Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

PC
Jun 4, 2021

Well taught, assignemnts are just right in complexity, its hard enough to no be easy and but not to be frustrating and tests challange your knowledge enough for it to be rewarding to complete with 80%

351 - 375 of 1,528 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Martin G

Jun 5, 2018

This is a perfect course for me as I am just getting back into programming after a 1 year break. Very intuitive and simple to use, and easy to understand. Thank you and great job!

By Rishabh M

Jul 20, 2020

I had a bit of programming experience but not in Python. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn the basics of programming/ basics in Python. Kudos to the instructors!

By MacMike

Apr 24, 2020

A well-designed course with testing tests and gentle presentation that covers a broad introduction to Python. Now on to Paul and Jennifer's next course - Crafting Quality Code...

By Ray G

Mar 2, 2019

Really good Python course! Good lectures and references. Autograding enforces learning; ensures learning the concepts as well as the details needed to be efficient with Python.

By Alex B

Jun 29, 2020

I had no background in Python prior to this course. The instructors and mentors really help guide your growth and completing this course gave me a great sense of accomplishment.

By João F d A J

Dec 19, 2019

It's pretty good,I am not so good in english. i like it very much because i did know about docstrinc of functions and "python functional",is very easy to learn with this course.

By anu g

Jul 3, 2019

super good to follow and lots of nicely tricky questions. would love more programming assignments though. i thought it would lead up to one that we would do mostly on our own!

By Michael O O

Aug 20, 2018

This is the best programming lecture I have taken so far. I trusted the competence (ability to simplify the concepts) of the lecturers and that kept me to the end of the course.

By Tan W C

Apr 5, 2020

This is a very good course with very hands on approach that teaches basic Python. And also the quiz is challenging your understanding and often i learned more from it. Thanks!

By Omer R H

Oct 4, 2019

The teachers are great and the workflow is fast, you get hands-on right away and the forum provides answers really fast! I think it's a great start for people to learn Python.

By Can Ü

Aug 20, 2018

Great course with very engaging material. I had no prior experience with Python, this course made it possible for me to start writing some basic code. Very highly recommended!

By Marc G

Jul 24, 2018

Really designed couse. Makes it the somewhat abstract and at times intimidating material very approachable. Look forward to the next in the series: L2P: Crafting Quality Code

By Michael D

Apr 27, 2017

This was an excellent course. So well designed, and really carefully planned. Great professors. The assignments and the exams really help with developing knowledge. Thank you!

By Sanjana B

Jun 6, 2020

This is my first course on coursera. I loved this course. This is the best I could start programming in Python. The assignments were good and helped in the learning process.

By Alison

Aug 5, 2019

The course is friendly to new programmers, and its great design of videos and quizzes helps the learner to fully understand what each piece of code means and how it results.

By Viesturs A

Feb 22, 2019

The information from teachers comes in very concentrate form. Excellent introduction course. Loved parts where explained whats happening behind curtains when code executed.

By Martin B

Sep 24, 2018

Really enjoyable course with a great balance of challenging and achievable for beginners. I highly recommend this course as a good place to start learning about programming.

By Ikseon K

Jan 31, 2018

This is very helpful for beginner who just started learning Python. The lecture and homework are very simple and concise. Really appreciate it all for your devotion. Thanks!

By Jess H

Oct 22, 2017

Great course. For a none programmer the difficulty level was perfect hard enough to be challenging but easy enough that you were continuously progressing through the course.

By Andric K

Jul 4, 2020

Best course I've ever taken, very compacted Python Fundamental course with several examples and questions to help understand. Recommended to anyone taking Computer Science.

By Elton K

May 15, 2020

Great Course with timely help from the moderators. They resolve your queries and shed light to boost your understanding of the course content. Recommended to all beginners!

By John M

Aug 21, 2018

This course covers the basics of strings, loops, and lists/arrays/dictionaries.

Forces you to think in Functions which is great for building complex programmes step by step.

By Filipe C d L D

Oct 10, 2017

Curso excelente para iniciantes em programação na linguagem Python, pois explora os fundamentos básicos da computação numa linguagem acessível a estudantes de outras áreas.

By M S

Sep 9, 2017

I have worked on my Python skills before,but this course get me to another level by applying and examining with different view from other courses .I totally recommend it .

By Mariana D

Jun 18, 2020

Great introductory course for people who never used python before. Assignments and tests that are not easy and make you really understand how to apply the learned concept.