Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

AG
Dec 15, 2020

Great course for refreshing your python basics, and any beginner looking to pick up Python basics will be in a comfortable spot after completing this course and a bit of practice with the assignments.

1326 - 1350 of 1,529 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Michael P

Jan 14, 2019

Good intro to basics of Python programming that doesn't waste too much time and instils some good habits. Interesting look at memory management by Python.

By Alejandro G

Mar 21, 2018

The course is really focused in the fundamentals and tricks to program code in a smart and efficient way avoiding duplicating lines when is not necessary.

By Erick R

Feb 8, 2020

Sometimes a little fast to follow, but very good in general. With this introductory course, I can already start using python for some academic projects.

By Katrina I

Jun 4, 2020

Good introductory course, some of the concepts were not explained very well, and I needed to seek external help. The quizzes and assignments were good.

By Darren H

Feb 16, 2020

There are some things that are questionable and very confusing on the quizzes. Wish this course was a little more updated and using more modern Python.

By Karan B

May 2, 2017

This code is great to learn the fundamentals of Python. The videos are interactive and the quizzes and assignments will help you practice it in detail.

By SHLOK B G

Oct 16, 2020

Good learning material I am impressed with the tricky level of question which stuck at many points.

The level hardness of the Questions are very good.

By MURALIDHARAN V K

May 27, 2017

A very good course for anyone who wants to start learning Python. Enjoyed the quizzes and assignments. Makes us understand the concepts really well.

By Adam J

May 11, 2017

This course was great, my only complaint is that some of the assignment feedback was not entirely clear, but a little extra time went a long way.

By Asdoost

Jun 15, 2020

Everything was good except the quizzes and assignments. In quizzes there was no feedback and in assignments you couldn't see the tests.

By Matteo E

Aug 17, 2017

I really enjoyed the course and it has been satisfing. I'm going keep studying python also thanks to Dr. Jennifer Campbell and Dr. Paul Gries.

By Oscar E L

May 15, 2017

GOOD INTRO FOR SOMEONE WITH NO PROGRAMING EXPERIENCE, THE MATERIAL WAS OK TO FOLLOW AND THE RESOURCES PROVIDED FILLED THE BLANKS, GOOD COURSE!

By Gjhosh Z

Jun 22, 2017

Good started for learning python fundamental, very recommended for a new programmer who start want to learn Python. Thanks you for the course

By Muhammad N

Apr 3, 2020

Such a wonderful course, it helps the students to understand the concepts of programming and with many quizzes to help them apply the ideas.

By Lance W

Jul 28, 2017

Good introduction to computer programming. If you already know a language, skip this course, if you don't then this is a great start point.

By Olesia H

May 5, 2017

Thanks for this course,

Well presented material for study and understandably explained in the video. Bit I'd like more exercises and tests.

By Jessica M

Jul 21, 2017

the content was good. I found it helpful. The audio quality was a little distracting and made it difficult to follow some of the lectures.

By Harry Y

Jul 28, 2019

The video quality can still be improved, and more feedback can be given on homework and quizzes.

Otherwise, a great course for beginners.

By kombo a m

Aug 18, 2020

I like the way the instructors deliver the content, step by step poo-a-poco which made it easy to understand even for beginners like me

By Tychinin N

Dec 30, 2019

This course is good enough to start learning python! I've enjoyed learning language during the course. Thanks a lot for the developers!

By Fady S

Sep 12, 2019

it was a very good source for me as a beginner. the sequence also motivated me to keep going week after week. thanks for your efforts

By Katayoon S m

Aug 27, 2019

up to week six was good, but then I got lost. I think the instructors should explain the week six material better and go to details.

By Dominique D

Jan 2, 2018

The course was very informative and interesting. It taught me a lot about the fundamentals of Python and I really enjoyed the class.

By Arvinder P S

Apr 8, 2018

This is a fantastic course specially for beginners. Tutors are highly skilled and clears (nearly) all doubts about Python basics.

By Manfred D

Mar 25, 2021

pro: gute Themenauswahl und Beispiele

con: teilweise schlechtes Audio und Fragestellungen in Test teilweise nicht gut verständlich