Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

AG
Dec 15, 2020

Great course for refreshing your python basics, and any beginner looking to pick up Python basics will be in a comfortable spot after completing this course and a bit of practice with the assignments.

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

326 - 350 of 1,519 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Alexander B

Jan 14, 2020

Course is easy to understand and mostly easy to follow. The practise parts helped a lot for keeping everything in mind.

It is just a pitty on the certificate nothing is written about Python.

By James C

Aug 24, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. It certainly does not hold your hand! However you get from it what you put into it. learning = desire_to_learn,

if desire_to_learn != time:

learning = False

By Janaina N C C

Apr 8, 2020

Thanks a lot to Jennifer Campbell and Paul Gries! They use an easy language and explain a lot of details that beginners like me didn't know. Already looking for another course with you! :)

By Luis E G R

Feb 20, 2020

Me ha encantado. Siendo muy suscinto en sus videos y lecturas, toca cada tema con profundidad y brinda unas claves que impulsan y facilitan el auto-aprendizaje. Felicitaciones y gracias!

By mridula m

Jul 7, 2020

This is an excellent course for beginners. The faculties are amazing. The assignment, quiz during lectures and weekly assessment give a clear insight to the concepts. Thank you so much!!!

By Kien N

Jul 5, 2021

Easy to follow and simple course for beginners who are new to python and those who want to refresh their python language. Quizzes and assignments for weekly lessons is good for practice.

By NIKHIL R N

Jul 13, 2020

Well the course was really interesting. The class were never boring cause there were interactive quiz in the middle to make it even more interesting, and the teaching was really amazing.

By Dorival B T F

Jan 30, 2020

It is a detailed enough course to demonstrate how much the Python language has evolved. It makes clear the need to seek more in-depth techniques and knowledge of the resources presented.

By Kevin L L

Mar 3, 2021

Simply and well explained, although I recommend follow the classes with the recommended book (in one of the first classes they mention it), for deeper learning. Absolutely recommend it!

By David M

Jun 25, 2017

This course was just right for me as a beginning coder. It challenged me to think in detail about how the code works, while remaining clear and practical with its material and examples.

By Andy B

Aug 12, 2017

Great primer on the basics of programming and Python. Some of the videos can be fast paced and may require additional viewings but it's worth it. I'm glad I stuck with it and finished.

By Elroy A K Y

Aug 17, 2019

I was originally a C++ programming student and never thought I will ever get to python. But this course, thanks to the lecturers, has opened a gate in my life. I am grateful

Thanks, K~

By Steve T

Mar 1, 2018

Great, well instructed course. It helped with no only learning the fundamentals of Python, but also how to use them practically which is often missing from other programming courses.

By Severo B

Apr 6, 2020

Awesome course! Recommended especially if you don't have any programming knowledge. Even if I knew some programming concepts already, I found it very useful to strengthen the basics!

By Francesca D M

Mar 30, 2020

It's a perfect course if you have no knowledge of Python. If you do have some knowledge, I think you might be interested in something more advanced. Great step to start! I enjoyed it

By Zi J C

Apr 16, 2019

The bite-sized videos make the contents easy to digest. The mini-quizzes in the videos, the quizzes at the end of the week, and coding assignments help us to gauge our understanding.

By Marshall T

One fo the coruses that lets you see how to use IDLE. Its better than datacamp because the quizzes really force you think about the logic rather than just copy pasty code verbatim

By Thomas L

Sep 28, 2018

A very nice course. It is not that easy as I thought at the beginning. Everybody who wants to learn programming and to learn python (a realy nice language) should take this course.

By Ishita P

Jan 19, 2021

This was an excellent course that taught a lot. I did this course because I wanted to review programming, but it is excellent for beginners as well. Very thorough and informative.

By Muhammad A F

Jan 20, 2020

Truly recommended for beginners. The course's pace is just right, and the material is no to deep but still makes you think like a programmer. Really motivated for the next course.

By Martin G

Jun 5, 2018

This is a perfect course for me as I am just getting back into programming after a 1 year break. Very intuitive and simple to use, and easy to understand. Thank you and great job!

By Rishabh M

Jul 20, 2020

I had a bit of programming experience but not in Python. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn the basics of programming/ basics in Python. Kudos to the instructors!

By MacMike

Apr 24, 2020

A well-designed course with testing tests and gentle presentation that covers a broad introduction to Python. Now on to Paul and Jennifer's next course - Crafting Quality Code...