Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

AG
Dec 15, 2020

Great course for refreshing your python basics, and any beginner looking to pick up Python basics will be in a comfortable spot after completing this course and a bit of practice with the assignments.

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

151 - 175 of 1,457 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By 尹晓涵

Mar 20, 2018

I really enjoy the course. It helped me to solidify the fundamentals and helped to understand what I don't know before. Really thank you two teachers have explained everything so carefully and patiently. I will join the following courses if your college to learn the PYTHON.

Sincerely

By Jeremy C

Apr 5, 2020

I had started a number of other online Python courses before finding this one. The instructors, Jennifer and Paul, are fantastic. Their calm, clear explanation of fundamental python concepts kept me motivated and allowed me to finally finish an online course in Python. Thank you!

By Jens B S

May 1, 2017

I loved how the courses assumes no previous knowledge, and allows for a slow build of coding know how. I especially enjoyed the examples that I could code along with in IDLE. I don't pretend to understand coding after this course, however think that it is a could foundation for f

By Helen S

Aug 17, 2017

The use of demonstration and written instructions in the videos make the lessons very easy to follow. The quizzes in the lessons are very relevant. The tests and assignments make the learning more meaningful! This is by far the best instructional course for learning programming.

By Chew W S

Apr 28, 2017

I love this course for it addressed a lot of the basics which I am not fully able to handle all this while. Thanks to all the instructors, you all have done a great job in this course! The Final Exam is so challenging and it took me 3 times to pass the Final! Thank you so much!

By Lu

Aug 13, 2020

Excellent Course!! it's great for beginners, it contains very good explanations and the teachers are always answering the forums very quickly which is nice. A special thanks to them. The only thing I would add to this course is more practical exercises such as the assignments.

By Siddharth R

Dec 5, 2017

An amazing course which focuses on the basics of Python in a very clear manner. The practice assignments were of great help. All the quiz and assignments ensure that we understand the concepts better. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to start learning python

By Nadeen E

Jan 30, 2019

great course! instructors explain content well. though this is a beginners course, the time it takes to complete tasks is not as listed. which is okay, just a reminder that some people may need more time to complete each task and understand them well for videos and quizzes.

By Luis F R O

Feb 1, 2021

Genial curso, desde el principio se dan grandes avances del dominio y lo que se puede hacer, ademas que es interactivo aunque sea virtual con clases grabadas, hay unas preguntas durante casi todas las clases, ayudan a mantenerlo concentrado a uno y verificando lo aprendido.

By Stoyan S

Jan 31, 2017

A truly awesome course that I highly recommend to anyone new to programming. If you're serious though, you should get a book to supplement what you learn here, whether it is the recommended book from the course or one of the many free e-books that concentrate on Python 3.x,

By Julian D M V

Oct 31, 2020

I love this course so much. I tried Python before but other courses were not as clear as this one. Besides the instructors and the teaching staff explain and answer questions in the forums in the most detailed manner. This is the start in my software development journey,

By Parth D

Jun 19, 2019

A great course for beginners! Both the instructors were evidently skilled and knew how to explain the course content in a simple yet understandable manner. Thoroughly enjoyed the course and would definitely recommend it for beginners hoping to learn the basics to python.

By Silviu N

Sep 29, 2018

Thank you Professors Paul Gries and Jennifer Campbell! I recommend this course to anyone interested in programming, because it very well covers the fundamentals, and that's the most important aspect when you start learning something new. You're learning all that matters.

By Tim K

Dec 8, 2016

Thanks to you both! I found your presentation concise and pleasant. You gave enough examples that I could reference them later on if I needed them, but not so many that it bogged down the pace of the class. I look forward to the next course you produce. Thanks again.

By Doris C

Mar 20, 2019

I really loved this course! What I liked the most (besides the video classes) were the fact that when I was uncertain about something I could ask in the forum and the teacher would reply as soon as possible. I'm definitely going to keep studying, thanks for this course!

By Jaeoh L

Jun 2, 2020

As a beginner, I could easily understand 90% of the lessons. Other 10% I had to google to understand the lessons better. The three assignments are great. They require utilization of the lessons covered. Problems on the quizzes makes you think. Great fundamental course!

By Muhammed B

Oct 19, 2017

Thank you for having giving me my first experience in computer programming. The settings of the assignments timeline was great; it gave me the opportunity to finish the course after the deadline on October 6. I hope to have another course with beautiful souls like you.

By Laura H M

Jul 7, 2020

The course follows a good structure and pace. The lecture videos are easy to follow and are complemented with lecture summaries that I found extremely helpful in order to remember the content. Overall, a well taught course to get familiar with Python. I recommend it.

By Nittay M

Oct 18, 2017

Great course! with no programming experience at all, and in a bit more than two weeks, I feel like I really understand the basics of Python programming. I have even already applied the knowledge in my work! Thanks to articulate lectures and a right set of practices .

By Timothy C

Jul 2, 2018

Great beginner course, but will stress that this is very much a beginner course. For anyone with good understanding of other languages, you will find this very easy and somewhat redundant as it spends a good deal of material teaching the fundamentals of programming.

By Ric L

Jun 21, 2017

Really enjoyed this course, especially the assignments. Some of the lectures seemed brief and you do have to research some information outside of the course. Most importantly when doing the exams, IDLE and using the console are the best way to learn, test and pass

By Daniel W

Mar 4, 2018

This course was put into small bite size pieces with a good mix of theory and practice. It's short and sweet. I would recommend this for anyone who has a reasonable sense of logic and arithmetic and looking to begin programming.

The mentoring was incredibly useful.

By Flavio D

Dec 17, 2020

This course is very well done, I learned a lot! Of course is not easy, but with a bit of effort I got it done! Professors are always there to let you understand concepts and I really appreciate that they were quick and clear in their responses.

Thank you very much!

By Jennifer A C R

Aug 17, 2020

Aprender de la manera difícil. Este curso siempre me presentó retos, pero no hubiera adquirido mejores fundamentos en ningún otro curso. Lo recomiendo demasiado si quieren quedar bien preparados. Gracias a la Universidad del Valle que me dió acceso al certificado.

By Ramesh P

Nov 5, 2017

I liked the course. I liked it how how it was paced and organized. I am fairly new to the idea of computing but i believe that i can now jump into next level having learned the fundamentals of the programming based on python. Thank you to the Teachers and mentors.