if we are able to record our own sentences or write it and get feedback.

By Gallegos M A

Mar 15, 2021

Me gustó mucho este curso, aprendí mucho más de lo que tenía pensado, todo gracias a la profesora y los recursos didácticos que en lo personal, explicaban muy bien la clase. Realmente estoy feliz y satisfecha de haber ingresado al curso, por lo que si hubiese la oportunidad de seguir aprendiendo en este curso, sin duda seguiría aprendiendo. Muchas gracias!