Chevron Left
Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

4.9
stars
22,774 ratings
6,025 reviews

About the Course

This is an elementary-level Korean language course, consisting of 5 lessons with 4 units, and covers 4 skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. The main topics include basic expressions used in everyday life, such as greetings, introducing yourself, talking about your family and a daily life and so on. Each lesson covers dialogues, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, quizzes and role-plays. After completing this course, you will be able to 1. read and write Korean alphabet. 2. communicate in Korean with basic expressions. 3. learn basic knowledge on Korean culture. It’s fun and easy to follow! Enjoy it!...

Top reviews

AN

May 18, 2020

A really good starting point to understand what's the Hangeul is constituted of and have a taste test on daily conversation. Last 2 modules were of quick pace which encourages me to revisit more often

CS

Jan 07, 2018

The course is amazing for now! The teacher explains everything in a great order and it helps me a lot with Korean. I understand a lot more now. Thank you for that Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

Filter by:

26 - 50 of 5,984 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Hannah D

Nov 25, 2018

Very well-taught! This is informative, fun and easy to learn.

By Just S

Jan 08, 2019

The lecture and lessons were really nice but she speaks a bit too fast and you can't repeat what she said fast enough while learning it for the first time.

By Ariel S R R

Jul 01, 2020

What I liked most about the course is the fact that it doesn't romanize and uses a simple approach with daily situations that facilitate the visualization and fixation of the content. I know there is still a lot for me to learn in the language and to practice, but I really feel that this course has put an end to my fear of "being too difficult to learn Korean". So my thanks to Yonsei University and Professor Seung Hae Kang for the content. / O que eu mais gostei no curso é o fato de ele não romanizar e usar uma abordagem simples com situações diárias que facilitam a visualização e a fixação do conteúdo. Eu sei que ainda há muito para aprender no idioma e praticar, mas realmente sinto que este curso pôs fim ao meu medo de "ser muito difícil aprender coreano". Então, meus agradecimentos à Universidade Yonsei e à professora Seung Hae Kang pelo conteúdo.

By Безрукова М А

Oct 31, 2017

Курс First Step Korean - самое лучшее для новичков, что я нашла в интернете, по крайней мере из бесплатных курсов. Вам действительно по полочкам разложат базовые знания об алфавите, самой-самой базовой (но очень необходимой!) грамматике и дадут нехилый для начинающего словарный запас. Золотое правило прохождения этого курса - не беги впереди паровоза, но и не просиживай часами за зубрежкой. Вам будет поступать немало информации даже за такие короткие уроки. Уделяй несколько минут после прохождения урока на понимание, запоминание, и повторение пройденного. Но ненужно загоняться и тратить на это все свое время. С другой стороны, честно выполняйте работу, потому что вы делаете это в первую очередь для себя!

Всем удачного прохождения курса и дальнейших успехов!

P.S. Вы же будете учить и стараться, да?

By Juan P T

Jul 14, 2020

Good way to learn Korean language. Though it may sound easy at first, as the week goes by, the topics discussed becomes a bit difficult and as the instructor mentioned, requires a lot of practice learning sentences either verbally or written. A word of advice: Important to adapt and understand the topics on the first week as this will be very essential to master the succeeding topics for the remainder of this course. Still great job for the instructor as I have learned a new language and continue to practice it.

By sorayaafben

May 03, 2017

Este programa está muy bien planeado, con excelente pedagogía, la Dra. Seung Hae Kang ha realizado muy buen trabajo en la manera de estructurar su clase. La tutora Rachel siempre con buena disposición y muy oportuna en la retroalimentación. Me gustaría que hubiera el siguiente capítulo para continuar el aprendizaje de este hermoso idioma. Realmente ha sido enriquecedor. Muchas gracias.

By Pía A Q S

Mar 30, 2020

Este curso me permitió aproximarme al lenguaje coreano de una manera bastante atractiva, utilizando conceptos que me interesan y que son aplicables en la vida diaria. Las lecciones son precisas, con un material de apoyo muy útil. La profesora es muy clara en sus clases explicativas. Realmente creo que es uno de los mejores cursos de idioma (nivel básico) que he tomado. Muchas Gracias.

By Sara R A

Jul 02, 2017

Un curso fácil de entender y a su vez muy completo. Con un poquito de esfuerzo y dedicación día a día, podrás ser capaz de aprender las nociones básicas para empezar a entender, escribir y hablar coreano. Los vídeos son fáciles de comprender, es cierto que al final del curso los subtítulos en español no aparecen pero teniendo conocimiento de inglés pueden entenderse perfectamente.

By Ashley S

Jun 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and feel like I was able to improve the little bit I knew of korean! That being said I already knew hangul and had a basic understanding, but I could see how this would be difficult for an absolute beginner.

I am thankful that this is available and we are able to take this great course! 정말 고맙습니다!

By Aya M

Jul 04, 2020

최고의 코스를 정말 고맙습니다.이 코스를 통해 들어본 적이 없는 이야기를 다수 교수해 주셔서 세계 제일 시스테마틱한 언어 중 하나인 한국어에 점점 더 매료됐습니다.대한민국을 대표하는 대학 중 하나인 연세대학교와 강 박사와 직원·교원 여러분께 두껍게 감사드립니다. 거듭 참 감사합니다.

Someone who is interested in my review, please translate by Kakao i 번역, https://translate.kakao.com/ Korean technology is really wonderful.

By Cameron B

Jun 16, 2020

I feel like this was a very comprehensive and easy to follow course to learn some basics. I would highly recommend it to anyone trying to learn as learning grammar on your own can be difficult. I would also advise anyone taking it to take notes on all the lectures to help them memorize the material.

By Yanisa L

Jun 25, 2020

This course is well organized and presented. Professor Kang is really nice and she slowly guided me through the lessons. She is good at explanation and given useful exercises. If you don't know anything about Korean language and want to learn, I recommended this course for you!

By AMARIR L

Mar 24, 2020

This course helped me so much to develop my korean language , I already knew alphabets and some simple basics but I had problems when it comes to numbers , hour and days . But now I think I'm getting better . Thank you so much for this course . I really recommend it

By Maria E B R

Jul 14, 2020

Para mí que no tenía la menor idea de nada, me ha servido muchísimo este curso. Ya me siento preparada para enfrentar otros niveles. Muy agradecida por la pedagogía empleada y los recursos empleados. Disfruté mucho el curso. Muchas gracias.

By eugenia

Jun 17, 2020

the instructor has really patient and nice vibes! and the pace is good for a beginner like me :-) it teaches a variety of grammar, vocab and sentence structure, will recommend to those with no/little korean language knowledge!

By Saipooja R

Aug 19, 2019

It was really awesome experience throughout the course .The way the language is taught is really great and the course pattern keeps us persistent to complete the course through tests and much more.

By Alyza J B

Jul 26, 2020

Hope i can study more about your language and other stuffs. Thank you Professor Seung Hae Kang for teaching Korean class. Hope i can meet you in person. Stay safe and Godbless! <3

By Lidia C M F

Aug 02, 2020

Excellent course! I learned a lot and I hope to speak fluently and visit South Korea someday. Thank you Professor, Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

By Штурмин С В

Dec 15, 2018

Acctually I started learning korean language months before, but this course gives me more information. It was very useful to practice my pronunciation.

By ERICA C C

Jun 15, 2020

Me pareció un curso muy bien estructurado, con los elementos necesarios para un primer acercamiento a la lengua Coreana.

By Noelia C T

Apr 22, 2020

Es mi primer curso online y me ha gustado mucho. No se ha hecho pesado y los contenidos están muy bien presentados

By Esther A R

Jul 13, 2018

That's awesome, I realy learn and understand so much, I hope more lessons or another course like this

By Jairylle M C B

Jul 26, 2020

Excellent for first step Korean language. Hoping and looking forward for a next level course offer.

By Liliana V

Sep 03, 2020

Great teaching! It is a good place to start for a beginner. I think I have learnt a lot. 감사합니다!

By Luz C E G

Jul 14, 2019

Excelentes explicaciones y pronunciación. Me gustarían más temas, aunque son bastante variados.