Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

AG
Dec 15, 2020

Great course for refreshing your python basics, and any beginner looking to pick up Python basics will be in a comfortable spot after completing this course and a bit of practice with the assignments.

1251 - 1275 of 1,462 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Kevin M

Mar 3, 2017

A little advanced with the concepts, but if you re-watch the videos and take your time with the assignments, it will help give you a greater understanding of the work in class.

By Vinod S

Sep 13, 2017

Course was good. In my personal opinion this was difficult and not for person with no background in programming. Instructors were good but at many places they just rushed.

By Jason W

Mar 24, 2018

Excellent course. Great for total beginners to programming. There are a few mistakes that prevent me from giving it five stars but if I could, I would give it 4.5 stars.

By Bruce M

Aug 14, 2017

More explanation of reading and writing files would be appreciated. I could never get these to work so i felt I missed out on a chunk of useful material. Good otherwise

By Rex S

Apr 11, 2020

The content is very biginner friendly and easy to understand. However the audio recording quality sometimes not very good. A very good option for your 1st python class!

By Cuzbo

Dec 18, 2016

It's great course. I enjoyed every lecture. 4 stars just because sometimes videos and book weren't enough for me to understand so I looked for additional online help.

By Rob K

Mar 1, 2020

Very good course for me as a beginner in Python and coding in general. I feel I'm in a good place now to dive deeper into Python and learn other languages as well.

By Shrikant C

Mar 26, 2018

Good start to learning programming language.

However, it teaches programming through Scratch only. Few additional lectures with C++/Python would have been an ideal.

By Julian S

Aug 28, 2017

Exceptional course and teachers.

This is an excellent beginner course that offers a certificate as well.

Great for the resume and for personal learning.

Recommended.

By Santiago B

Oct 22, 2017

This was a great introducing course. I have no knowledge about programming before doing this course and I was able to understand all and I learnt a lot. Thanks!!

By Sebastián G D

Aug 2, 2020

Its a great course bat some videos don´t have traduction to spanish and that its complicated for people like me that don´t understand all the words in english

By Rebecca W

Apr 2, 2020

Great introductory course. Covers a broad range of topics.

Would have enjoyed more assignments... However, the assignments provided were a good learning tool.

By AMIN A

Jul 5, 2017

I highly recommend this course. It opens the door to programming fields. It helps the people to get into programming and being more involved in this field.

By Michael P

Jan 14, 2019

Good intro to basics of Python programming that doesn't waste too much time and instils some good habits. Interesting look at memory management by Python.

By Alejandro G

Mar 21, 2018

The course is really focused in the fundamentals and tricks to program code in a smart and efficient way avoiding duplicating lines when is not necessary.

By Erick R

Feb 8, 2020

Sometimes a little fast to follow, but very good in general. With this introductory course, I can already start using python for some academic projects.

By Katrina I

Jun 4, 2020

Good introductory course, some of the concepts were not explained very well, and I needed to seek external help. The quizzes and assignments were good.

By Darren H

Feb 16, 2020

There are some things that are questionable and very confusing on the quizzes. Wish this course was a little more updated and using more modern Python.

By karan b

May 2, 2017

This code is great to learn the fundamentals of Python. The videos are interactive and the quizzes and assignments will help you practice it in detail.

By SHLOK B G

Oct 16, 2020

Good learning material I am impressed with the tricky level of question which stuck at many points.

The level hardness of the Questions are very good.

By MURALIDHARAN V K

May 27, 2017

A very good course for anyone who wants to start learning Python. Enjoyed the quizzes and assignments. Makes us understand the concepts really well.

By Adam J

May 11, 2017

This course was great, my only complaint is that some of the assignment feedback was not entirely clear, but a little extra time went a long way.

By Asdoost

Jun 15, 2020

Everything was good except the quizzes and assignments. In quizzes there was no feedback and in assignments you couldn't see the tests.

By Matteo E

Aug 17, 2017

I really enjoyed the course and it has been satisfing. I'm going keep studying python also thanks to Dr. Jennifer Campbell and Dr. Paul Gries.

By Oscar E L

May 15, 2017

GOOD INTRO FOR SOMEONE WITH NO PROGRAMING EXPERIENCE, THE MATERIAL WAS OK TO FOLLOW AND THE RESOURCES PROVIDED FILLED THE BLANKS, GOOD COURSE!