Back to Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals by University of Toronto

Behind every mouse click and touch-screen tap, there is a computer program that makes things happen. This course introduces the fundamental building blocks of programming and teaches you how to write fun and useful programs using the Python language....

HA
Aug 17, 2019

Great for a fundamental course. I have to admit that I had learnt python a few years back and was using this as a practice and revision course. But I learnt a lot more which I can add to my knowledge.

AG
Dec 15, 2020

Great course for refreshing your python basics, and any beginner looking to pick up Python basics will be in a comfortable spot after completing this course and a bit of practice with the assignments.

501 - 525 of 1,529 Reviews for Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

By Qifan C

May 22, 2020

The lecturers have explained the concept in a simplified way that is easy to catch. Questions are good that enhance our thinking

By Harry P

Feb 3, 2020

The course was great. It's the first programming course I've taken that has explained memory addresses, which was super helpful.

By Dan S

Nov 30, 2016

Learned a lot from this beginner course in Python. A very good ice-breaker to getting into programming. Thank you, instructors!

By Graham C

Lectures were good and reading material was helpful.

I think more programming assignments would have helped bed in the knowledge

By HYOSIK M

Apr 22, 2020

Thank you so much. It is the incredible lecture. I really recommend taking this course if someone wants to learn about Python!!

By Ana F d S

Sep 27, 2017

A well structured and well taught course to learn Python basics. The course support at the forums is also fantastic! Thank you!

By Troy

Jun 21, 2017

This is definitely a great course!! everything is well-designed and the mentors are super nice and helpful. Thanks a lot again!

By KRUTI P

Jun 9, 2020

i learned a lot through this program.it will be beneficial for me in my research work.thanks lot all professors for guiding me

By Evan M

Nov 15, 2016

Easily the best introductory Python course I have taken thus far. Very easy to follow along with, and the lecturers are great!

By Malik D

Sep 26, 2021

Amazing course with great professors who are reinforcing learned concepts with assignments and exams. Definitely recommended.

By Jana S

Feb 16, 2020

extremely engaging and well-paced, learned a lot from following it and the practice exercises are really good for a beginner.

By Laborsnow

Jul 7, 2017

Very helpful for new learners without any fundamental knowledge. Wish there will be advanced courses developed in the future.

By Fabricio O L

Jun 1, 2017

Very nice introduction course for beginners. I could get nice skills, now it is possible improve my learning in programming.

By Felipe C G C

Jul 22, 2020

Great course! I already had programming knowledge but need to learn Python, and this was the best option I found on the web.

By Edward C

Apr 16, 2020

This is a great refresher to programming courses I did in Mech Eng. Learned a couple new things that they didn't teach too!

By Haider A T

Sep 18, 2019

Absolutely wonderful!! They really made python coding easy and understandable for someone who's completely new to this field

By Ben W

Jan 14, 2018

Fantastic course! I am excited to continue developing my programming skills with the next class these two instructors offer.

By David B

Sep 18, 2017

I had a blast taking this course. There are still many things I do not understand, but at least now I know what is possible.

By Ben J

Nov 30, 2020

The best explanations to the basic of coding I have come across. A great course, challenging but manageable for a beginner.

By Telsia B

This course is particularly good at linking the topics together and helping develop the skills to begin to create programs.

By Steven R M

May 23, 2020

Great course. Easy to follow and done at a level that is understandable, but also shows you are making progress. Thank you.

By Ayush A

Jan 12, 2020

Really great course, Drills down into the fundamentals to actually explain in detail the processing steps of a python code.

By J. V

Nov 18, 2019

I gained valuable fundimental python knowledge like syntax, loops, file admin skills. Great starting point for a beginner.

By Andrés P

Apr 7, 2019

Good course for beginners, but I think it could focus a little bit more on abstract thinking and not just syntactic issues.

By Kaissar

Sep 6, 2018

It's really good course for beginners. Now I know how to write simple codes, and got some knowledge for more deep studying!