Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

AN

PW
May 27, 2021

useful course for fundamental learners. Everyone can take this course easily.\n\nthe instructor gives me good teaching and more information.\n\nI can basically talk to Korean after finished the class.

626 - 650 of 9,894 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Matthew J

May 31, 2016

I love this course! This course does not require any prior knowledge in the Korean language and with this course I came from absolute beginner with no textbooks and went to knowledge of basic Korean conversation and knowledge of the rich and pure history of the Korean language.

By Andrea P A L

Sep 26, 2020

It was a very complete course, I could really learn about the Korean language and Korean culture. I'm very surprised by myself, too, it's really a challenge to choose Korean as a third language. Thank you very much for letting me be part of this course, I really appreciate it.

By Zack F

Aug 16, 2020

Great starter for those that are venturing into the Korean language. They start with the basics that will assist you in any future learning outside of the class. I had prior experience with Korean on a beginner level, this class really helped to understand the language better.

By Hoang N M

Jun 5, 2020

I love the materials/lessons of this course. It is easy to learn and commonly used on a daily basis. The professor is so professional and helpful. Her instructions are clear and easy to understand. This is overall one of the best Korean For Beginners courses I've taken so far.

By Rutuja p

Jul 4, 2021

It was very helpful and pretty easy to understand..of course it will take practice to make the roots strong...Miss Seung Hae Kang did an excellent job and I thank her for making my learning experience more smooth. Thank you Yonsei university for this amazing beginners course.

By Miranda S L

Mar 14, 2021

Me gustó bastante, fue muy sencillo de entender gracias a la explicación de la profesora exponente y agradecí mucho que tuvieran límites de entrega donde uno se puede adaptar, lo recomiendo mucho para iniciar y aprender lo básico del lenguaje para al menos lograr comunicarte.

By Agala G N N

Feb 5, 2021

I started learning Korean because of BTS, a Great course. This will helps to improve basic knowledge of the Korean language. Welcome, all colleagues from different countries to follow this course .Kamsamnida YOSEI University and Coursera

Love from Sri Lanka...................

By Supanit W

I think this course will be suit to all beginner student. I spend two or three days a week to study this course. I think it was a little time but this course has cover the thing that you should know. I can understand simple setence and the word for using in daily life. Thanks

By Wedyan A S

Jun 13, 2018

This course provides the necessary information about Korean , it's very useful. I really love this course and I have learned a lot and I look forward to learning more. Professor Seung Hae Kang was so kind and dedicated , Thank you for being a remarkable teacher.God bless you.

By Holly B

Oct 23, 2020

I can't believe it's over! This course was a delight. I enjoyed the instructor, the study materials, etc. It's a well-designed course with challenging, but not frustrating, assessments at the end of each week. Thank you, Yonsei University and Professor Seung Hae Kang. 고맙습니다!

By Aqua

Sep 11, 2020

The class was excellent. I like that I didn't need to get hung up on the romanization crutch and just listen closely to pronunciation. It was a good pace and I could easily go back to review material. The pronunciation spreadsheet was fantastic. I want to keep learning more!

By Eunice R

Aug 30, 2020

The professor understands and respects that we are doing the course as a second language, so she always takes the time to repeat the vocabulary, sentences, and every example of the lesson. The practice of the material is the key to do well. I can't wait to take more classes!

By Ana M M A

Aug 29, 2020

Perfectamente bien explicado, con ejemplos fáciles de seguir. Este material enseña lo más básico que se debe saber del idioma. La maestra explica de forma impecable y su pronunciación en inglés es excelente, por lo que sus explicaciones son absolutamente fáciles de entender.

By Raneen B

Jun 19, 2020

I love the course <3 .It's fun, easy and suitable for beginner.Everything was well explained & I really enjoyed the content. The practice exercises help understanding the lesson better.It'll help more if the romanization available.I'd like if there is level 2 course. 감사합니다

By Jessica R

Jun 7, 2020

Me pareció que estaba bien estructurado el curso, se enseñaron diferentes temas y palabras a lo largo de las 5 semanas. Me gustó cómo se explicaban los conceptos y su respectiva pronunciación, fue de gran ayuda tener diálogos por cada tema para así complementar la escritura.

By Charissa F

Very informative and easy to understand. The lessons were broken down into manageable sections which were easy to complete on time. It was nice having a Korean speaker so that I could hear the sounds as opposed to just reading what I thought they were supposed to sound like.

By cris F

Aug 31, 2021

this is great if you want to start learning Korean from the start. there is a lot of usefull things theached here that you should know ,even if you are not going to go to Korea, for kdramas or kpop. the material provided is also great. i for sure recomend taking this curse.

By Elizabeth R D

Sep 19, 2020

I learned how to read, write and talk in korean. I can ask and answer basic questions and i know that with this and more practice i can be fluent in korean. This will aid me if i got lost in my next travel, if i meet someone new or if i need something. Thank you teacher!!!!

By Mitch C

Aug 13, 2020

This is a very helpful course for learning basic Korean language. The simple conversation parts on the start of every lesson were very useful and the Review segments to culminate each week's lesson were also beneficial. I'm looking forward in learning more of this language!

By Anna J F

Jul 3, 2020

This is a good course for people who wants to learn the basics of Korean language. Seonsaengnim is really good in explaining everything. I have learned a lot and remembered everything that was taught. I hope you'll offer more financial aid for your Korean language courses.

By Sanjana G

Jun 18, 2020

This course is very helpful for the beginners who want to learn Korean.It covers from the vowels and consonants to reading and writing basics and basic conversation that one might need to survive in Korea

loved the course and would definitely recommend it to the beginners

By Yajaira H

Jun 15, 2020

I really enjoyed the course! The teacher was very detailed and through in her explanations so I was able to grasp the material of every lesson with more precision. The transcript at the bottom of each video was also helpful as were the handouts that came with every lesson.

By Megan V

I really liked the format of this course and how they gave you multiple practices in the videos to enhance your learning. I also liked how they brought back some concepts from previous lessons to later ones so that you do not forget the most important structures in Korean.

By Feza A

Aug 27, 2021

I found this course quite helpful. Why is that? because this course the methods used in learning are quite interesting and the explanations are very easy to understand. In addition, this course is free with the support of educational staff who are experts in their fields.

By Ei E S

Jul 21, 2021

Firstly, I expressed thank to Professor Seung Hae Kang for your invaluable lectures. I am from Myanmar. During serious pandemic and political crises, I can learn many courses involving Korean Language at home. I will continue to learn Korean if I have a chance. Thank you!