Back to Learning How To Learn for Youth

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How To Learn for Youth by Arizona State University

Based on the most popular open online course in the world, this course gives you easy access to the learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. No matter what your current skill level, using these approaches can help you master new topics, change your thinking and improve your life. This course explains: * Why sometimes letting your mind wander is an important part of the learning process * How to avoid "rut think" in order to think outside the box * The value of metaphors in developing understanding * A simple, yet powerful, way to stop procrastinating If you’re already an expert, these strategies will turbocharge your learning, including test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. We all have the tools to learn what might not seem to come naturally to us at first—the secret is to understand how the brain works so we can unlock its power. Filled with animations, application questions, and exercises, this course makes learning easy and fun!...

LR
May 12, 2019

I am still seeing octopede/octopuses with tentacles in backpacks or lockers. Wonderful!!! I am a therapist who works with all age children and this will be extremely helpful! Thank you to all of you.

SH
Jun 19, 2020

I learn so much from this course. It really helps me improving my learning and the way the message was conveyed really helps the youth to understand. Thank you so much for all the lesson and sharing!

26 - 50 of 416 Reviews for Learning How To Learn for Youth

By Abdulrahman S H

Dec 18, 2018

It is really helpful, thanks so much to all the professors teaching here, and to everyone who participated in teaching this awesome course. I noticed there is a similar course provided by McMaster University & University of California San Diego, i would have enrolled on that one if it is not that my exams are heading and it seems it is longer and has more material on it, I consider taking it later.

By Lukas U

Mar 28, 2020

It helped to understand my learning behavior and change it for the better.

On a side note, the closing survey about the course was not available for me to see; there was just a blank space. Even the report error option did not work because the options to choose from were supposedly outside of the window of the website. Even zooming into and out the website did not help. I am on Win10 using Firefox.

By Ania M

This course was very helpful. All of the information was explained very well. It was easy to follow. Tests were not hard, all the answers were in the videos. Many interesting techniques were explained. Some of the information I already knew(because of the prior interest to this subject). In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this course to my friends.

By Masood M

Nov 24, 2020

I really enjoyed this course.This course helped me to get important ideas and techniques that enhances my ability to learn, and also to discover how to avoid “information overload,” and how to recognize my own strengths to become a successful learner through the 3 keys:

1-Keep Options Open

2-Be Persistent

3-Be Flexible

Thank you so much for your great efforts.

By Ahmed B

Jan 31, 2020

This the best course for everyone who struggles with his own learning. A great opportunity to explore how our mind and memory work. It also offers a wide variety of learning techniques in a funny and exciting way. I will tell my students what I've learned through this course and try to motivate them to take more courses online for personal development.

By Hayrettin

Jul 16, 2020

I think all the individual whether they be adult or youth should take this course to broaden their perspective over learning. This course no doubt will help any both in their social and professional life. Many thanks to the creators of this course to make it available for free to all the people around the world who has internet access.

By Margarita

Jun 28, 2019

This is one of the best courses on studying techniques for adolescents! It´s simple and deep at the same time.

I´m a teacher and have used it with my students since long ago. I started showing them the course Learning How to Learn and now I switched to this one.

I would love to be able to have this course translated to Spanish!

By Janelle L

May 15, 2020

This is a highly engaging course with enjoyable anecdotes and videos. Its student-friendly language and science-backed content is presented by knowledgeable, entheusiastic teachers. This course is great for students and parents/teachers of students. I can't wait to use some of these teachings in my classroom!

By Paul W

Mar 27, 2019

Embedding these ideas into institutions that do little to support them currently could be a sea change in the education culture--transforming a conformist and relatively unproductive system into one that supports creativity, multi-field proficiency, better literacy, and the joy of learning.

By Joseph K

Jul 10, 2020

This was an extremely helpful course. It teaches you the best methods to learn, prepare for tests, how to learn the key ideas and how to remember facts easily. I see myself using all of this methods in the future. Even during my summer work it has already helped me! Overall great class.

By Rick J

This is a great introduction to help students learn tips to help improve their studying skills.

From learning about how the brain makes connections to overcoming procrastination and more.

Once put into action, the tips should help to develop habits for life long learning & success.

By Chaitanya L

This course has changed my approach towards learning and preparation. A broader view of learning and understanding the while logical operations behind learning - training and enhancing those logical operations helps not only youth but anyone and everyone who want to learn anything.

By SHARAN H

It was a wonderful experience in my academical life as I was really surprised with its contents as well as its applicability in the real life world.

Thank You so much for the efforts of the eminent Professors and Thank you Coursera for giving me an opportunity in your Floor.

By Fatahi S

Nov 16, 2020

The course was amazing. It went beyond my expectation. I have learnt to be an effective learnt and since I started implementing the lessons from the course, my learning has improved and more efficient. A big appreciation to Barbara, Terry and Greg for the amazing course content.

By Ahmed I

Jun 30, 2020

One of the courses that not only stick to your head by the more than perfect teaching technique using metaphors and animation, but also so enjoyable. the amount of knowledge, techniques and tips in course that is simplified is precious. A lesson for life they say....

By Hamzah I

Oct 11, 2020

I work as a teacher so an educator is not so easy, but with me studying in this course I can learn new things later I will apply them in class. I really recommend to take this course. the material that is explained is easy to understand with some interesting videos.

By Анастасия П

Nov 21, 2020

It was very helpful course with understandable theory and cool visual analogies.

Thanks for examples from real life about how does the brain work and also thanks for

inspiring historical examlpes.

I will use all technics that lectors gave in day-by-day life.

By Raghdaa A

Jun 7, 2020

Thank you for this wonderful course. She taught me how to arrange ideas and organize them smoothly and flexibly and my brain exercise to receive more information through methods and openness and non-complexity such as borrowing and short circuit I studied

By Salamullah

Jul 27, 2020

It was a great learning opportunity being enrolled to this course. The instructors have done a tremendous job. Course content is up-to-date, highly effective, engaging and explained in a simplest possible way. I recommend this amazing course to everyone.

By Ludwing G F F

Sep 14, 2020

I remember the name of Adam, Omar and Sarah. Also, my chore list 1 Clean my room, 2 Do my homework 3 Brush my teeth 4 Tease my brother and BDNF Brain Definitely Needs Food. May you be confused, just take the course. It was a very enrichment experience.

By Tajkeya S

Aug 8, 2020

This course will surprise you in so many ways. Definitely worth the time. I learned so many things and so many things started to make sense too! You will definitely become a better leaner and see a positive change in your learning abilities and tests.

By Ahmad A

May 3, 2020

Everything literally

Video and photo editing, music, engaging and captivating titles, full course content

An excellent sequence of lessons, valuable information learned in life

So when I hear their voice, smile!

Thank you very much for your great efforts

By Jessy T

Sep 6, 2020

One of the best for adults and children of all ages. The course is presented very well for younger learners to understand. Great practical skills to use in real life learning that will be beneficial for life-long learners beyond the school yard.

By Furkan

Oct 3, 2020

Before starting this course, I thought it was a waste of time self-improvement course, but after it started I learned how the brain works when learning, how to learn something more easily. The most interesting thing was the pomodoro technique.

By Rana E

Jul 14, 2019

This course is wonderful and contains a very good and creative explanation. And teachers their way above the wonderful and I really benefited from this course and exceeded my expectations and I hope everyone to benefit from this course like me