Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

AG
Dec 15, 2020

Great course for refreshing your python basics, and any beginner looking to pick up Python basics will be in a comfortable spot after completing this course and a bit of practice with the assignments.

301 - 325 of 1,452 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Kevin L L

Mar 3, 2021

Simply and well explained, although I recommend follow the classes with the recommended book (in one of the first classes they mention it), for deeper learning. Absolutely recommend it!

By David M

Jun 25, 2017

This course was just right for me as a beginning coder. It challenged me to think in detail about how the code works, while remaining clear and practical with its material and examples.

By Andy B

Aug 12, 2017

Great primer on the basics of programming and Python. Some of the videos can be fast paced and may require additional viewings but it's worth it. I'm glad I stuck with it and finished.

By Elroy A K Y

Aug 17, 2019

I was originally a C++ programming student and never thought I will ever get to python. But this course, thanks to the lecturers, has opened a gate in my life. I am grateful

Thanks, K~

By Steve T

Mar 1, 2018

Great, well instructed course. It helped with no only learning the fundamentals of Python, but also how to use them practically which is often missing from other programming courses.

By Severo B

Apr 6, 2020

Awesome course! Recommended especially if you don't have any programming knowledge. Even if I knew some programming concepts already, I found it very useful to strengthen the basics!

By Francesca D M

Mar 30, 2020

It's a perfect course if you have no knowledge of Python. If you do have some knowledge, I think you might be interested in something more advanced. Great step to start! I enjoyed it

By Zi J C

Apr 16, 2019

The bite-sized videos make the contents easy to digest. The mini-quizzes in the videos, the quizzes at the end of the week, and coding assignments help us to gauge our understanding.

By Marshall T

One fo the coruses that lets you see how to use IDLE. Its better than datacamp because the quizzes really force you think about the logic rather than just copy pasty code verbatim

By Thomas L

Sep 28, 2018

A very nice course. It is not that easy as I thought at the beginning. Everybody who wants to learn programming and to learn python (a realy nice language) should take this course.

By Ishita P

Jan 19, 2021

This was an excellent course that taught a lot. I did this course because I wanted to review programming, but it is excellent for beginners as well. Very thorough and informative.

By Muhammad A F

Jan 20, 2020

Truly recommended for beginners. The course's pace is just right, and the material is no to deep but still makes you think like a programmer. Really motivated for the next course.

By Martin G

Jun 5, 2018

This is a perfect course for me as I am just getting back into programming after a 1 year break. Very intuitive and simple to use, and easy to understand. Thank you and great job!

By Rishabh M

Jul 20, 2020

I had a bit of programming experience but not in Python. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn the basics of programming/ basics in Python. Kudos to the instructors!

By MacMike

Apr 24, 2020

A well-designed course with testing tests and gentle presentation that covers a broad introduction to Python. Now on to Paul and Jennifer's next course - Crafting Quality Code...

By Ray G

Mar 2, 2019

Really good Python course! Good lectures and references. Autograding enforces learning; ensures learning the concepts as well as the details needed to be efficient with Python.

By Alex B

Jun 29, 2020

I had no background in Python prior to this course. The instructors and mentors really help guide your growth and completing this course gave me a great sense of accomplishment.

By João F d A J

Dec 19, 2019

It's pretty good,I am not so good in english. i like it very much because i did know about docstrinc of functions and "python functional",is very easy to learn with this course.

By anu g

Jul 3, 2019

super good to follow and lots of nicely tricky questions. would love more programming assignments though. i thought it would lead up to one that we would do mostly on our own!

By Michael O O

Aug 20, 2018

This is the best programming lecture I have taken so far. I trusted the competence (ability to simplify the concepts) of the lecturers and that kept me to the end of the course.

By Tan W C

Apr 5, 2020

This is a very good course with very hands on approach that teaches basic Python. And also the quiz is challenging your understanding and often i learned more from it. Thanks!

By Omeri R

Oct 4, 2019

The teachers are great and the workflow is fast, you get hands-on right away and the forum provides answers really fast! I think it's a great start for people to learn Python.

By Can Ü

Aug 20, 2018

Great course with very engaging material. I had no prior experience with Python, this course made it possible for me to start writing some basic code. Very highly recommended!