Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA

Aug 18, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

VF

The explanation of each module was perfect, every bit was understood. The mentor was also very helpful in the forum. I wish there was a part 2 of the course to keep learning with the same professors.

1151 - 1175 of 1,315 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Oscar E L

May 15, 2017

GOOD INTRO FOR SOMEONE WITH NO PROGRAMING EXPERIENCE, THE MATERIAL WAS OK TO FOLLOW AND THE RESOURCES PROVIDED FILLED THE BLANKS, GOOD COURSE!

By Gjhosh Z

Jun 22, 2017

Good started for learning python fundamental, very recommended for a new programmer who start want to learn Python. Thanks you for the course

By Muhammad N

Apr 03, 2020

Such a wonderful course, it helps the students to understand the concepts of programming and with many quizzes to help them apply the ideas.

By Lance W

Jul 29, 2017

Good introduction to computer programming. If you already know a language, skip this course, if you don't then this is a great start point.

By Olesia H

May 05, 2017

Thanks for this course,

Well presented material for study and understandably explained in the video. Bit I'd like more exercises and tests.

By Jessica M

Jul 21, 2017

the content was good. I found it helpful. The audio quality was a little distracting and made it difficult to follow some of the lectures.

By Harry Y

Jul 28, 2019

The video quality can still be improved, and more feedback can be given on homework and quizzes.

Otherwise, a great course for beginners.

By Tychinin N

Dec 30, 2019

This course is good enough to start learning python! I've enjoyed learning language during the course. Thanks a lot for the developers!

By Fady S R S

Sep 12, 2019

it was a very good source for me as a beginner. the sequence also motivated me to keep going week after week. thanks for your efforts

By Katayoon S m

Aug 27, 2019

up to week six was good, but then I got lost. I think the instructors should explain the week six material better and go to details.

By Dominique D

Jan 03, 2018

The course was very informative and interesting. It taught me a lot about the fundamentals of Python and I really enjoyed the class.

By Arvinder P S

Apr 08, 2018

This is a fantastic course specially for beginners. Tutors are highly skilled and clears (nearly) all doubts about Python basics.

By Jorge S

Jun 15, 2020

I feel like the way the questions in tests are explained could be better. I'd say the same thing for some parts of the projects.

By Ganesh V

Feb 24, 2017

This is a great course for beginners . If you can spend more time after the second week, you will get best out of the course .

By Andreea U

Feb 12, 2020

Very good balance between giving clues and leaving the student figure out the solution. A good introduction to programming.

By Mohamed E

Oct 13, 2019

i actually enjoyed the course, especially the final exam when my gf came and prayed that i solve it, and guess what? i did!

Mar 07, 2018

If you want to start the python from basic, then this is the right platform.There are lots of fun in the course assignment

By Preeti I K

Jul 25, 2020

It's very useful for this lockdown period it will be helpful so thank you for Coursera for this opportunity ..thankyou .

By Balaji G

Mar 04, 2018

Excellent introduction to Python . Instructors have a very good technique for explaining complex topics in a simple way

By Álvaro C R

May 27, 2017

Good course in general, some of the descriptions of the functions to complete in assignments and exams were confusing.

By RaviTeja N

Dec 11, 2016

This course is very good for the beginners but the last two weeks lack some content which is required for the quizzes.

By Tan W Y

Sep 19, 2017

will be great to introduce other useful operators such as += etc. also, will be great if can teach the basic of OOP.

By Seha I O

May 30, 2017

Quick introduction to the basics of Python. It was easy to follow, and assignments were straightforward. Thanks!

By Peter M

Nov 13, 2016

Well taught course which does as it says and introduces the fundamentals of programming using the python language.

By Jennifer L

Jan 22, 2018

Great course. Loved that the quizzes were graded without having to pay. Assignments were challenging, but doable.