Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA

Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

AG

Dec 15, 2020

Great course for refreshing your python basics, and any beginner looking to pick up Python basics will be in a comfortable spot after completing this course and a bit of practice with the assignments.

1351 - 1375 of 1,592 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Handra

Feb 17, 2018

The instruction given during the assessment is sometimes unclear. The description is as well sometimes too lengthy that can cause to confusion, especially for non-native English speaker.

By Rajesh S

Apr 23, 2017

i thoroughly enjoyed this course though i am new to programming ,This course has not only helped me learn python fundamentals but laid a good foundation to develop programmatic thinking.

By Motti S

Apr 29, 2019

Great course. I would have liked to also learn what other areas of fundamental programming are out there. As in, where to go from here in terms of developing further programming skills.

By  viktor

Nov 2, 2018

I liked the course, but it was more difficult than I expected, and you need more information than in videos to finish assignments. Never the less it was a good course, thanks a lot.

By 150asaf

Oct 16, 2021

I think the assignments are too easy and do not cover all the material, maybe you need to write harder assignments to let us cope with harder challenges in the programming thinking

By Zachary S

Jul 30, 2017

The class was great, and comprehensive up until about the 5th week. Then, everything seemed to get really confusing. I would expand more upon while loops and writing/reading files.

By Luis C H

Nov 20, 2017

If you already knew something about programming it may be a bit slow, but it helps getting a deep understanding of what you are doing. For absolute begginers it should be perfect.

By Anton K

May 1, 2021

Good structured learning of the basics. Nice pop up quizzes and end of week tests. The assignments were challenging but doable. Nice course ,, a nice base to start learning from.

By Kevin M

Mar 3, 2017

A little advanced with the concepts, but if you re-watch the videos and take your time with the assignments, it will help give you a greater understanding of the work in class.

By Oluwanifesimi F A

May 15, 2022

Very well taught. Not exactly self explanatory as the course gives a lot of room for practicing, you can't progress if you dont practice. Overall the tutors are excellent

By Vinod S

Sep 13, 2017

Course was good. In my personal opinion this was difficult and not for person with no background in programming. Instructors were good but at many places they just rushed.

By Jason W

Mar 24, 2018

Excellent course. Great for total beginners to programming. There are a few mistakes that prevent me from giving it five stars but if I could, I would give it 4.5 stars.

By Bruce M

Aug 14, 2017

More explanation of reading and writing files would be appreciated. I could never get these to work so i felt I missed out on a chunk of useful material. Good otherwise

By Rex S

Apr 11, 2020

The content is very biginner friendly and easy to understand. However the audio recording quality sometimes not very good. A very good option for your 1st python class!

By Cuzbo

Dec 18, 2016

It's great course. I enjoyed every lecture. 4 stars just because sometimes videos and book weren't enough for me to understand so I looked for additional online help.

By Rob K

Mar 1, 2020

Very good course for me as a beginner in Python and coding in general. I feel I'm in a good place now to dive deeper into Python and learn other languages as well.

By Shrikant C

Mar 26, 2018

Good start to learning programming language.

However, it teaches programming through Scratch only. Few additional lectures with C++/Python would have been an ideal.

By Julian S

Aug 28, 2017

Exceptional course and teachers.

This is an excellent beginner course that offers a certificate as well.

Great for the resume and for personal learning.

Recommended.

By Ayush G

Dec 23, 2021

It is a very nice course to start with, but the structure of assignments isn't that good, it should include more coding rather than completing the the given code

By Santiago B

Oct 22, 2017

This was a great introducing course. I have no knowledge about programming before doing this course and I was able to understand all and I learnt a lot. Thanks!!

By Sebastián G D

Aug 2, 2020

Its a great course bat some videos don´t have traduction to spanish and that its complicated for people like me that don´t understand all the words in english

By Rebecca W

Apr 2, 2020

Great introductory course. Covers a broad range of topics.

Would have enjoyed more assignments... However, the assignments provided were a good learning tool.

By AMIN A

Jul 5, 2017

I highly recommend this course. It opens the door to programming fields. It helps the people to get into programming and being more involved in this field.

By Michael P

Jan 14, 2019

Good intro to basics of Python programming that doesn't waste too much time and instils some good habits. Interesting look at memory management by Python.

By Alejandro G

Mar 21, 2018

The course is really focused in the fundamentals and tricks to program code in a smart and efficient way avoiding duplicating lines when is not necessary.